Author Topic: Income subsidy  (Read 4440 times)

john m

Income subsidy
« on: September 17, 2020, 01:02:08 pm »
Hearing it might include us .

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: Income subsidy
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 02:13:28 pm »
Hearing it might include us .
If I get that ...I'm back out working and saving me life ....I'm going mad ted  oops
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

john m

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 02:17:37 pm »
Im hearing but cannot confirm it yet .That income subsidies for self employed to return part time to their trade is being considered .You will be able to declare when you work and lose a bit of coin .It sounds complicated so they are also looking at you declare you are working restricted hours and they give you a % of your covid payment on top of what you earn ..Its only a discussion document at the moment .

Quote{However Fine Gael TD Jennifer Carroll MacNeill said  that the changes to the PUP reflect what people were earning prior to Covid-19 and this was being done in solidarity with workers.

She said that more nuanced payments are needed to keep the subsidy going for longer.

Ms Carroll MacNeill said that people getting the payments can do irregular work and maintain their PUP.

She said that the scheme has been extended until next April and the rates are expected to change again in February.

The Fine Gael TD said the payments cannot go on forever and while reducing them and graduating payments, the Government is also introducing stimulus measures for sectors including taxi drivers and the entertainment industry.}

john m

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 02:21:03 pm »
Ms Carroll MacNeill said that people getting the payments can do irregular work and maintain their PUP.

dalymount

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 02:42:57 pm »
I took the Erms advice in relation to the 1000 grant,and submitted my applocation 3 weeks ago.
I was aware that the minister stated in document that anyone who was pension age would not be able to avail of the grant.I cpntacted my local TD 2 weeks ago telling him I had submitted my application.I got a phone call this morning from a social welfare official telling me that she had decided to overlook the age thing,and would I please drop in my access number to her in the intreo centre which I duly did.so I await with bathed breath

Offline watty

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 05:25:54 pm »
It's a good idea, although it'll be abused of course.

I want to go back working but I've no idea what I'm going back to.  Anytime I venture out (FN on, roofsign off), it looks dead.  Most of the other taxis I see are empty too. 

I'm getting a guaranteed €350/250 at the moment and it'd be a huge gamble to give that up forever because there's no going back (once you sign off, that's it).  It'd be nice to have a bit of a cushion for a few weeks.

It might all be moot though.  Level 3 is likely tomorrow and maybe level 4 after that.  We might be back in a lockdown by mid-Oct?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 05:28:27 pm »
What was your expense list, DM?

Offline vandriver

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 06:28:40 pm »
This is my worst week since I started driving a taxi.Its Thursday evening and I've done a grand total of 19 Freenow jobs,2 Uber and 4 cash so far.About 20 quid profit so far this week.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 06:36:43 pm »
I'm getting a guaranteed €350/250 at the moment and it'd be a huge gamble to give that up forever because there's no going back (once you sign off, that's it).  It'd be nice to have a bit of a cushion for a few weeks.

That changed yesterday or the day before, Watty. Dr. Leo changed it so you can sign back on to puppy dole after signing off, regardless of what that Mehaul cunt wants...

Offline watty

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 06:53:19 pm »
That's only for new applicants afaik?

Afaik, if we sign off, we have to re-apply for the dole (UB/UA).  Heard one driver got 'offered' (?) €170/wk and if he didn't like it, he could give up his licence...

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2020, 06:58:31 pm »
According to citizens info you can reapply - which is what I understood to be Dr. Leo's intention... I wonder if they'd want the bag of sand back, though?

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/unemployed_people/covid19_pandemic_unemployment_payment.html

Can I reapply if I stopped claiming my payment?

If you stopped claiming because you returned to work, but are laid off or become unemployed again because of COVID-19, you can reapply for the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment.

If you were getting PUP and stopped claiming because you left Ireland, you can reapply when you return. However, you may not be paid for the 14 days that you are required to self-isolate when you return from abroad.

Offline watty

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2020, 07:00:37 pm »
@ RC - you beat me to it.

Press release: Pandemic Unemployment Payment to remain open for new entrants (15 Sept)

- The Minister for Social Protection, Heather Humphreys, T.D., has today secured Government approval to keep the Pandemic Unemployment Payment (PUP) open to new applicants until the end of 2020.

- This means that anyone who loses their employment as a result of the pandemic after September 17th will be able to avail of the appropriate PUP rate.  It also means that anyone unfortunate enough to be laid off for a second time will be able to avail of PUP.

Interesting.  No mention of the self-employed.  And very generous to let people back on the PUP instead of the regular dole...

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2020, 07:26:01 pm »
This is my worst week since I started driving a taxi.Its Thursday evening and I've done a grand total of 19 Freenow jobs,2 Uber and 4 cash so far.About 20 quid profit so far this week.

Fair play for bring honest.Hope things improve VD but that's probably a weeks work for me.When things were shit ten years ago the only answer was more hours unfortunately.On the plus side you still have another 3 days left to make some money.Six or seven days was pretty normal for many drivers back then.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2020, 09:28:42 am »

Can you imagine what it would be like if the 55% who aren't working were forced to return?

john m

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2020, 09:36:41 am »

Ah poor you .You were told Freenow wont feed the Ambassadors they dont need to they are already back they will write a line of code to give work to new returnees all they want is the work covered .VD if your renting and paying big insurance you would be better off on the covid if more drivers return to the job .Look at one of those courier jobs that supply a van might suit you for a few months until things pick up .

Show Unread Posts