Author Topic: Dignity for life  (Read 4275 times)

john m

Dignity for life
« on: September 22, 2020, 09:15:23 am »
Talking to Geno Kenny TD two days ago .He is introducing a bill to legalize euthanasia .A brave move by any politician but if you look at the changes in Irish attitudes to .Same sex marriage ,Divorce ,Sinn Fein .the Catholic Church who knows if this is ever put to a referendum it might just pass .Nothing sadder than watching someone you love waiting on death with no hope or no desire to live .Since the two party plus makeweights FF/FG/Lab stranglehold on Irish Politics has been broken we seem to have grown up politically .Fair Play to Kenny for bringing up this career destroying issue .

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: Dignity for life
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 09:22:11 am »
Agreed ...........except the fianna fowl/ fianna gowl  stranglehold bein loosened bit  ....
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 09:25:10 am »
I'd say there are a good few OAPs who got the pillow over their head in the hospital and the coroner said nothing.Could be good for the taxi industry..

john m

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 09:39:43 am »
Dignity in existence is not something we do well .From Magdalin Laundries to Orphanages ,Artane industrial schools .The Irish should hang their heads .Look at the Homeless figures while billionaires build to expensive  to rent gaffs or buy up other houses to rent .Minimum wage to low to feed a family never mind put a roof over their head .I was brought up to believe Every Man was entitled to the dignity of his Labour as in a fair days pay for a fair days work .The least we could do is grant people the right to log out when you have had enough .Im sure some economist will do the sums and if the Government can save Coin on hospital beds ,nursing homes ,medicines ,pensions this Bill will be passed not on humanitarian grounds but on economic grounds .I TOTALLY SUPPORT THIS BILL .

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 09:47:36 am »
Who wouldn't?The church have very little influence in Ireland thanx fuk.I can't imagine it not being passed.You can buy a pillow in IKEA for a tenner if it doesn't..

We put our pets down when they're in pain why should we be any different.

Online watty

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 09:58:54 am »
I thought it was here already (kinda).  Don't they call it 'pain management' and just give you an extra dose of morphine to speed things along?

Offline Horse

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 10:09:29 am »
One of many things that should've been legalised years ago. A family member of mine was recently diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. Inoperable, he's finished. He says he just wants to sit out his bac garden in his chair and nod off. He is in severe pain and started on morphine yesterday.  If Euthanasia were available this man would do it, I know he would and all of his family members would stand behind him. Whoever has this banned clearly hasn't suffered the ravages of cancer or watch a family member suffer.

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 11:17:12 am »
This Bill should go through, in my opinion.
No one has the right to tell others what to do,we should legalize euthanasia .
Already you have the likes of David Quinn and Co., coming out saying its wrong blah blah,, He and others have no right to tell anyone what their choice should be.
A personal choice is how it should be

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 11:48:48 am »
Not a chance of passing in Catholic Ireland....
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

dalymount

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2020, 12:20:31 pm »
I completely agree with those of you who feel emotionally upset at the prospect of watching somebody close to you suffer.

At the risk of getting myself a new arsehole torn on here,I would like to tell tou a short story.

There was a time in this country people actually believed in the power of prayer,and miracles.

Many years ago,I used to work for the Jesuits,and I seen some fantastic clerical work carried out by some of them.

Now there was one man in particular,a Fr Vincent Dennehy,who used to visited the hospitals every night of his life with  the John Sullivan cross.

Now Fr John Sullivan was a Jesuit priest who died in 1933 ( his coffin is still on display in the church ) but Fr John had amazing healing ability to cure people from all kinds of things including cancer.

Now you might say to yourself here's this fukkin idiot dalymount on again talking bollox,and your quite entitled to your view.

But the reason I want to tell you this story is,because I actually witnessed 2 of these miracles while on duty.

The first was a man who came from newry one night over 40 years ago.he brought with him his young daughter of 6 years of age,who could not speak.

As soon as Fr Denneghy blessed her,she began to speak.

The second was a man in hospital who has massive internal bleeding,when Fr denneghy blessed him the bleeding stopped immediately.

When I was in hospital myself earlier this year,I prayed to Fr John to protect me,and he didnt let me down.

Very often I carry relics of Fr John in the car,and I give them to people who might like one.

The point of this story is,when we think there is no hope,there is always a chance of a cure so before ypy condemn me for telling you this I say dont give up on the church yet.
It saved me.

I am aware im going to be crucified for putting this up here,but if there is just one of you who has somebody in this unfortunate situation of being sick,why not arrange for them to have a blessing with the cross

Offline Horse

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2020, 03:45:57 pm »
When all other avenues are exhausted Euthanasia should be a human right. I'd prefer to pass with some dignity than suffer for months on end waiting on the inevitable.  Never mind the physical pain the mental anguish must be torture. It would have to be properly regulated though. I'm sure there'd be scenarios where people would feel pressured by family members to speed things along for the greater good. Especially if money is involved.  Touchy subject altogether but I still think we should have the choice.

Offline Jonno

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2020, 09:47:12 pm »
I completely agree with those of you who feel emotionally upset at the prospect of watching somebody close to you suffer.

At the risk of getting myself a new arsehole torn on here,I would like to tell tou a short story.

There was a time in this country people actually believed in the power of prayer,and miracles.

Many years ago,I used to work for the Jesuits,and I seen some fantastic clerical work carried out by some of them.

Now there was one man in particular,a Fr Vincent Dennehy,who used to visited the hospitals every night of his life with  the John Sullivan cross.

Now Fr John Sullivan was a Jesuit priest who died in 1933 ( his coffin is still on display in the church ) but Fr John had amazing healing ability to cure people from all kinds of things including cancer.

Now you might say to yourself here's this fukkin idiot dalymount on again talking bollox,and your quite entitled to your view.

But the reason I want to tell you this story is,because I actually witnessed 2 of these miracles while on duty.

The first was a man who came from newry one night over 40 years ago.he brought with him his young daughter of 6 years of age,who could not speak.

As soon as Fr Denneghy blessed her,she began to speak.

The second was a man in hospital who has massive internal bleeding,when Fr denneghy blessed him the bleeding stopped immediately.

When I was in hospital myself earlier this year,I prayed to Fr John to protect me,and he didnt let me down.

Very often I carry relics of Fr John in the car,and I give them to people who might like one.

The point of this story is,when we think there is no hope,there is always a chance of a cure so before ypy condemn me for telling you this I say dont give up on the church yet.
It saved me.

I am aware im going to be crucified for putting this up here,but if there is just one of you who has somebody in this unfortunate situation of being sick,why not arrange for them to have a blessing with the cross
I always say that if someone has belief or faith in something and they get something good out of it, then fair play. Who am I to try and take that away them regardless of what my beliefs are, if any. I don't think too many here will slag you off Dalyer. Fuck em if they do.

Sent from my T770H using Tapatalk

dalymount

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2020, 09:57:16 pm »
I dont really care jonno,I speak from personal experience

Offline Jonno

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2020, 11:21:31 pm »
I dont really care jonno,I speak from personal experience
When my eldest was only a few months old, she was in bits with Colic for ages. Poor thing was crucified and screaming half the time with the pain of it.
Nothing we gave her or tried would work. Doctor was equally useless. Someone told me about some man that had a "cure" for this particular scourge.
I was never a believer in this "ould culchie mumbo jumbo". Anyway, we were at the stage that we'd try anything. I still can't remember how we managed to find him cos he lived in the middle of the rolling hills of Monaghan, which is a long way from me and it's well over 20 years ago, so no sat nav or eircode. It was a Sunday afternoon and we just doorstepped the poor fella. No appointment- not that he dealt in appointments. He took us in, got out an old little wooden box, took out a small piece of string and drew it across her belly in the shape of a cross while saying a prayer or something. That was it. Wouldn't take money. Apparently they don't want money for these things. I worked in a brewery at the time and had a few bottles of something in the boot, so I gave them to him.
The child slept the whole way home with not a sound for nearly the first time ever. Never had a moment's bother after that. I'm still at a loss. All I can say is what I've just said, and what I saw that day. Facts. I'm sure the poor oul divil is long gone by now but we were certainly grateful to him that day.

Sent from my T770H using Tapatalk

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2020, 07:38:57 am »
Do any of you religious enthusiasts know a priest that can bless a broken gearbox so it doesn't need to be replaced?

Show Unread Posts