Author Topic: Advice Please  (Read 26465 times)

Offline Justin Time

Re: Advice Please
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2020, 02:01:01 pm »
You're welcome, JIT.

What if your plate doesn't expire. Apparently you can choose between paying insurance that you don't need or losing your licence?

Well as of Aug 1st my insurance is back as "taxi" insurance as I dont know when I will get a date for suitability, I was just playing safe!

When I'm passed out,I'm officially back as a full time taxi, yet as i said previous, my work situation hasnt changed!!!!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2020, 02:03:03 pm »
You're welcome, JIT.

What if your plate doesn't expire. Apparently you can choose between paying insurance that you don't need or losing your licence?

Indeed...just off the blower myself to Oran....and  as per my phonecall from last week with Wendy who didn't explain that if my licence did expire that as of now it would only cost me €150 plus NCT costs to reactivate it but it's gonna cost me €203 per month insurance cost(Aug-Nov) to reactivate it now(appointment Fri for daisy refitting).

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2020, 02:07:48 pm »
€203/month is expensive for insurance but I think you said you're paying nearly half that for SDP cover. I guess it depends on when you intend to return to work... bearing in mind that our puppy dole is getting the chop in a couple of weeks...

Did you get a chit from Axa stating that your insurance has been reinstated?

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2020, 02:16:10 pm »
First drop in COVID money is September 17 from what I've read.€250 I'll be on till February 1.Then 203 till April fools day.Better get some hobbies for myself.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2020, 02:18:59 pm »
€203/month is expensive for insurance but I think you said you're paying nearly half that for SDP cover. I guess it depends on when you intend to return to work... bearing in mind that our puppy dole is getting the chop in a couple of weeks...

Did you get a chit from Axa stating that your insurance has been reinstated?
[/quote

I received the email as promised from Daniel in AXA which according to Wendy from the NTA will be accepted by the daisy refitter....the same Wendy who told me i'd be charged a €500 licence restoration + NCT fees if i didn't pay AXA €203 per month(Aug-Nov),i also requested the contents of the email in letter form which he said could take 5 working days to arrive.
I was paying a tad over €80 per month for SD&P

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2020, 02:29:22 pm »
So one month is costing you pretty much the same as letting the morons lapse your licence for no good reason. The man I was talking with in Axa just called me back and is going to email the undefined chit so I'll probably reluctantly go back to work when my puppy dole is reduced. He put a note on my file to the effect that I'm only restoring cover to satisfy NTA just in case the rules are altered going forward.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2020, 02:32:57 pm »
First drop in COVID money is September 17 from what I've read.€250 I'll be on till February 1.Then 203 till April fools day.Better get some hobbies for myself.

Pfff... I thought it was from Aug 10... maybe I was a bit rash in restoring my insurance.

Are you going to "unrestore" yours and let the plate lapse, Hal... or have you decided?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2020, 03:14:57 pm »

Pfff... I thought it was from Aug 10... maybe I was a bit rash in restoring my insurance.

Are you going to "unrestore" yours and let the plate lapse, Hal... or have you decided?

Haven't decided yet but if AXA are continuing to facilitate reduced insurance..albeit at a cost....it would still be cheaper to expire the licence and reactivate it at a later date.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2020, 04:26:30 pm »
Don't know why you bothered to expire the licence in the first place, i reduced my insurance, kept my stickers, then simply reinstated the insurance when I went back to work, fuck all that hassle for no good reason!
reinstate your licence, get your stickers back, the insurance company don't give a toss

Offline C5

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2020, 04:39:54 pm »
Why would ye go to all that hassle of going private insurance and returning your daisies, I just unlinked myself from the taxi, I can be on the road again faster when I want to. And the covid payment drops to 300 euros in mid September if you earned 300 plus before.

dalymount

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2020, 04:53:14 pm »
I was told the week before last that mine was restored and that was reflected within the online register. Then I got an email saying I had to have stickers that weren't taken off put back on and produce some sort of undefined document indicating that insurance has been reinstated. I rang the halfwitted morons - call answered in 3 mins 42 seconds thanks to Watty keeping the riff raff at bay - today and they said the email applies so I have to follow that procedure and someone will ring back "in the next few days" to go through the incorrect advice I was given after listening back to the relevant call.

I rang Axa and they're totally confused - in fact their taxi personnel are engaged in a meeting to ascertain what, if anything, they can do about the current mess - i.e. men looking for taxi insurance with no intention of operating taxi services - as I type.
well I know a few who NEVER sent back their dasies,at all and avoided all this shite

Offline Jonno

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2020, 08:11:10 pm »
Don't know what that's all about from the insurers. I never changed to private, never returned no daisies and was never told by anyone in officialdom to do any of the above in order to claim pup. It's not the business of an insurance company or broker to pontificate about your welfare entitlements.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2020, 08:16:49 pm »
Why are you doing a suitability test of you're not working.

Because my licence it up in mid August. If I don't get passed out I will lose my licence.
There's no reactivation fee.

Do yor NCT then you have a three month window in which to decide what to do.

Offline Jonno

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2020, 08:18:00 pm »
I was told the week before last that mine was restored and that was reflected within the online register. Then I got an email saying I had to have stickers that weren't taken off put back on and produce some sort of undefined document indicating that insurance has been reinstated. I rang the halfwitted morons - call answered in 3 mins 42 seconds thanks to Watty keeping the riff raff at bay - today and they said the email applies so I have to follow that procedure and someone will ring back "in the next few days" to go through the incorrect advice I was given after listening back to the relevant call.

I rang Axa and they're totally confused - in fact their taxi personnel are engaged in a meeting to ascertain what, if anything, they can do about the current mess - i.e. men looking for taxi insurance with no intention of operating taxi services - as I type.
well I know a few who NEVER sent back their dasies,at all and avoided all this shite
Was there some sort of dictate issued to drivers at the beginning of all this saying we had to return daisies or we were still considered as working, therefore not entitled to claim pup? Cos neither I, nor anyone I know got any communication from anyone in that regard.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Online watty

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2020, 08:24:41 pm »
It was one line on the last page of one of the newsletters.  Blink and you'll miss it.  It didn't say 'you must'... it was more of a 'you should'...

I'm in the same boat as you (I think).  I had one more DD payment on my insurance so I thought why bother?  And I have elderly parents so the taxi would have got me through the Garda checkpoints if it came to it.  The roofsign is in the boot since mid-March but my taxi was 'official' all that time.  I can print off receipts from my tamper-proof meter proving that I didn't take a fare since Mid-March.

Show Unread Posts