Author Topic: Pubs reopening  (Read 3838 times)

john m

Pubs reopening
« on: June 29, 2020, 01:05:41 pm »
Talking to a Barman from Temple bar ,Most of the pubs WONT reopen they say it will cost to much at the moment they have reduced costs like insurance ,Electric,wages,rates .The word is they will not reopen till February .

Offline Taxi driver42

Re: Pubs reopening
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 01:19:11 pm »
Feb?????
They be out of business by then

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 01:19:32 pm »
Why February?Are the barmen working on their own vaccine or something.

Saw the Market bar on the news and it looks poxy with all the cubicles around the tables.They've turned a large capacity open plan pub into lots of crappy smaller isolated units with only 50% capacity.

I'm assuming they'll be taking wage subsidies until a vaccine is found.

Offline Billy boy

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 01:20:45 pm »
There is no way pubs are staying closed in December.

john m

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 01:23:36 pm »
Reason Feb .There is nothing happening no tourists no music at the moment the pubs are not making money but they are not losing money .My mate says it would cost his boss 1250 a week to open the doors before wages .He dosent see that it makes economic sense .No gigs ,no GAA probably get a good December out of it January is usually quiet .So sit till Feb .

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 01:27:00 pm »
Probably more because he won't be getting €7 a pint off the locals.Most of those pubs in Templebar are tiny but make massive margins on the drink.Now they can't ram in the punters and overcharge them.

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 01:30:30 pm »
The pubs are finished ..lot them be apartments .....so is the airline business...all the small operator be shut down ...the big ones subsidised
....I wonder wat theyll do with all the cruise ships ? Skuttle them in the Atlantic probably
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 01:32:21 pm »
Reason Feb .There is nothing happening no tourists no music at the moment the pubs are not making money but they are not losing money .My mate says it would cost his boss 1250 a week to open the doors before wages .He dosent see that it makes economic sense .No gigs ,no GAA probably get a good December out of it January is usually quiet .So sit till Feb .

Christmas?
GAA final is set for Saturday 19th December

The only Pubs that aren't reopening are those that are too small or don't do food

john m

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2020, 01:33:18 pm »
The pubs are finished ..lot them be apartments .....so is the airline business...all the small operator be shut down ...the big ones subsidised
....I wonder wat theyll do with all the cruise ships ? Skuttle them in the Atlantic probably

The Good Ship Athenrye Will be a Prison Ship, sorry Detention center, Sorry Homeless Hostel .

Online Octavia1

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 01:34:47 pm »

The Good Ship Athenrye Will be a Prison Ship, sorry Detention center, Sorry Homeless Hostel .
Apparently nobody got the chinese flu in the prisons I hear

john m

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2020, 01:37:13 pm »
A lot of dizzeezed mickies as the Pox doctor was closed during the covid crisis .VD is on the rise STD are rampant .

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2020, 01:41:50 pm »
About Templebar....a barman from there was telling me his boss doesn't want Irish as they're always complaining about the prices.Now they're the only customers available he's probably staying closed as he would have to lower his prices.Without live music it's a fairly boring place.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 01:45:41 pm by mercenary for hire »

Online Octavia1

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2020, 01:49:01 pm »
A lot of dizzeezed mickies as the Pox doctor was closed during the covid crisis .VD is on the rise STD are rampant .
Wer dyou hear that johnny?

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2020, 01:50:11 pm »
STC is the new STD! 8)

john m

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2020, 02:03:48 pm »
Wer dyou hear that johnny?

Big Dommos sister is in the trade ..........No not a Tom she works with street workers health programme .

Show Unread Posts