Author Topic: unhelpful NTA again  (Read 4251 times)

Offline Theoneandonly

unhelpful NTA again
« on: June 30, 2020, 12:58:53 pm »
Because the NTA were unable to process payments there is a delay in processing my driver licence in the carriage office, the carriage office helpfully gave me a letter extending my licence for 30 days.
I sent a copy of the letter to the NTA and asked them to extend the date on the portal to show the extended period, they told me they wouldn't and that the link would be broken once the original licence expires, and if questioned by customer, Garda or enforcement officer I could show them the letter.
So now if a customer gets in my car after that date it'll look like there is no driver linked and be told that they shouldn't use the vehicle, or maybe they just won't get in?
Free Now extended the date on their app after a few emails, NTA are not for budging

john m

Re: unhelpful NTA again
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 01:41:12 pm »
FUCKING DISGRACEFUL who do Free Now think they are allowing an unlicenced driver access to work .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 11:06:35 pm »
Not surprised at all.....but Anne Graham will say the NTA are open and they're doing a great job.....the Gardai are responsible for issuing the licences so let the NTA go fuk themselves.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 10:41:29 am »
When did your licence expire?

Offline maxi

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 10:48:33 am »
FUCKING DISGRACEFUL who do Free Now think they are allowing an unlicenced driver access to work .
They call RETARDS from MOUNT SNAKE LOWER

Offline maxi

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 10:50:59 am »
They call RETARDS from MOUNT SNAKE PIT LOWER

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 10:53:20 am »
It's upper Mount Street.

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 11:03:47 am »
This is the 5 yearly licence ?

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 11:06:29 am »

Yes

Next week, there's a slim chance it might be renewed in time
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 11:11:59 am by Theoneandonly »

Offline maxi

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2020, 11:10:51 am »
It's upper Mount Street.
Doesn't change a fact they are retarded

john m

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2020, 11:40:49 am »
 Do you ever listen to yourselves making rods for your own back .Illtry again .NEVER ASK A QUESTION IF YOU DONT ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER .Why would you ask the NTA for clarification on anything .Read this and learn .

In 2012 Roy got me a Gig in Microsofts HQ in Leopardstown .Im adressing Chief account managers from most of Irelands Multi Nationals and I say the Irish are practical people and Politicians .The conversation goes like this as I explain that people, ie them think they know us .

Gents :What is the Official  Irish National Colour ?Silence" ah says I this wont work if you dont play" .So one lad says Green ."No says I its St Patricks Blue .Green is an advertising colour depicting the Green Grass and healthy nature of the country developed by advertisers to sell tourism .

"So now we have learned something "I say Now lets try again .Whats the Irish National Colour ? .One lad trying to play along says "Blue St Patricks Blue " I say No your wrong its Grey "At this stage They think Im nuts and the man who is going to write my check for appearing is frowning ."Let me explain I say .I asked you what is the Irish national Colour not what is the Official Irish National Colour .The Irish National Colour is Grey "Let me explain .First what colour is grey is it a light shade of Black or a dark shade of White ?"If we agree that it is a bark  shade of White then its not a huge leap to say its sort of Whitish ,but if we agree its a light shade of Black then again its not a big leap to say its sort of Blackiskh " Now that explains how Ireland works if you want something to be on the White end of the scale or on the Black end of the same scale we will accommodate you "Plenty or wriggle room to make the rules suit your own interpretation of the rules without actually breaking the rules even though it might look to an observer that you are doing the exact opposite to what the other fella is doing .

By asking for clarity you reduce your wriggle room .DONT ASK UNLESS YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER .

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2020, 12:02:13 pm »
Did the frowning man who wrote the check ask you back?

(I know the answer)

john m

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2020, 12:12:25 pm »
Did the frowning man who wrote the check ask you back?

(I know the answer)

In the talk I forcast Brexit not called that but I forcast Britain Would leave the EU .and yes he stayed in touch .

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2020, 04:01:05 pm »

Yes

Next week, there's a slim chance it might be renewed in time

Licence arrived today (would have expired tomorrow)

NTA still say they will not update the APP until they're informed by the Gardai:

Thank you for contacting the NTA (National Transport Authority). We refer to your recent correspondence

An Garda Síochána are the licensing Authority for SPSV drivers they must be the one to contact us and advise that your licence has been extended so we can update our system correctly.

If you have any further questions, please call 0761 064000.

It will be interesting to see if it's updated tomorrow or if they knock me off despite me having a current license.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2020, 06:57:38 pm »
Are you still waiting on your dash id?

Show Unread Posts