Author Topic: fuckin eejit  (Read 6079 times)

Offline Jonno

Re: fuckin eejit
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2020, 11:46:31 am »
I know not all shops in Norn Eireann  will accept the Euro as its not legal tender up there its foreign currency .So is a fare in Euro actually recoverable by law ? After Brexit will we be allowed WORK north of the line or will we need to register our business like other couriers who move boxes not people .You have to wonder why this is a story in the first place is somebody trying to imply ripoff Republic God Save the Queen comparisons.
We'll be OK to carry people across. There's still going to be free movement of people between us and them as per the deal struck, and the insurance crowd have cleared everyone for cover ages ago- without the need for one of them green card tings.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2020, 11:48:24 am »
if you charged a Nordie 10 euro from Dublin to Belfast, they would still complain, tight fcukers. I wouldn't have taken a cent off the price. also agree, money up front on any long journey with people you don't know, Nordie or not.

reminds me of a friend of mine who was driving this tourist all over the country one day, my friend said he wasnt going to charge her the booking fee, then she started complaining about the cost, 320 euro, so he added on the 2 euro booking fee lol

anyone know how much it would be in pounds for the reverse trip?

a man with a million pound clothing business giving out about having to pay 270 euro, hopefully his $hitty clothing business goes out of under.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 11:55:14 am by taxi1990 »

Offline Jonno

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2020, 11:56:54 am »
if you charged a Nordie 10 euro from Dublin to Belfast, they would still complain, tight fcukers. I wouldn't have taken a cent off the cost. also agree, money up front on any long journey with people you don't know, Nordie or not.
Anytime I've ever been asked "how much are you giving on sterling?" I always tell them its one for one. Take it or leave it. Fuk that. The extra will cover me for the annoyance of getting out of my car to go into a bureau de chawnge. Besides, if they want to hire a taxi down here, it's yoyos we deal in if push comes to shove

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2020, 12:07:35 pm »
"Now I'm very cautious when it comes to finances," he says.

he sure is. I usually find most business people are ok to deal with and tip well as they know what its like to be in business.

he is the sort of businesses man who charges well for his own products but begrudges other people trying to earn a living.

https://www.davidjameskerr.com/collections/gucci/products/gucci-embroidered-gg-logo-socks-in-white

80 pounds for a pair of socks. I can get 5 pairs for 15 euro in tesco.

https://www.davidjameskerr.com/collections/gucci/products/gucci-washed-logo-t-shirt-in-off-white

340 pound for a t shirt

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2020, 12:09:23 pm »
if you charged a Nordie 10 euro from Dublin to Belfast, they would still complain, tight fcukers. I wouldn't have taken a cent off the price. also agree, money up front on any long journey with people you don't know, Nordie or not.

reminds me of a friend of mine who was driving this tourist all over the country one day, my friend said he wasnt going to charge her the booking fee, then she started complaining about the cost, 320 euro, so he added on the 2 euro booking fee lol

a man with a million pound clothing business giving out about having to pay 270 euro, hopefully his $hitty clothing business goes under.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2020, 12:09:41 pm »

a man with a million pound clothing business giving out about having to pay 270 euro, hopefully his clothing business goes out of under.

Offline Jonno

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2020, 12:09:46 pm »

he sure is. I usually find most business people are ok to deal with and tip well as they know what its like to be in business.

he is the sort of businesses man who charges well for his own products but begrudges other people trying to earn a living.

https://www.davidjameskerr.com/collections/gucci/products/gucci-embroidered-gg-logo-socks-in-white

https://www.davidjameskerr.com/collections/gucci/products/gucci-washed-logo-t-shirt-in-off-white

340 pound for a t shirt
Bigger fools the mugs handing over the money! Imagine paying out that kind of money for seconds.

Offline Jonno

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2020, 12:11:37 pm »

a man with a million pound clothing business giving out about having to pay 270 euro, hopefully his clothing business goes out of under.
How much was the original trip?

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2020, 12:16:22 pm »

327 i think, she started bitching and he added the 2. fcuk them all. if rideshare started in the morning they would all leave us, charge them every last cent.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2020, 12:20:37 pm »

340 pound for a t shirt
Bigger fools the mugs handing over the money! Imagine paying out that kind of money for seconds.

even for firsts. i buy the odd designer shirt or jeans but id never pay such crazy money for a t shirt or boxers or socks. i got 3 pairs of boxers in dunnes this week 9 euro. you could pay 50 euro for 1 pair of calvin klein boxers in brown thomas. ejits paying that for under wear.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2020, 12:21:55 pm »
Same fucker sells substandard tat for top dollar
https://www.davidjameskerr.com/collections/jeans

Offline Jonno

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2020, 12:22:06 pm »

327 i think, she started bitching and he added the 2. fcuk them all. if rideshare started in the morning they would all leave us, charge them every last cent.
Exactly. If they start trying to haggle with me I always ask them if they haggle with dunnes for their weekly shopping. We're not a charity.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2020, 12:25:27 pm »

Exactly. If they start trying to haggle with me I always ask them if they haggle with dunnes for their weekly shopping. We're not a charity.

just threaten to call the guards if they start that. i have only ever had to follow through on that threat once, a cream cracker as dalymount would say.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2020, 06:02:16 pm »
Same fucker sells substandard tat for top dollar
https://www.davidjameskerr.com/collections/jeans

450 for a pair of jeans.....does that include a few hookers to remove them and ride ye senseless...or do they ride ye senseless first!!

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2020, 02:23:22 pm »
This type of "taxi headlines" usually appear around Christmas time, so thats surprising.

The article is sensationalism at its finest. Its a non story, just look how they showed the fare estimator and the fare was perfectly legit.

The majority of people who get into a taxi and are going on a long journey will  (1)Usually ask how much the fare will be or ask for an approx., fare  (2) Will haggle (3) They always moan.

Show Unread Posts