Author Topic: Advice Please  (Read 26099 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Advice Please
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2020, 01:06:44 pm »
Why are you doing a suitability test of you're not working.

Because my licence it up in mid August. If I don't get passed out I will lose my licence.

You won't lose your licence J....but you will be faced with a €500 restoration fee plus NCT costs...and this has to be done within a year.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2020, 01:07:18 pm »
JT you have up to a year to restore it.Whether you pay fees or not is a different matter.

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2020, 01:07:40 pm »
Indeed Octy......the less interaction i have with the NTA the better,useless shower of fuks,the only decisions they've made have made it difficult for licence holders,from not accepting the 4 month NCT extension,screens,face mask wearing to not facilitating more than a three month suspension to licences,if we all went back to work tomorrow Roy would be bolloxed altogether!!

I agree, The NTA does seem to be in a mess and therein lies the problem.

My situation (as in workwise) will be exactly the same after I'm passed out in Aug as it is today.

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2020, 01:08:31 pm »

Because my licence it up in mid August. If I don't get passed out I will lose my licence.

You won't lose your licence J....but you will be faced with a €500 restoration fee plus NCT costs...and this has to be done within a year.

So it will cost me 500 euro to restore it? Are you serious ?????

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2020, 01:09:22 pm »
JT you have up to a year to restore it.Whether you pay fees or not is a different matter.

so if I dont do the suitability until later in the year , it will cost me 500 euro?

Thats unreal

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2020, 01:12:00 pm »

So it will cost me 500 euro to restore it? Are you serious ?????

Yeah...that's a definite!!
So i understand why licence holders would opt to restore insurance for LRA purposes.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2020, 01:15:34 pm »
You won't. You can restore an expired licence any time within a year of expiration. Logically, the only reason to renew it is to work it so one can't blame Welfare for cutting your dole. However, when they do that it only takes a phone call to get it back provided your income is significantly impacted by COVID '19. If you have any problems contact Richard Boyd Barrett or your local SPBP representative. From NTA email:

If you cannot renew the licence by this date, you may book a renewal assessment after this date, when you are ready to return to operating your vehicle. Any SPSV vehicle licence holder who is unable to complete a licence renewal due to the COVID-19 pandemic, will not be subject to any ‘late renewal fee’.

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2020, 01:18:20 pm »
Just off the phone to the NTA and as of now there are no late restoration fees.They nice lady says they'll send out communication or update the website if that changes.

Ring them if yis want but that's all there is to it.

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2020, 01:23:02 pm »
Thanks for all your responses.

To be clear, Are you saying that after I get my NCT I dont have to book in for the suitability even though my licence is up early August?

That I should hold out until later in the year and I wont be charged the 500 licence fee, just the suitabilty???

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2020, 01:25:03 pm »
You're welcome.

Useless shower of morons don't know what they're doing. They tell one man one thing and another man something completely different... or one of them tells a man one thing and another of them tells the same man something completely different. You might be better off asking your local SPBP representative to deal with them on your behalf...

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2020, 01:27:35 pm »
JT my licence is in the same boat...until they announce it on their site you won't have to pay any additional fees.Keep an eye on it.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2020, 01:31:28 pm »
So it's one rule for licence renewals and one for licence suspensions?

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2020, 01:33:24 pm »
It seems to be a bit of a clusterfuck by the looks of things!

Thanks all, for the advice  ;)

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2020, 01:37:54 pm »
I understood it perfectly months ago but yous lads made me second guess my own situation.

I wonder how many drivers unnecessarily reactivated their plates over this confusion.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2020, 01:42:44 pm »
You're welcome, JIT.

What if your plate doesn't expire. Apparently you can choose between paying insurance that you don't need or losing your licence?

Show Unread Posts