Poll

Will all pubs reopen on the 10th

yes
3 (14.3%)
no
18 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: August 05, 2020, 08:10:24 am

Author Topic: Porter shops reopening on the 10th  (Read 12264 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: Porter shops reopening on the 10th
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2020, 12:07:06 pm »
I think the government have been clear all along.I don't see any reason to be complaining John.

john m

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2020, 12:14:19 pm »
I think the government have been clear all along.I don't see any reason to be complaining John.

You wont hear me complaining I was asked by the Government to stay safe and heep others safe to protect the HSE .It has impacted financially on me but until the Government contact me and say get back to work John your country needs taxis I will do my duty and stay safe WASH MT HANDS observe SOCIAL DISTANCING and from Monday wear a mask in the shops unless its a Porter Shop then I dont have to because im protected by me 9 quid Dinner .I remember when I was 6 and 3/4 s me Granny Big Dommos Aunty pinned a Miraculous medal on me vest to keep me safe now if you have a load of dinner on your jumper you are safe .

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2020, 12:16:39 pm »
It's all about limiting the damage John.If you close everything we will get protests.There will be variables but as long as most people do what they're told the death rates will be subdued until the vaccine gets here.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2020, 12:21:31 pm »
The vaccine might never get here.

Offline Jonno

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2020, 12:21:38 pm »

You wont hear me complaining I was asked by the Government to stay safe and heep others safe to protect the HSE .It has impacted financially on me but until the Government contact me and say get back to work John your country needs taxis I will do my duty and stay safe WASH MT HANDS observe SOCIAL DISTANCING and from Monday wear a mask in the shops unless its a Porter Shop then I dont have to because im protected by me 9 quid Dinner .I remember when I was 6 and 3/4 s me Granny Big Dommos Aunty pinned a Miraculous medal on me vest to keep me safe now if you have a load of dinner on your jumper you are safe .
Why are you waiting till Monday to wear a mask? Is the bug staying indoors till then?

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2020, 12:25:18 pm »
The vaccine might never get here.

Hal a number of countries including Russia, China, US and Uk have claimed to have vaccines that are in late stage trials.

Most have reported success in triggering immune responses.I'd be optimistic TBH.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2020, 12:27:00 pm »
I've been wearing a mask everytime i go to a shop.....quite amazing how many arn't though,if it's mandatory from Monday will there be security in place at shop entrances to stop those who are not wearing masks enter?

john m

« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2020, 12:27:06 pm »

Why are you waiting till Monday to wear a mask? Is the bug staying indoors till then?

Its mandatory to wear a mask from Monday and I will observe the rule unless Im swallowing Pints and eating 9 euro worth of Swill in a Porter Shop then I dont need to .

john m

« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2020, 12:33:26 pm »
I've been wearing a mask everytime i go to a shop.....quite amazing how many arn't though,if it's mandatory from Monday will there be security in place at shop entrances to stop those who are not wearing masks enter?

That could be interesting Hal RGDATA say they wont enforce it as its a legal requirement therefore it should be enforced by the Gards .I read yesterday that a Slaughter House in down the country had an outbreak and they sent the staff home as it was dangerous and brought different staff in to the dangerous place to deep clean it .Now if the Minister for Couhffsss and Sneeeezzeezes and Snifffffelles was to say if there is an incident in your shop of Sneezing then as part of the deepcleaning all your stock has to be burned Im sure the Shop keepers would enforce the rule .

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2020, 02:39:45 pm »
Being afraid of getting sick is not one of the criteria for getting the PUP.
If you have a viable job to go to, you must return to it, that's the rule.
If you all returned, the job probably wouldn't be viable, but theres room for a few more.
Caiming your doing the right thing by not returning to work because you're not spreading the virus is bullshit, if that's your only reason and you believe there's work out there, then your robbing welfare.
Take basic precautions, screen/Mask/Sanitise/ventilate and the Taxi is as safe as anywhere else

« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2020, 02:56:06 pm »
For a driver to give up 350 a week they'd need to get 450(350Covid money+100 for insurance and fuel)worth of fares before they start making any extra.OR €517.50 if they're paying Freenow@15%.

Just to be in the same position.Why would they bother unless they had some sort of shame attached to claiming benefits?I'm saving me energy for when I actually need to work for buttons later in the year or maybe next.
Smart thing to do is wait it out for many.

After six months off I'm getting slightly interested in getting back to work.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 02:59:48 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline Jonno

« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2020, 02:59:37 pm »
For a driver to give up 350 a week they'd need to get 450(350Covid money+100 for insurance and fuel)worth of fares before they start making any extra.OR €517.50 if they're paying Freenow@15%.

Just to be in the same position.Why would they bother unless they had some sort of shame attached to claiming benefits?I'm saving me energy for when I actually need to work for buttons later in the year or maybe next.
Happy days if you can manage on 350.

« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2020, 03:03:15 pm »
Jonno I've been overpaying the mortgage out of my 350.If it's necessary I can survive on the reduced rates until after xmas.

No kids so different problems.If there was an equivalent to the COVID payment during the last recession most of us would have preferred to have been on it rather than begging outside of Spar shops.

Offline Panel

• Wanked out French panel van driving scum.
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2020, 03:44:21 pm »

After six months off I'm getting slightly interested in getting back to work.

Seeings how you’ve acclimated to not working the taxi and seem to be getting by ok, realistically what would make you give up the taxi altogether, or what would make ya go back into it and reinvest?

« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2020, 03:57:54 pm »
Not sure Panel.I've no qualifications except knowing my way around.So it's taxi driving or driving a van or motorcycle as a courier again.Kinda the same job with less flexibility, possibly less money.I've access to an interest free loan on the next car so it's not as bitter a pill to swallow.

For me to go back to school for a qualification it would involve lots of time and no guarantee that I'd be happy assuming I got something afterwards.

I've got plans to catch up on some proper travelling so will need a reasonable income after the mortgage is paid off.I'm somehow semi-retired already because I'm a bit frugal...not mean..So for now I'll keep my toe in at least until the car hits 15 in March 21.

Means-tested welfare wouldn't get me to all the places I wanna see.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 04:14:30 pm by mercenary for hire »

Show Unread Posts