Author Topic: Border or no Border  (Read 3393 times)

Offline watty

Re: Border or no Border
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2020, 05:35:15 pm »
I see the UK have secured their first free trade agreement since brexit with Japan
As I understand it, they basically got the same deal that the EU has, apart from one thing.  The UK minister (Andrea Leadsom?) wanted to get a bigger deal than the EU so she insisted that tariffs on British cheese were reduced.  Initially the Japanese were like WTF, we don't eat Cheddar Cheese and the deal nearly floundered.  But the Brits insisted and got their deal.  So it is bigger (on paper) but only because of Cheddar Cheese that the Japanese don't eat.

You couldn't make up this shit!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2020, 06:43:38 pm »
Are the Japs lactose intolerant?

Offline Jonno

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2020, 11:43:27 pm »
I dunno if we've ever had an original idea in this country. I was watching the English news and they have all them segregated bicycle lanes in London too.That must have been where they saw them first.
We don't do original in this country. It galls me when I hear politicians in interviews or news conferences trying to justify decisions they've made based on "data from the UK". They're at it all the time. Can they not get that monkey off their backs once and for all?

Sent from my T770H using Tapatalk

john m

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2020, 10:16:11 am »
I dunno if we've ever had an original idea in this country. I was watching the English news and they have all them segregated bicycle lanes in London too.That must have been where they saw them first.
We don't do original in this country. It galls me when I hear politicians in interviews or news conferences trying to justify decisions they've made based on "data from the UK". They're at it all the time. Can they not get that monkey off their backs once and for all?

Smoking Ban we were the first we were also the first to build outdoor smoking areas .Plastic bag levy we were the first now you can go into mackdonalds and get a burger wrapped in paper insise a cardboard box inside a paper bag .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2020, 10:57:15 am »
Denmark was first with the plastic bag tax according to google....1994.

California has very strict emission laws going back decades that wouldn't even allow a 2020 Skoda Superb diesel be sold.Lads on here taking about hybrids when the yanks and Norwegians have already moved towards fully electric.

We tend to look at other countries and copy them.Nothing wrong with it really if it works.

Where do you think the NTA got the idea to toughen up the geography test for the taxi exam?

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2020, 02:16:46 pm »
Denmark was first with the plastic bag tax according to google....1994.

California has very strict emission laws going back decades that wouldn't even allow a 2020 Skoda Superb diesel be sold.Lads on here taking about hybrids when the yanks and Norwegians have already moved towards fully electric.

We tend to look at other countries and copy them.Nothing wrong with it really if it works.

Where do you think the NTA got the idea to toughen up the geography test for the taxi exam?
They have another word(s) for copying, "best practice"....globally.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

dalymount

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2020, 02:48:21 pm »

Smoking Ban we were the first we were also the first to build outdoor smoking areas .Plastic bag levy we were the first now you can go into mackdonalds and get a burger wrapped in paper insise a cardboard box inside a paper bag .
ah God be with the days ya got your fish and chips wrapped in last nights evening press

Offline Jonno

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2020, 07:46:52 am »

ah God be with the days ya got your fish and chips wrapped in last nights evening press
All the ink that seeped into the chips probably caused more cases of cancer than we'll ever know.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Show Unread Posts