Author Topic: NTA want letter from insurance company to say my insurance is now restored  (Read 8227 times)

Offline taxi1990

I booked my suitability for next week. when the NTA found out I had suspended my insurance they said I have to turn up with a letter from my insurance company saying my insurance was suspended but now it is restored. I took out a new policy with the same insurance company last week. they sent me the new insurance documents this week. the NTA say these document arent enough and wont test my taxi next week if I turn up without the letter. My insurance company said they have never heard of this before and dont think the NTA can refuse to test my taxi if I dont have the letter.

whats the story? sounds like Revenue might have something to do with this.

dalymount

Id be asking how they found out you suspended your insurance firstly.I presume you did not send back your discs ?

Offline taxi1990

Id be asking how they found out you suspended your insurance firstly.I presume you did not send back your discs ?

I sent the discs back a couple of months ago to Galway. my insurance company are telling me now they don't send out such letters and its none of the NTA business if I suspended my insurance or not.

dalymount

And they are correct.I know loads of drivers who didn't bother their boklox sending back discs,and have done the suitability test since and encountered no such problems

Offline taxi1990

And they are correct.I know loads of drivers who didn't bother their boklox sending back discs,and have done the suitability test since and encountered no such problems

2 different people from NTA told me I needed the letter. its crazy how awkward the NTA can be, its like they try to make everything as hard as they can.

Offline Justin Time

I booked my suitability for next week. when the NTA found out I had suspended my insurance they said I have to turn up with a letter from my insurance company saying my insurance was suspended but now it is restored. I took out a new policy with the same insurance company last week. they sent me the new insurance documents this week. the NTA say these document arent enough and wont test my taxi next week if I turn up without the letter. My insurance company said they have never heard of this before and dont think the NTA can refuse to test my taxi if I dont have the letter.

Yes you will need a letter from your Insurance Co to say that your car is now on taxi insurance.

I was onto Axa last week about this  and they sent me out an email to say "from Aug 1st my car is on taxi insurance". There wasnt any problem getting it
Get onto your insurance and ask them to mail you.

Offline Shallowhal

I got my daisies refitted today,i restored my insurance last week and Daniel from AXA sent me the email confirming my SPSV insurance had been restored,i printed off the email and brought it and my insurance cert along today,when booking last week Wendy told me that the email would suffice,i also requested a letter from AXA but it hadn't arrived up to this morning,
I did ask them about screens and they said there was no issue with them as long as they're of decent quality and from a reputable dealer/source,they did say that they saw one screen in particular that was homemade and it was only behind the driver and dangerous.....i removed my screen before leaving for the appointment so there would be no issue.

dalymount

I just dont get why drivers bring these unnecessary problems on themselves sending back daisies ,then you have to jump through fukin hoops because of the NTSs inability to deal with efficiently,installing non mandatory screens,and shiting yourselves in case you wont pass

Offline watty

My annual insurance cert says I'm insured as a taxi driver from, say, 1 Aug 2020 to 31 July 2021.  What extra or different information would be on a letter from the insurance company?  I don't understand why your 'normal' insurance cert won't suffice?

john m

My annual insurance cert says I'm insured as a taxi driver from, say, 1 Aug 2020 to 31 July 2021.  What extra or different information would be on a letter from the insurance company?  I don't understand why your 'normal' insurance cert won't suffice?

A few drivers get insurance pay the first installment then dont pay but have the cert and window furniture .You must have valid taxi insurance to pass the test so they are asking if you canceled your insurance to confirm that it is legally reinstated.

Offline taxi1990

Yes you will need a letter from your Insurance Co to say that your car is now on taxi insurance.

I was onto Axa last week about this  and they sent me out an email to say "from Aug 1st my car is on taxi insurance". There wasnt any problem getting it
Get onto your insurance and ask them to mail you.

I have been talking to Liberty about 3 or 4 times this week about the letter, "its not something we do" they don't seem to want to send me the letter/email.

Offline taxi1990

my thoughts exactly, I have told the NTA this but they insist I get the letter from liberty, Liberty don't seem to want to give me the letter. id say legally the NTA would have to accept the insurance documents I was sent this week.

Offline Justin Time

Think there might be some confusion about the thread. When I (and some other drivers) suspended our taxi licence due to the pandemic,we went onto “domestic” insurance.
So when you are going for your suitability test you must put your car back on the taxi insurance to be passed out. You will need a confirmation latter/e mail from your insurance company to show the suitability people,when your car is being passed out.

Offline taxi1990

A few drivers get insurance pay the first installment then dont pay but have the cert and window furniture .You must have valid taxi insurance to pass the test so they are asking if you canceled your insurance to confirm that it is legally reinstated.

if the NTA have any issue, I think it should be up to them to phone my insurance company and ask if im insured as a taxi or not.

Offline taxi1990

Think there might be some confusion about the thread. When I (and some other drivers) suspended our taxi licence due to the pandemic,we went onto “domestic” insurance.
So when you are going for your suitability test you must put your car back on the taxi insurance to be passed out. You will need a confirmation latter/e mail from your insurance company to show the suitability people,when your car is being passed out.

I suspended my taxi insurance early april, my renewal was last week, so it was suspended until then. I was driving another car during the pandemic, i wasn't using my taxi at all.

Show Unread Posts