Author Topic: NTA want letter from insurance company to say my insurance is now restored  (Read 8337 times)

Offline Shallowhal

If your insurance renewal was only last week then i suppose that your insurance cert will suffice but remember it's the NTA you're dealing with although the two gents in Ballymount were sound.....a lot of licence holders like myself still have the insurance certs which were issued prior to suspension so i can understand their request but if they know(which they probably don't) that you removed SPSV cover they should(which they probably don't) that you reinstated SPSV cover.

Offline Theoneandonly

Zero trust

Offline Shallowhal

Indeed.....i feel tarred with the criminal brush!!

Offline the driver

If your insurance renewal was only last week then i suppose that your insurance cert will suffice but remember it's the NTA you're dealing with although the two gents in Ballymount were sound.....a lot of licence holders like myself still have the insurance certs which were issued prior to suspension so i can understand their request but if they know(which they probably don't) that you removed SPSV cover they should(which they probably don't) that you reinstated SPSV cover.

I think that insurance companies are required to inform the NTA if SPSV cover has been removed from a car.I think the rule was brought in after  the prime time show.

dalymount

Absolutely not required to do so

john m

If they say you must validate your insurance then you must validate your insurance they make the rules .I would think they have discovered a problem a lot of drivers lapsed their licences and altered their insurance cover then rushed to reinstate the licence before the three months was up as they did not want to have to pay for new tests .Now is where the issue arises YOU not them altered your insurance cover and in your rush to save on test costs you may of decided to take the redaisying without reinstating the legally required taxi insurance .Your insurance cert was never recalled by the insurers so it could easily be invalid so the NTA require you to get conformation that the piece of paper is actually valid and not just a collection of inkdots on a A4 sheet .Seems reasonable enough as YOU actually altered the conditions not them .
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 08:40:03 am by john m »

dalymount

All these problems were caused by drivers trying to do the right thing,and comply with the law by sending back the daisies.you cam understand why someone would not bother their hole to save all the hazzle

Offline taxi1990

If they say you must validate your insurance then you must validate your insurance they make the rules .I would think they have discovered a problem a lot of drivers lapsed their licences and altered their insurance cover then rushed to reinstate the licence before the three months was up as they did not want to have to pay for new tests .Now is where the issue arises YOU not them altered your insurance cover and in your rush to save on test costs you may of decided to take the redaisying without reinstating the legally required taxi insurance .Your insurance cert was never recalled by the insurers so it could easily be invalid so the NTA require you to get conformation that the piece of paper is actually valid and not just a collection of inkdots on a A4 sheet .Seems reasonable enough as YOU actually altered the conditions not them .

seems like its really Liberty who are causing me problems now, all I need is a line or 2 in an email from them to clear the matter up but they are dragging their heels.

Offline Theoneandonly

They have a facility to check if you have insurance cover and tax clearance when you apply for renewal, obviously the  temporary facility ha produced a glitch in the process and they now require proof from those of you stupid enough to tell them you availed of the reduced premiums

Offline Shallowhal

@Roy,
So you reduced cover and didn't inform the NTA...and no one told them any different?

Offline Theoneandonly

@Roy,
So you reduced cover and didn't inform the NTA...and no one told them any different?

Yes, I delinked from the APP and removed my Roof sign but did not inform NTA that I reduced the cover, I wasn't operating as a Taxi so didn't need it, removing tamper proof discs and terminating my license seemed to me like ridiculous red tape that would lead to trouble

Offline Shallowhal

I'm not 100% sure they do have access to the insurance side of things,at LRA the disc in the window should be enough for them but they require the cert also to photocopy,they don't require us to have a paper tax clearance cert anymore cos they do have access to that.

Offline taxi1990

I have a feeling its just the NTA arseholes on the phone just being awkward, id say nothing will be said when i turn up for the test.

Offline Justin Time

@Roy,

Yes, I delinked from the APP and removed my Roof sign but did not inform NTA that I reduced the cover, I wasn't operating as a Taxi so didn't need it, removing tamper proof discs and terminating my license seemed to me like ridiculous red tape that would lead to trouble

My insurance Co told me to inform the NAT when I reduced my insurance to domestic. I do agree though removing the daisies was unnecessary and at the time I said this to the "lovely lady" in the NTA. She told me to put my views on an email to the NTA.
I think its fair to say that the NTA doesnt know what to be doing with itself at the best of times.
Its king of the Quangos

Offline Punter

I reckon the staff working from home only have limited access to NTA  database on their domestic  IT --just enough for them to answer the call and book APPLUS !
When I got renewed last month ,I was told to bring current cover note !

Show Unread Posts