Poll

Will all pubs reopen on the 10th

yes
3 (14.3%)
no
18 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: August 05, 2020, 08:10:24 am

Author Topic: Porter shops reopening on the 10th  (Read 12257 times)

Offline Panel

• Wanked out French panel van driving scum.
Re: Porter shops reopening on the 10th
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2020, 11:23:22 pm »
Not sure Panel.I've no qualifications except knowing my way around.So it's taxi driving or driving a van or motorcycle as a courier again.Kinda the same job with less flexibility, possibly less money.I've access to an interest free loan on the next car so it's not as bitter a pill to swallow.

For me to go back to school for a qualification it would involve lots of time and no guarantee that I'd be happy assuming I got something afterwards.

I've got plans to catch up on some proper travelling so will need a reasonable income after the mortgage is paid off.I'm somehow semi-retired already because I'm a bit frugal...not mean..So for now I'll keep my toe in at least until the car hits 15 in March 21.

Means-tested welfare wouldn't get me to all the places I wanna see.

Suppose with no bin lids ya can wait in the long grass longer than most.

Offline Jonno

« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2020, 11:33:25 pm »
Not sure Panel.I've no qualifications except knowing my way around.So it's taxi driving or driving a van or motorcycle as a courier again.Kinda the same job with less flexibility, possibly less money.I've access to an interest free loan on the next car so it's not as bitter a pill to swallow.

For me to go back to school for a qualification it would involve lots of time and no guarantee that I'd be happy assuming I got something afterwards.

I've got plans to catch up on some proper travelling so will need a reasonable income after the mortgage is paid off.I'm somehow semi-retired already because I'm a bit frugal...not mean..So for now I'll keep my toe in at least until the car hits 15 in March 21.

Goddam bin lids! Overrated.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2020, 11:38:24 pm »

It's also called Child-Free!

There's thousands of parents considering infanticide at the moment unlesss the schools open up!!

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2020, 01:41:04 am »
The HSE will show you how
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2020, 11:57:28 am »
Bars are supposed to close at 23:00 now... what was closing time before Mehaul stuck his oar in?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2020, 12:01:10 pm »
Bars are supposed to close at 23:00 now... what was closing time before Mehaul stuck his oar in?

On Sunday it was....11.30pm Mon-Thurs.....12.30am Fri and Sat.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2020, 12:06:53 pm »
Not a whole lot of difference I guess.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2020, 12:12:48 pm »
But not forgetting the pubs in town that opened till 3am....that won't be opening for the foreseeable....forcing me and plenty of my colleagues to stay on the puppy for the foreseeable.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2020, 12:14:58 pm »
Use your puppy dole to support your local publican... provided he doesn't expect you to buy food you don't want.... or expect you to sup up at 23:00.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2020, 12:16:39 pm »
Yer grand thanks!!

Offline Jonno

« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2020, 12:23:38 pm »
But not forgetting the pubs in town that opened till 3am....that won't be opening for the foreseeable....forcing me and plenty of my colleagues to stay on the puppy for the foreseeable.
Colleagues I love it!

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2020, 12:26:24 pm »
I should have put.../competitors also....to satisfy RC!!

Offline Punter

« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2020, 12:39:28 pm »
The Medics have control of reopening--no chance of reopening in three weeks as Schools will be just back and they will want to see effect on figures--6 or maybe 9 weeks best --case numbers will have to low teens /single figures before Pubs get nod !
I was in Pub yesterday, not many about --most Pubs knocked off Sky --Eu 1800 a month so no PGA/Football etc as 105 min screws it !

john m

« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2020, 12:58:17 pm »
Porter Houses dont have the political clout they use to have TDs dont hold their clinics anymore in the Saloon Lounge on Thursday .You saw the Medics imposing early closing and a limit of 50 in restaurants that includes pubs dressing up as restaurants, most big city pubs couldnt cover their costs with less than 50 customers so they will want all or nothing ,dont be surprised if the Gastro pubs are closed down again .Ordinary decent Gargle Sellers cant allow the sit and eat pubs rob their garglers .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2020, 01:00:15 pm »
If they wanna take the risk I could find them a dodgy box for a couple of ton, Punter. Very reliable, well over the last Sky sponsored attack but no guarantees.

Show Unread Posts