Author Topic: Back to normal then  (Read 6488 times)

john m

Back to normal then
« on: July 06, 2020, 11:43:29 am »
Looks like everything is back to normal Cowan done for drink driving and driving on a provisional until he was nearly 50.Billy Kelleher said fuck isolation headed home from Belgium the most infested country on earth dropped in to the confrence center to see the coronation of his mate Mick from Cork then drove to Cork .Then the Green Party minister for children is hanging out with a bender who thinks kids under age should be fuckable and some other Bird TD from near the border also said fuck the travel restrictions im bringing me oulone to the Confrence Center to see me doing me work .But Hey the pubs are open the bookies are open the Grave yards are open .Maria Bailey must be fit to swing Barry from Birr caught drink driving and drove for years unaccompanied on a provisional .She only fell off a swing when she was gargled never put other peoples lives in danger.

john m

Re: Back to normal then
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 11:49:06 am »
Minister for Children Roderic O’Gorman says he has become the victim of a “far-right social media pile-on” by groups using misinformation to play on concerns about child protection issues.

Speaking following a week of social media attacks on his views around the age of consent, and accusations of associating with an alleged “paedophile apologist”, Mr O’Gorman said the protection of the most vulnerable remained his “central” focus as a politician.

He described the accusations as “ridiculous” but cautioned that the information being spread could become “really damaging”.

Mr O’Gorman has been criticised in recent days for marching alongside British LGBT rights campaigner Peter Tatchell at Dublin’s Pride march two years ago.

In a 1997 letter to the Guardian, Mr Tatchell controversially wrote that some of his friends had made a “conscious choice” to have sex with an adult when they were under the age of 13. “While it may be impossible to condone paedophilia, it is time society acknowledged the truth that not all sex involving children is unwanted, abusive and harmful,” wrote the British campaigner.

Mr Tatchell has since claimed the letter was edited and said sex with children was “impossible to condone”. “This means I condemn it,” he said in a tweet posted last week. “I oppose adults having sex with children.”

Mr O’Gorman said on Monday that Dublin Pride was “the first and only time” he met Mr Tatchell. Asked if he knew of the 1997 letter before Pride, the Green Party Minister said he did not.

“I had no idea about the letter. Had I read it straight before the march I probably would have re-considered (taking a photo with him). I absolutely don’t share his views on those points and I’m glad that he’s since clarified exactly what he meant there.

Cabinet expected to extend restrictions on travel at meeting
Mayo best-represented at Cabinet over years, Senator finds
Friends of Sinn Féin raises a further $294,790 in the US

“I would have seen him primarily as an advocate for LGBT rights in the UK in the 1990s and 2002 but more recently particularly vocal on treatment of LGBT people in Russia and Chechnya. ”

In a video posted on Twitter on Sunday, actor John Connors said allegations about the Minister and his association with Mr Tatchell should be “the political scandal of the year”.

The actor accused the Green Party of inviting Mr Tatchell, a “paedophile apologist”, to take part in Pride and highlighted the campaigner’s efforts to lower the British age of consent to 14. “This should be a national scandal, this is a disgrace,” said Connors.

Mr O’Gorman said the Green Party had not invited Mr Tatchell to take part in Pride but that he was invited to Ireland by another group involved in the festivities.

On the age of consent, Mr O’Gorman said he had no plans to bring it down from 17. “I don’t wish to lower the age of consent, the Green Party doesn’t wish to lower the age of consent and this Government doesn’t wish to lower the age of consent,” he said.

Last week, journalist Gemma O’Doherty tweeted a screenshot of a photo of an Irish actor who had recreated the famous Goya painting ‘Saturn Devouring his Son’ which the Minister had re-tweeted. “Another day of sordid revelations,” wrote O’Doherty, before calling for the Minister to step down.

A number of Twitter users accused Mr O’Gorman of supporting Satanism, claims he dismissed as ridiculous.

“It’s a painting of a famous Greek legend and I like a well put together Halloween costume. But now it’s being cited as an example that I support Satanism. It’s gone to the ridiculous.”

Asked to respond to calls for his resignation because of his association with Mr Tatchell, Mr O’Gorman said he would not respond to individual online posts.

The Minister said there was a definite homophobic element to the abuse he was receiving and that his predecessor Katherine Zappone had been subjected to similar attacks for being gay and because she didn’t have children. The Green Party Lord Mayor of Dublin, Hazel Chu has also been subjected to online attacks around race, said Mr O’Gorman.

“It’s an attempt by the far right to silence people from minorities and to suppress difference. They’ll use whatever they can to undermine those who seek to stand up to their agenda. But it certainly isn’t going to work with me.”

The Minister said he had a “track record of working to implement child protection policies” through is work on school management boards and his seven years as Green party justice spokesman.

“The protection of the vulnerable has been central to everything I’ve done in politics... and now as Minister for Children, as well as Minister for Disability, Equality and Integration, child protection will continue to be central to my work.”

Mr O’Gorman said he had found the online allegations difficult to deal with but was conscious that “everyone in politics has to accept a level of scrutiny” and he accepts this.

“I had hoped that the ridiculousness of allegations would be seen and people would say this is just a mob piling on but because some people are believing this misinformation, it’s important to highlight what these groups are doing and also give complete clarification.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/minister-for-children-rejects-ridiculous-online-claims-over-paedophilia-1.4297259

john m

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 11:55:19 am »
This is the same issue that done Norris when he ran for president .In the ancient Gay community it was thought to be a good thing for an older man to take a young boy under his wing and teach him the gay lifestyle .Unlike hetrosexual men who breed their own children and can teach them the family trade Gay men did not have children .

john m

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 11:57:24 am »
hilip Ryan and Fionnán Sheahan

July 06 2020 02:30 AM

Fianna Fáil has become embroiled in controversy just a week after entering government, with two of the party's most senior politicians forced to issue public apologies.

Embattled Agriculture Minister Barry Cowen is under pressure to give a detailed account of the night he was stopped by gardaí for drink-driving.

Read More
Questions Cowen needs to answer
Fionnán Sheahan:
 Yet another fine mess as Martin needs a 'Maria Bailey-type test' for Fianna Fáil
Fianna Fáil MEP apologises for not self-isolating after flying in from Brussels for Taoiseach's election
Agriculture Minister Barry Cowen says he was fortunate no one was 'maimed or killed' by his decision to drink and drive
He is also facing questions over how he managed to reach the age of 49 without a full driver's licence.

Yesterday, he committed to addressing the controversy in a Dáil statement.

But last night, in response to queries about his licence, Mr Cowen would say only that he sat a test and received his full permit after his driving ban.

There are also questions emerging over who in Fianna Fáil knew about the ban, with senior party figures admitting they had heard "rumours".

Meanwhile, Fianna Fáil MEP Billy Kelleher has caused embarrassment for Taoiseach Micheál Martin after it was revealed he ignored quarantine rules so he could attend the vote for the Taoiseach.

Mr Kelleher ignored HSE guidelines requiring people arriving in Ireland to self-isolate for two weeks when he flew in on Friday, June 26.

Instead of quarantining, the Cork MEP attended a Dáil sitting the next day in the National Convention Centre before travelling to Leinster House to mingle with colleagues.

He then travelled to Cork and returned to Dublin the following day and flew back to Brussels.

In a statement, Mr Kelleher said he made an "error of judgment" and apologised "unreservedly".

Meanwhile, speaking publicly for the first time since the Irish Independent revealed his driving ban, Mr Cowen said he was "humiliated" by his own actions and added he was "no example" to his own children.

"It was a serious lapse of judgment and I wasn't raised that way," he added.

The Offaly TD, who is former taoiseach Brian Cowen's brother, said if any good was to arise from his drink-driving ban, it would be that others would think twice about getting behind the wheel of their car while over the limit.

“I was fortunate in that there was nobody hurt, injured or maimed or killed, thankfully, but that’s not to say that will be the case in any other instance of a similar nature,” he added.

Speaking on RTÉ’s ‘The Week in Politics’, Mr Cowen said “of course” he drove his car unaccompanied while on a learner permit but says he has since acquired a full licence.

Mr Cowen said he should have told Fianna Fáil leader Micheál Martin about the incident but “naively” decided against informing the Taoiseach.

Social Democrat TD Jennifer Whitmore said Mr Cowen should address the Dáil on his driving ban and the new minister said he would do so.

Rise TD Paul Murphy said it was “bizarre” that a TD could reach 49 years of age without acquiring a driving licence.

Mr Murphy told the Irish Independent Mr Cowen still had “some explaining to do” and insisted the Dáil should take the minister up on his offer to address the controversy. “Just how it was that he was 49 years old and presumably driving on a daily basis, back and forth to the Dáil and elsewhere, without a full licence,” he said. “If he was driving unaccompanied during this period surely there’s questions also he should answer there.”

Yesterday, Green Party leader Eamon Ryan said he accepted Mr Cowen’s explanation.

“He has acknowledged that it was wrong, the courts have applied the appropriate fine and bans, he has apologised to his colleagues and that’s something I accept and maybe there is a lesson for us all to learn,” he said.

Tánaiste Leo Varadkar spoke to Taoiseach Micheál Martin about the incident and also accepted Mr Cowen’s explanation.

Meanwhile, Cavan/Monaghan TD Niamh Smyth was also forced to defend taking her mother to the Convention Centre for the Dáil sitting when Mr Martin did not take his family.

Ms Smyth said she was an “essential worker” who worked for 14 hours a day and was concerned about becoming tired while driving.

john m

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 11:59:51 am »
FF Tds will complain about people drinking on the streets but wont say fuck all about their mate drinking and driving on a provisional licence .Ah welcome back BANANA I was beginning to miss you .

john m

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 12:15:08 pm »
As I said back to normal get the boot in .Kick anybody dosent matter what the reason is just get the boot in .But it does ask the question if people dont put the boot in who else will .Calls into question the Judgement of the people who lead the kip .

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 12:35:14 pm »
Judgement police are out in force at the moment, look at the comments on here regarding Saturday evenings celebrations. because that is all they were, pent up demand.
I wonder do people sit on these stories for years waiting for the victim to gain prominence or do they research for the dirt after the rise?

john m

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 12:39:24 pm »
Judgement police are out in force at the moment, look at the comments on here regarding Saturday evenings celebrations. because that is all they were, pent up demand.
I wonder do people sit on these stories for years waiting for the victim to gain prominence or do they research for the dirt after the rise?

Of course they do its a National passtime Begrudgery .

john m

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2020, 12:40:35 pm »
NOW HE IS REALLY IN THE SHIT you cant be caught fiddling coin it looks bad and puts a light on the rest of the lads and ladies

[removed]
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 10:17:54 am by Admin »

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2020, 01:00:56 pm »
This is the same issue that done Norris when he ran for president .In the ancient Gay community it was thought to be a good thing for an older man to take a young boy under his wing and teach him the gay lifestyle .Unlike hetrosexual men who breed their own children and can teach them the family trade Gay men did not have children .

What's this gay lifestyle you talk about ?

john m

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2020, 01:06:02 pm »

Pederasty in ancient Greece was a socially acknowledged romantic relationship between an adult male (the erastes) and a younger male (the eromenos) usually in his teens. It was characteristic of the Archaic and Classical periods. ... Pederasty was both idealized and criticized in ancient literature and philosophy.

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2020, 01:22:58 pm »

Pederasty in ancient Greece was a socially acknowledged romantic relationship between an adult male (the erastes) and a younger male (the eromenos) usually in his teens. It was characteristic of the Archaic and Classical periods. ... Pederasty was both idealized and criticized in ancient literature and philosophy.

That wasnt my question, I asked you what this "gay lifestyle" was,surely you are not equating ancient times with modern times?

I am fully aware of pederasty and its origins, which is no longer practiced as it was from ancient.
Nice of you to be able to reference Wikipedia.

dalymount

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2020, 01:36:47 pm »
Here is that american owlone who was minister for children gone,or is she still around ?

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2020, 01:45:45 pm »

That wasnt my question, I asked you what this "gay lifestyle" was,surely you are not equating ancient times with modern times?

I am fully aware of pederasty and its origins, which is no longer practiced as it was from ancient.
Nice of you to be able to reference Wikipedia.

Gay lifestyle is wer one bloke sticks his willy up another blokes bum justin .... :-X
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2020, 01:47:26 pm »
Here is that american owlone who was minister for children gone,or is she still around ?

Her mot snuffed it daily an she got fuked out of office in the last election I tink
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Show Unread Posts