Author Topic: NTA want letter from insurance company to say my insurance is now restored  (Read 8228 times)

Offline taxi1990

Anyone care to guess why Liberty would have such a big problem writing an email or letter to say I suspended my insurance but now it is restored?

Offline mercenary for hire

From Liberty's point of view there's nothing stopping you cancelling the policy after you get the letter or email.So what's the point them doing extra work.

They're probably very busy at the moment and don't need the extra hassle with all their staff still at home.It's not required on the suitability test so I'd be certain the NTA will have to back down here.If you have a valid disc and a certificate of insurance that's all they should need.

Offline taxi1990

From Liberty's point of view there's nothing stopping you cancelling the policy after you get the letter or email.So what's the point them doing extra work.

They're probably very busy at the moment and don't need the extra hassle with all their staff still at home.It's not required on the suitability test so I'd be certain the NTA will have to back down here.If you have a valid disc and a certificate of insurance that's all they should need.

Liberty may be busy but its a 1 or 2 line email we are talking about, where is the customer service? I have wasted more of their time by the 4 or 5 phone calls about the letter/email than it would take them to write the letter/email. if they dont give it to me and I wasnt allowed do the test, Liberty would be liable for my costs I reckon.

Offline Theoneandonly

They know you have reduced the cover because you told them, they know you have the same insurance document showing you're covered because the insurance company didn't request it's return, the only way they know you have restored the cover is for the insurance company to inform them, the insurance companies seem to be withholding this information or the NTA are too lazy to ask them, therefore they require you to prove it.
Many here said the lapsing the licence, returning the discs and then undoing same would be simple, that unfortunately doesn't seem to be the case.

Offline Shallowhal

There's a process in place as the NTA put it....they didn't say what that was but given that i played by their rules i ended up having to drive from Drogheda to Ballymount(130km round trip) to get the daisies refitted,something i didn't want to do.

Offline Lizzzy

Anyone care to guess why Liberty would have such a big problem writing an email or letter to say I suspended my insurance but now it is restored?

Because you're a culchie ?

Offline Lizzzy

There's a process in place as the NTA put it....they didn't say what that was but given that i played by their rules i ended up having to drive from Drogheda to Ballymount(130km round trip) to get the daisies refitted,something i didn't want to do.

What you don't like driving, funny that.

Offline taxi1990

Because you're a culchie ?

lol I should have went with FBD.

Offline Shallowhal

What you don't like driving, funny that.

Nuttin to do with the driving,just the fact that they could have extended the suspension period longer given that i've a new worktop to fit in the kitchen no intention of returning to the streets just yet but they've made me restore my insurance(at a cost) that i don't need at the mo.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
2 different people from NTA told me I needed the letter. its crazy how awkward the NTA can be, its like they try to make everything as hard as they can.

Fucking lunacy. This shower of fucking halfwits haven't a fucking clue what they're doing. A certificate of insurance is recognised in law, something scribbled on the back of a cigar box isn't.

Offline Shallowhal

Even though the two lads were sound in Ballymount one of the did scrutinise the printout of the email i produced,neither of them asked to see the original insurance cert.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Fucking brain dead morons.

Offline taxi1990

passed my test this week, the tester didn't mention anything about a letter from Liberty. he just asked for my insurance cert. Jesus the NTA are the most awkward people I have ever come across.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Fucking brain dead morons.

Offline Shallowhal

But they did a great job RC...during the great pandemic of 2020?

Show Unread Posts