Author Topic: Masks to be made compulsory on Public Transport  (Read 14277 times)

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

Re: Masks to be made compulsory on Public Transport
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2020, 10:45:40 pm »
It's all a loada bollocks.

john m

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2020, 11:00:03 pm »
HAVE THEY BEEN MADE COMPULSORY and what is the legal definition of mask ?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2020, 12:15:53 am »
HAVE THEY BEEN MADE COMPULSORY and what is the legal definition of mask ?

Ask the NTA.....i think they have to have a CE mark on them to pass suitability....and if it has an expiry date stamp..make sure it's in date and satisfy yourself of the material that's it's made from is kosher!!

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2020, 09:06:27 am »
Every address in the country should have had a free delivery of quality masks by now and a list of suitable low cost suppliers,but no...!!!..Crap masks and crazy prices circulating in this free ...rip off ...Country...No argument that wearing a mask in public is beneficial to eliminating the spread of this virus,,,,Improved low cost testing is being hindered by the Government decision to pay 200 euro a test to their approved testing( Laboratories).....A Laboratory professor on Prime Time RTE1 ...last week complained that a lab test for Corona virus... cost 15 euro but the Government cowboys decided to offer a list of testing labs 200euro a test without any haggeling on price...the price is holding back on ordinary people wanting to be tested.....No lessons learned here and so no hope of a brighter future in this culture!!!!Micke Mouse for Taoiseach....

Dis an Dat Im not a rat

john m

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2020, 10:14:07 am »
Coola ...Look at what has happened in the USA after they opened up .Some research says over 20 Million and not 2 Million Americans have contracted some version of this virus .I remember posting that Leo a Medical doctor said on the day he took our keys off of us .That there were TWO things Coronavirus and Covid 19 I still believe this to be true one is a flue like virus that gives you chills and Fever and the other is the manifestation of catching Covid if you have certain other underlying ailments .

I was talking to a Doctor Friend during the week who suggested that the increase of Deaths in Nursing homes could possibly be due to the Fact that a lot of medicines dispensed in Nursing homes are not branded but Generic as most of them are paid for by the HSE and they would want to save coin .Generic medicines might not be as Powerfull as the Branded options just like Coca Cola or Tescos own Cola are differently the same .

Face masks are Political Window dressing an optical disillusion that things are great .If the Virus is Dying why do we need masks If its safe to relax opening then why did they extend the Covid Coin .

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2020, 12:18:19 pm »
The Corona virus isn't gone and won't go away, it's something as a society we have to learn to live with, a lot has been learned in this regard an countries are starting to return to some semblance of normality, believe me if certain aspects of society (essential services) had not been kept open and those working in them had not risked their lives (many lost) you'd have been on here crying over no cornflakes.

It's now time for the rest of us to restart our society and do what ever we can individually to do so without spreading the virus.

Of course properly worn masks help
Of course physical barriers help
Of course side by side, back to back front to back contacts are better than face to face
Of course hand washing and sanitising works

It's time to get off your arse and return society to normality using common sense

Maybe and quite probably the virus will spike again, but we cannot continue to sponge off the state indefinitely

john m

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2020, 12:38:21 pm »
SPONGE OFF THE STATE .The state offered workers a deal you stay at home wash your hands observe social distancing and we will give you some coin .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2020, 12:42:07 pm »
Whether you take the COVID money or decide to work you're still going to be paying in your tax bill for the next 10/20 years.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 12:50:05 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2020, 12:45:04 pm »
SPONGE OFF THE STATE .The state offered workers a deal you stay at home wash your hands observe social distancing and we will give you some coin .

Provided you had no work to go to, you conveniently keep forgetting that bit.

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2020, 08:11:16 pm »
The Corona virus isn't gone and won't go away, it's something as a society we have to learn to live with, a lot has been learned in this regard an countries are starting to return to some semblance of normality, believe me if certain aspects of society (essential services) had not been kept open and those working in them had not risked their lives (many lost) you'd have been on here crying over no cornflakes.

It's now time for the rest of us to restart our society and do what ever we can individually to do so without spreading the virus.

Of course properly worn masks help
Of course physical barriers help
Of course side by side, back to back front to back contacts are better than face to face
Of course hand washing and sanitising works

It's time to get off your arse and return society to normality using common sense

Maybe and quite probably the virus will spike again, but we cannot continue to sponge off the state indefinitely

GREAT.....you have a history of not paying much attention to any posts pre yours....I dont debate with walls....or closed minds.. but accept we all have the right to controlled opinion ...so I will skip this one ...in case I might waste time for me.... ,
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Phsychidelic

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2020, 01:42:21 am »
Why should i wear a mask when I don't rob people and the
keshites won't. At least Dick Turpin etc.....

Offline Belker

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2020, 06:52:12 am »
Taxies will not be included .We ARE NOT PUBLIC SERVICE VEHICLES .We are vehicles that are available for use by the Public .The Definition of Public service vehicles are those services deemed necessary for the functioning of the state and there is a liability on the State to Provide by means of Subsidy or intervention .If we were Public Service vehicles then we could claim a subsidy for providing our service .

Yes we will (be included) , and we are SPSV's, and that isn't a definition of Public service vehicles

Public service vehicle means any motor vehicle used or adapted to be used for the carriage of passengers for hire or reward
Tough Call !

I would side with Roy on the regulations side but John M has decent points.
I really don't know, but I will put the betting up (with the usual sample odds rules).

Taxies drivers and Customers to have mandatory face masks by NTA or Gov.ie;
John M (NO); 4/7.
Roy (Theoneandonly) (YES); 6/4

john m

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2020, 06:55:30 am »

Provided you had no work to go to, you conveniently keep forgetting that bit.

That was never a condition .The condition was your business was impacted by the virus .If you could not social distance .Plus where can a working driver wash his hands .Thats the Instruction not douse your mitts with alcoholic liquid .

Offline Belker

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2020, 07:03:14 am »
.....Unless people are wearing a mask they wont be getting into my car, end of.
Maybe best to stay home on the Covid 350 so JT,
about 1% of my night time passengers wear masks.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2020, 07:26:11 am »
.....Unless people are wearing a mask they wont be getting into my car, end of.
Maybe best to stay home on the Covid 350 so JT,
about 1% of my night time passengers wear masks.

I guess it will be an issue with those wearing make up and worried about their complexion and stuff?
Personally not too concerned whether people wear them in the Taxi or not, though I'd prefer they did.
It'll be less policed in Taxis and we will probably be a grey area in this regard, sure we don't know ourselves whether we're included or not, how do we expect pax to know?

Show Unread Posts