Author Topic: French bus driver left brain dead after being 'attacked over face masks'  (Read 3509 times)

Offline watty

Bus driver left brain dead after being 'attacked over face masks' (BBC)

A bus driver in the south-west of France has been left brain dead after reportedly being attacked by passengers who refused to wear face masks.  The driver in Bayonne had refused to allow several people - who had no tickets and were not wearing masks - to board the bus on Sunday night, a police source told AFP news agency.  The man, who is in his 50s, sustained serious head injuries after being punched.

Five people have been arrested.

Face masks are mandatory on public transport in France.  Union sources told France Bleu's local radio station that the driver had attempted to prevent the group from bringing a dog on board the bus. The mayor of Bayonne condemned the "barbaric act", the station added.  Regional bus services have been severely disrupted as drivers refuse to work following the incident.

I wonder if Dublin Bus drivers are getting much pushback on wearing masks on buses?  Should be fun if/when they make masks compulsory in taxis here!

Offline Theoneandonly

A bus driver in the south-west of France has been left brain dead after reportedly being attacked by passengers who refused to wear face masks.  The driver in Bayonne had refused to allow several people - who had no tickets and were not wearing masks - to board the bus on Sunday night, a police source told AFP news agency.  The man, who is in his 50s, sustained serious head injuries after being punched.

Face masks are mandatory on public transport in France.  Union sources told France Bleu's local radio station that the driver had attempted to prevent the group from bringing a dog on board the bus. The mayor of Bayonne condemned the "barbaric act", the station added.  Regional bus services have been severely disrupted as drivers refuse to work following the incident.

I wonder if Dublin Bus drivers are getting much pushback on wearing masks on buses?  Should be fun if/when they make masks compulsory in taxis here!

Unlike some on here, I'll never force someone to wear one or refuse a fare if someone doesn't have one, might get a sticker made up asking people to "kindly wear one" as far as I'm concerned that'll be me covering any obligation to inform.

Offline watty

Will you wear a mask yourself with people on-board?

Offline Theoneandonly

Will you wear a mask yourself with people on-board?

I do (reusable for comfort) I have single use for passengers if they want one

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

It's all a loada bollocks.

john m

Thankfully we are NOT PUBLIC  SERVICE TRANSPORT and there is no need for customers to bally up .

Offline Shallowhal

Thankfully we are NOT PUBLIC  SERVICE TRANSPORT and there is no need for customers to bally up .

The NTA want people walking anyway!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Damn French.

Offline silverbullet

Some taxi drivers are brain dead, but still insist on working without PPE!

Offline watty

Funnily enough, went out to the shops today and saw my first pandemic street-hail (at a bus stop).  Neither driver nor passenger were wearing masks.  Probably just as well because the taxi suddenly veered out of lane.  Looked like a 'you show, I go' job...

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
I've used a few taxis in recent weeks, all drivers Irish by accident of birth and no PPE. One had a Free Now screen but didn't object to me sitting in the front.

Offline Shallowhal

I've used a few taxis in recent weeks, all drivers Irish by accident of birth and no PPE. One had a Free Now screen but didn't object to me sitting in the front.

I'm sure he regretted that move after a couple of minutes of yer wafflin!!

Offline Theoneandonly

Why would you want to sit in the front?
A couple have tried to bypass my "Sit in the back seat" sticker, however my new storage area (front passenger seat) quickly deterred them ,,, Masks, aerosol spray and disinfectant wipes, along with my sunglasses/coin dispenser now reside there.

Offline Shallowhal

Masks, aerosol spray and disinfectant wipes, along with my sunglasses/coin dispenser now reside there.

Just throw a few cable ties,gaff tape and a bottle of liquid gold on the seat and they won't need any directing to the back seat.

john m

Some clown on her recons taxis are public service vehicles because it says it on the DRIVERS licence .If thats right then we are obliged to make sure passengers wear masks but this individual then says "Unlike some on here, I'll never force someone to wear one or refuse a fare if someone doesn't have one, might get a sticker made up asking people to "kindly wear one" as far as I'm concerned that'll be me covering any obligation to inform. And you wonder why the industry is fucked same lad driving a taxi while not on the app .Sanctimonious
Selfserving Fucktard .

Show Unread Posts