Author Topic: One month to go  (Read 20135 times)

john m

One month to go
« on: July 10, 2020, 09:59:36 am »
August 10th is Covid cut off Day .What next for self employed .They WONT ask us to go on the Dole even though somebody here posted they were talking to somebody in welfare or revenue .Simply because you go on the dole its a job lost I think they will offer subsidies to Self Employed people to return to work based on a % of your returned income up to 50% of the Average industrial wage .If they continue the Wage subsidies then it makes sense to include self employed in the scheme ,even if its only till the end of the year .

Dont just look at it from a taxi drivers point of view the government wont .They need small businesses to reopen your carpet cleaner ,Window washers ,Gardners small one man band operations .If they done this how many self employed workers would qualify for the full 350? which would be the Max if you returned the minimum 10,000 a year that was necessary to get the Full payment your subsidy would be half that 5k  or 98 Euro a week .

So the Options will be take the subsidy and return to work or go on the Dole 6 months on Benefit then apply for Job Seekers means tested assistance .This is my best guess of where we are going .

Offline Shallowhal

Re: One month to go
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 10:25:53 am »
Or maybe just tell ye to go sling your proverbial John.

john m

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 10:34:13 am »
Dont think so Hal .The Government are paying employers to keep workers on the books .Government recon it costs 30 K to create a job so every job lost will cost 30K to replace plus dole payments rent subsidies and medical cards .That is why they are paying wage subsidies .Self employed people who go on the dole then incur a cost to the state so I think they will give incentives for Self Employed  to return to work .What I suggest has a low cost base that should yield good results and it also allows the government an exit from the PUP for Self Employed .If you think about it every farmer in the country is probably claiming while the Grass Grows and his cows eat it and he will profit when he sells the Beef .They cannot continue to pay the Full Rate so what better way to incentive's Self employed back to work and save coin .Economics 101 .Cost benefit analyses .

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 10:42:52 am »
https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/unemployed_people/jobseekers_benefit.html

I filled out the jobseekers benefit in march ....reading the above its difficult to decipher wat we entitled too ....

Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 10:44:06 am »
I do admire your optimism and it is a unique situation that we're in but in reality all they have to do is transfer you to Jobseekers and means test you....or hand back your plate and do an Anco course.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 10:47:49 am »
https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/unemployed_people/jobseekers_benefit.html

I filled out the jobseekers benefit in march ....reading the above its difficult to decipher wat we entitled too ....

I agree Octy....although it says that it's based on a 5 day week.....claim the 5 days and work the other 2!!

john m

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 10:49:51 am »
Dont Jump until you know where you are jumping to .If you surrender your licence and are Unemployed you can apply for Benifit based on your contributions .This is new for self employed .But they might say you made yourself unemployed as there is still a taxi service ,unlike if you were a self employed cleaner and the premises you cleaned closed down .

I would actively do nothing until we are informed what doing something could mean .I would also suggest you register with Indeed or Jobs .ie and apply for jobs as they might ask what effort you have made to find alternative employment .

john m

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2020, 10:52:03 am »

I agree Octy....although it says that it's based on a 5 day week.....claim the 5 days and work the other 2!!

BUTT....Since 1 November 2019, Jobseeker’s Benefit (Self-Employed) gives income support to self-employed people who are NO LONGER  engaged in self-employment.

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 11:00:29 am »
I do admire your optimism and it is a unique situation that we're in but in reality all they have to do is transfer you to Jobseekers and means test you....or hand back your plate and do an Anco course.

Wat do ya do then hal if yu hand yur licence back ? Suspend your mortgage? Or do they assist yu wit that?   So yu get 200 odd a week and go on jobseekers an do a course an become a career dole recipients?

Theres a disabled drug dealer livin in the next block to the owlone livin in the penthouse who hangs out her washing lingerie ( pronounced lawnjuray) against the house rules...... an the government pays his Rent an he pays a tenner a week out of his dole ...the urethra office gets him a new washing machine or fridge wen it goes bust an because hes semi disabled from injecting his ankles an he can hardly walk he is housebound cause of underlined issues during the Chinese flu an the guardai have been deliverin his dinner hot an cooked  every day an a desert
jelly an trifle an a cake  cause the wheels on meals cudnt cope an the Vince de paul call in to the poor fellow wit free clothes track suits an the district nurse comes over to make sure hes all rite an do his dressings an give him new bed clothes an the hoodies come in at nite like zombies to get ther fix off him an he worth about a million in the bank ide reckon ...an I'm sittin here wit a mortgage an few kids an if I'm told to go fuk meself wen the payment stops then I'm goin get meself a gun
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 11:04:43 am by Octavia1 »

Offline watty

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2020, 11:11:11 am »
JohnM might have a point.  The idea of Universal Basic Income is gaining ground in some academic/economic circles.  So maybe giving us €100 or €200 a week and make us work might be cheaper than if we went 100% unemployed and claimed the whole lot (dole, housing, medical card, etc etc).

On the other hand, tradespeople have been swarming my estate in the past week or two.  About 8 houses got repainted, one got her drive tarmaced and another is getting their attic converted.  Lots of money to go around for some people.  I doubt there's many receipts swapping hands!

john m

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2020, 11:20:06 am »
Occi the Woke will learn .We have seen Same sex Marrage ,Abortion ,BLM all good honest debates and probably necessary in todays world but the Woke are losing the run of themselves .I hear that the New Minister for Children wants under sixteens to be allowed change their gender with the approval of their parents and Doctors .I remember when Johnny Eagle wouldnt give you a Tattoo if you were under 18 but now if your a kid you can have your balls removed and your sack redesigned into a Cunt .A lot of what you say has happened and this Covid and Brexit will bring about Irelands Trump .People in work handing over half their wages to people who wont or cant work .Cashless Society will reduce the Black Economy which always rewarded the industrious who put their earnings back into the economy .You will need that Gun Occi .The Sheeple will rebel when the anesthetic of fear wears off and the reality of poverty comes calling .Today's young people have virtually no salable skills .Working in a Call center prancing around JD Sports selling Runners are not skills that generate coin .few with skills like brickie,plumber or carpenter and the Girloes doing Nails and plucking eyebrown will be the first to feel the cold winds blowing .

Offline Punter

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2020, 11:52:59 am »
Was there not a situation in years 08/9/10/11 that Jobseekers was available if you were working part time say 10/15 hours a week ie less than 2 days ,but you were only deemed to be working for the time when you had the meter on !

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2020, 12:45:36 pm »
Not sure what you lot are doing on a Taxi drivers forum, Is there not a dossers forum somewhere?

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2020, 01:45:36 pm »
Not sure what you lot are doing on a Taxi drivers forum, Is there not a dossers forum somewhere?

rofl

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2020, 02:59:26 pm »

rofl

If Bertie Ahern can win a hundred grand on a horse an still get his 137,000 pa pension  every year after giving my state pension valued at 60 billion to banks and shareholders from america who baut them shares after an sold them  cople years later for  100s millions in profit whilst I and my children's children's children footed the bill ..............
 then surely
I can get a cople hundred off the social without feeling a shred of guilt in my time of need caused tru no failure of me own but a pandemic caused by some  dopey silly cnut ching chong chinaman
Forgettin to wash his hands after workin on biological weapons in a lab somewhere  deep underground on the late shift . ::fds

Show Unread Posts