Poll

Will all pubs reopen on the 10th

yes
3 (14.3%)
no
18 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: August 05, 2020, 08:10:24 am

Author Topic: Porter shops reopening on the 10th  (Read 12437 times)

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
Re: Porter shops reopening on the 10th
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2020, 01:14:06 am »
Have a heart.............."looped"
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

john m

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2020, 07:57:13 am »
Remember I told you months ago Pubs wont open till February now even the Taoiseach is getting the picture ....There is no guarantee pubs will be allowed to reopen this year, Taoiseach Micheál Martin has said.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2020, 08:05:38 am »
Remember I told you months ago Pubs wont open till February now even the Taoiseach is getting the picture ....There is no guarantee pubs will be allowed to reopen this year, Taoiseach Micheál Martin has said.

They're definitely being scapegoated, it's the fear of not being able to open the schools if there's a spike (political not epidemiological) if so it'll be easier for them to open the pubs once the schools are up and running?

Do the Pubs have a legal case to bring against government, being forced to close through no fault of their own?

Offline Jonno

« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2020, 08:10:48 am »
With masks becoming mandatory in retail settings from Monday, combining that with the rules on wearing them on public transport makes it clear that a mask will have to be worn if you are out pretty much anywhere except for a walk in the park or having a meal somewhere.
*Oh yeah and taxis*. Now unless I didn't get the memo, there are still no clear guidelines regarding us. I know it was touched on last week I think it was, but I ain't heard anything more since. Anyone have any updates?

No mask bud? No worries, hop in. Taxi drivers are the only ones that are immune to the little fella.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

john m

« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2020, 08:25:46 am »

They're definitely being scapegoated, it's the fear of not being able to open the schools if there's a spike (political not epidemiological) if so it'll be easier for them to open the pubs once the schools are up and running?

Do the Pubs have a legal case to bring against government, being forced to close through no fault of their own?

There is a bit of a Game being played out here .The Big Chains of Super pubs like Louie or Chalk can open they serve food they are in the Govs ear looking for wet pubs to stay shut .They want to force them out of business bit like I said we need about 30%of taxis off the road to make our business viable .Young people dont really gargle like their Daddys did so there is huge overcapasity in the Porter Shop industry .There is also another reason to shut down pubs .Remember before the last financial crash they reduced the opening hours for pubs as to much money was being spent in pubs we need the cash spread more widely in the community plus there are health and law and order issues that apply to reducing pubs .I dont know of any other country on earth that would make such a song and dance about the sale of alcohol from Healy Wray complaining that ya cant even reverse a tractor into the Pub carpark for a feed of Porter without having your collar felt to Alone or Some other Suicide prevention group telling us if Dinny and Frank cant get to the Pub for Whiskey down the country they will die of lonlieness and Fiacra and Nula telling us the Culture will die out if Brona and Calum cant sit at the bar and sing An Pucca Buille and recite Kavanagh ..

john m

« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2020, 08:29:16 am »
With masks becoming mandatory in retail settings from Monday, combining that with the rules on wearing them on public transport makes it clear that a mask will have to be worn if you are out pretty much anywhere except for a walk in the park or having a meal somewhere.
*Oh yeah and taxis*. Now unless I didn't get the memo, there are still no clear guidelines regarding us. I know it was touched on last week I think it was, but I ain't heard anything more since. Anyone have any updates?

No mask bud? No worries, hop in. Taxi drivers are the only ones that are immune to the little fella.

Jonno your a Grown up its your Business if you want the passengers to wear a mask then you just dont take them if they dont simple as .Why complicate the situation .

Offline Jonno

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2020, 08:39:19 am »

Jonno your a Grown up its your Business if you want the passengers to wear a mask then you just dont take them if they dont simple as .Why complicate the situation .
Ok John. Thanks for your input. Input being stating the obvious. I asked a simple question hoping for a straightforward reply. If you don't know the answer, why bother wasting energy typing out silly stuff that is already known? And no need for the capital g .

john m

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2020, 08:48:10 am »
You were already told the FUCKING answer wash your hands and observe social distancing but you decide that you will ignore the social distancing rule so the powers that be say no use talking to these lads they will do what they like .Why do you think they dont advise on screens or masks .......Because they already told you .Stay home stay safe we dont want you spreading the fever .BTW do you take the phone numbers of all your passengers for traceability or do you not really give a fuck as long as you are making a few Sheckles .Grow fucking up .

Offline Jonno

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2020, 09:08:49 am »
You were already told the FUCKING answer wash your hands and observe social distancing but you decide that you will ignore the social distancing rule so the powers that be say no use talking to these lads they will do what they like .Why do you think they dont advise on screens or masks .......Because they already told you .Stay home stay safe we dont want you spreading the fever .BTW do you take the phone numbers of all your passengers for traceability or do you not really give a fuck as long as you are making a few Sheckles .Grow fucking up .
Grow up? Look a bit closer to home on that score. Anyone that can't communicate without that kind of language has issues. You seem to have anger management problems and therefore probably should not be contributing to adult discussions. Stay at home? I have a job to do. You're clearly at home sitting on your pimply arse taking the pup, and pontificating to others about the do's and don'ts of of a global pandemic.
Now please don't respond, this is going nowhere. Your grammar is atrocious by the way.

john m

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2020, 09:18:05 am »
Job to do  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl  To Fucking dumb to do anything else .Your obviously to thick to understand simple instructions WASH YOUR HANDS observe SOCIAL DISTANCING .

Offline watty

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2020, 09:28:41 am »
Jonno has a point - we've been largely ignored by the NTA and all they do is parrot HSE info guides that mean very little to us.

29 June: https://www.nationaltransport.ie/taxi-and-bus-licensing/face-coverings-to-become-compulsory/
- Face coverings will shortly be compulsory on all SPSV services.
- We will keep you updated.

13 July: https://www.transportforireland.ie/covid-19-updates-face-coverings/
Then the law was changed so that masks were compulsory on public transport vehicles but no mention of PSV's.  Bus drivers got an out because they had screens.  Taxis?  nada.

31 July: https://www.nationaltransport.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/SPSV_Industry_Update_Issue_49.pdf
- Everyone in a taxi, hackney or limousine should wear a face covering where the Public Health advice on social distancing cannot be maintained.
What's changed in a month?  A month after masks 'will be compulsory', now they 'should' be worn.  And that old chestnut about social distancing...  Is there any saloon taxi that can do the 2 metres?

The NTA are making it up as the go along and giving almost no thought about us.  They have failed us.  Whatever about us as individuals, the 10,000 taxis in Dublin could be super-spreaders.  It seems to me that most of the infections now are factories and house-parties.  And taxis are likely to be used to get to/from house parties.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2020, 10:05:05 am »
Until drivers start refusing passengers regularly without masks they won't bother carrying them.

The NTA are only there to issue guidelines.Anything after that is between you and your potential customers.If you believe your health is threatened by COVID 19 either take the payment or start refusing passengers without masks.

john m

« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2020, 11:35:33 am »
Drivers trying to polish a shit .The NTA have told you Screens are no good but Free Now decided to get you to pay for them so they could advertise their screened fleet .You have been told that a well ventilated space where you spend less than 15 minutes in another persons company you are safe .Can I ask a Question Considering how many taxi drivers are working can anybody point to just ONE driver who has contracted the virus from working without a screen or mask .

JUST ONE ........The NTH have issued crystal clear guidelines WASH YOUR HANDS OBSERVE SOCIAL DISTANCING .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2020, 11:53:33 am »
To be fair John......the majority of drivers took the Covid coin...as you refer to it....so most likely not that many cases....we've saved lives!!

john m

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2020, 12:04:28 pm »
To be fair John......the majority of drivers took the Covid coin...as you refer to it....so most likely not that many cases....we've saved lives!!

Correct Hal we are very responsible not spreading the virus .More untraceable passengers in a taxi that known drunks in a country pub .There are more changes of mind and mood swings by this government than a Teenage girl on Pernod and Blacks .

Show Unread Posts