Author Topic: Judging the Judges  (Read 1985 times)

john m

Judging the Judges
« on: October 06, 2020, 12:39:47 pm »
I wonder if a Judge who was offered a job and is obviously a poor judge of events was to get a pension deal might he decide not to take to the bench ?

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Judging the Judges
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 09:51:13 pm »
Don't know John....but it sounds like you might be open to a wink and a nod yourself!!

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 02:06:20 am »
It's not over yet, he seems to be calling in sick after a few other "Supremes" had a word with him. He's delaying his little chat with the Chief Justice. "Not cricket old boy".
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

john m

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 05:51:21 pm »
So yer man hasent turned up again .I remember Billy the Bastard was on the Piss with Sandra Kane from the Gaffs behind the flats with the drive ins .He forgot he was up in court the next morning and the Judge issued a bench warrant. A few weeks later Billy was playing The Moul into a shore on the road in front of the Flats and the Gards arrested him on Warrant and brought him to the Bridewell .Judge wasent happy Billy didnt turn up remanded him in custody for two weeks .Now here is the thing Billy was only up in court for being found on a licenced premises after hours bit like the Judge found illegally on a licenced premises .Irony or what .

Offline watty

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 05:57:47 pm »
He had a doctor's cert.  Wonder if he'll get invalided out with a pension?

john m

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 06:00:15 pm »
He had a doctor's cert.  Wonder if he'll get invalided out with a pension?

Looks like thats the plan as I posted trying to get a pension deal sorted before he retires on a medical .Probably no minimum sentence for a judge to serve before he qualifies for a pension .

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 06:04:00 pm »
Separation of government and judiciary is "all a loada........."
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

john m

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 06:18:08 pm »
Following the letter of the Law .Big Dommos youngfellas youngfella was supposed to marry Maraid Mc Gonnagle on Monday in Monaghan .Im meeting him monday with 4 others for a game of Poker in the Park as up to 6 people can meet in the open .He says only 6 can go to a wedding so his bird her Ma and Da the two bridesmaids and the Priest makes six so he cant attend ....True story .

john m

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2020, 04:54:07 am »
Just wondering If a Judge asked another Judge to drop in and see him could one judge tell the other judge that due to Covid Level 5 restrictions he couldnt travel more than 5 km .Im sure if Big Dommos Sisters youngones youngone was up in the Courts she would get her free legal aid solicitor to tell the Judge that .If the Judge was going to issue a bench warrant the Solicitor could say Your Worshipness My Client has no income due to lockdown as she depends on shoplifting for her Income (but she didnt do the shoplifting that she is charged with here today your honour )So has no money to take public transport or does not own a motor car so the only way she could attend here today would be to walk and that would be considered as Exercise and that would be illegal as she lives in the Flats more than 5K away  .Your honour surely the law could not demand that the law be broken so the law could be seen to be served .

dalymount

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2020, 07:38:00 am »
Don't know John....but it sounds like you might be open to a wink and a nod yourself!!
[/quote I wouldnt even let him judge the lovely girls competition

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2020, 10:55:43 am »
[/quote I wouldnt even let him judge the lovely girls competition

"More water!!"

dalymount

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2020, 11:18:44 am »
It's not over yet, he seems to be calling in sick after a few other "Supremes" had a word with him. He's delaying his little chat with the Chief Justice. "Not cricket old boy".
I wouldn't even let him judge the lovely girls contest on craggy island

Show Unread Posts