Author Topic: Masks to be made compulsory on Public Transport  (Read 14285 times)

Offline Justin Time

Masks to be made compulsory on Public Transport
« on: June 24, 2020, 09:27:24 pm »
So its been announced that masks are now compulsory on Public Transport.

So presumably we can refuse anyone that doesnt wear a mask into our motors.

Mind you in the article it mentions "public transport" (buses,trains,Luas) no mention of taxis. See told ya, we are only "public transport" when we owe them money.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/masks-to-be-made-compulsory-on-public-transport-1.4287678

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
Re: Masks to be made compulsory on Public Transport
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 09:47:51 pm »
Dick turpin....was before his time!
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 10:07:15 pm »
If we weren't included ...
It would make us the only option for those unable or unwilling to wear masks for whatever reason
Just saying ...
Depends if you feel the screen sanitiser and your own mask is sufficient?

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 10:25:38 pm »
"would make the wearing of masks on all public transport compulsory."

"other public transport operators would be allowed operate at 50 per cent capacity." 

Sounds like we are included in the mask fiasco and the 50% rule !!
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 10:33:51 pm »
I've been operating at 50% capacity for years now!!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 12:22:54 am »
I've been operating at 50% capacity for years now!!
Rules state "You cannot reasonably refuse a fare under 30KMs" Fear of catching or spreading a life-threatening illness seems reasonable to me.
If/when I go back I'll insist, stating that I installed a screen and wore a mask and it's only fair and reasonable for a punter to play their part by wearing a face covering.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 12:29:56 am »
Dick turpin....was before his time!
rofl
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Horse

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2020, 12:52:35 am »
At least they won't be able to eat their shite in our cars now, its my pet hate. I'm not looking forward to going back though faced with the scenario that I can't see any of their faces. All well and good during the day but at 4am I'm not sure. If I felt iffy about nights before it'll be totally scarey now. Every punter is a potential  junkie or drunk or thief. Gone will be the days of going with your gut when you refuse fares, cant even see their poxy face now.

Offline TheDevilHimself

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2020, 01:05:49 am »
At least they won't be able to eat their shite in our cars now, its my pet hate. I'm not looking forward to going back though faced with the scenario that I can't see any of their faces. All well and good during the day but at 4am I'm not sure. If I felt iffy about nights before it'll be totally scarey now. Every punter is a potential  junkie or drunk or thief. Gone will be the days of going with your gut when you refuse fares, cant even see their poxy face now.
Great stuff !  so then you can also reasonably refuse to allow into  your jammer  any brainwashed  idiot wearing a muzzle ..also on safety grounds .
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 01:14:10 am by TheDevilHimself »
Six legs good, four legs bad!

Offline Horse

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2020, 01:11:55 am »
Yea but if they have to wear a mask we'll be refusing every fare. Doesn't seem like much point going out to work at all if that's the case.

Offline TheDevilHimself

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2020, 01:18:33 am »
Yes they might be made to believe that they have to but it may eventually come down to people using their own brains and deciding for themselves wether or not to wear the  muzzle  and then Drivers deciding for themselves wether or not to take them .
 I really would hope so, but  from what I've seen lately I wont be  holding  my breath.
Six legs good, four legs bad!

john m

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2020, 07:28:02 am »
Taxies will not be included .We ARE NOT PUBLIC SERVICE VEHICLES .We are vehicles that are available for use by the Public .The Definition of Public service vehicles are those services deemed necessary for the functioning of the state and there is a liability on the State to Provide by means of Subsidy or intervention .If we were Public Service vehicles then we could claim a subsidy for providing our service .

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2020, 11:37:07 am »
Yes they might be made to believe that they have to but it may eventually come down to people using their own brains and deciding for themselves wether or not to wear the  muzzle  and then Drivers deciding for themselves wether or not to take them .
 I really would hope so, but  from what I've seen lately I wont be  holding  my breath.

Unless people are wearing a mask they wont be getting into my car, end of.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2020, 11:38:34 am »
Taxies will not be included .We ARE NOT PUBLIC SERVICE VEHICLES .We are vehicles that are available for use by the Public .The Definition of Public service vehicles are those services deemed necessary for the functioning of the state and there is a liability on the State to Provide by means of Subsidy or intervention .If we were Public Service vehicles then we could claim a subsidy for providing our service .

Yes we will (be included) , and we are SPSV's, and that isn't a definition of Public service vehicles

Public service vehicle means any motor vehicle used or adapted to be used for the carriage of passengers for hire or reward

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2020, 11:39:13 am »
Back Mid March I picked up an app job and he was a young bloke with a mask on.Four months later the rest of the country is catching up.I remember thinking he was mad at the time.

Show Unread Posts