Author Topic: scrappage deal and free driver licence renewal.  (Read 4259 times)

Offline taxi1990

scrappage deal and free driver licence renewal.
« on: October 11, 2020, 02:13:24 pm »
Someone was telling me they heard something on the radio this morning in relation to the budget and a scrappage deal for taxi drivers and free driver licence renewals. anyone know anything about this?

john m

Re: scrappage deal and free driver licence renewal.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 02:17:32 pm »
Someone was telling me they heard something on the radio this morning in relation to the budget and a scrappage deal for taxi drivers and free driver licence renewals. anyone know anything about this?

Sounds about right buy a car to cover non existing work and free licence to cover non existing work .Would of been better to give us free tattoos

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 02:19:29 pm »

Sounds about right buy a car to cover non existing work and free licence to cover non existing work .Would of been better to give us free tattoos

The free licence will be helpful id say, like lads will renew anyway and this saves them 250. pity I just paid it a few weeks ago, might be able to get it back hopefully.

john m

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 02:24:25 pm »
Your not thinking straight 90 why would you support free licences if you got to pay it might take a few out same with scrappage .Its a competitive business why support competition ?  When Big Dommo use to clean the windows in the gaffs behind the flats he didnt loan the competition his bucket a shammy .
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 02:26:56 pm by john m »

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 02:35:38 pm »
Your not thinking straight 90 why would you support free licences if you got to pay it might take a few out same with scrappage .Its a competitive business why support competition ?  When Big Dommo use to clean the windows in the gaffs behind the flats he didnt loan the competition his bucket a shammy .

im not supporting the free licence, im just saying it will be appreciated by the lads who avail of it. this was in reply to your post about both the free licence and the scrappage deals being useless as there is no work.

john m

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 02:48:22 pm »
How many renters will avail of a free licence sit on the sidelines before they come back in .Who is going to give any of us credit to buy cars .Would of made more sense to extend the time you can lapse a licence from one to two years let lads get away for a year or so if they can get other work without being forced back before their plate lapsed .Might of encouraged a few out and they might of stayed out .If we get what has been suggested .Allowed work claim PUP free licences and Scrappage they will kill us with kindness .Its a reduced fleet we need not a subsidised one to continue competing for every job .

dalymount

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 02:57:50 pm »
Id say youd be surprised how many drivers would go if they give the chance of a buy back.id go anyway

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 03:14:18 pm »
I reckon it's just the €150 or €75( for WAV's) that they're referring to which is fukall use if you've to replace your vehicle from Jan 1st 2021(those who had to replace vehicles up to Dec 31st have been given an extra year,SI No 175 of 2020)...if the 5 year licence is included that amounts to a whopping €50 per year!!

If they don't do something genuinely fiancially viable,it'll be licence holders like myself who have taken up other employment that will be able to replace vehicles...because credit won't be available to "fulltime taxi drivers"!!

Offline Korky

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2020, 03:40:07 pm »
“ For taxi drivers, licence renewal fees will be waived along with improvements in the scrappage scheme along with some other measures yet to be finalised. ”

That’s from RTÉ news under the 9% vat headline

john m

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2020, 03:41:39 pm »
Id say youd be surprised how many drivers would go if they give the chance of a buy back.id go anyway

How much is your licence worth ?125 is all your licence is worth  only of use for the year it is paid .Thats why they say the licence has no value all it gives you is the right to renew it .

dalymount

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2020, 04:03:24 pm »
Well im sure when we protested here in Dublin,and in cork,we were not thinking about getting back 125 .we were talking about 5 k I think thats what it cost at the time

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2020, 04:11:26 pm »
No buyback is necessary. There aren't a load of lads paying 10k to stay in the industry to potentially get the 5/6k th paid for their plates at some stage down the road.They got up to 20 years work out of their plates.Fuk them.

As for renewal fees the NTA don't get any if we're off the road.The biggest expense is the potential costs involved with passing the car out via the NCT and insurance.

dalymount

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2020, 04:17:21 pm »
No buyback is necessary. There aren't a load of lads paying 10k to stay in the industry to potentially get the 5/6k th paid for their plates at some stage down the road.They got up to 20 years work out of their plates.Fuk them.id say there's drivers out there at the moment who are not opoptimistic for the future,and they would take your hand off for 5 k.take me for instance.I will NEVER join a dispatcher,so what chance have I of survival

As for renewal fees the NTA don't get any if we're off the road.The biggest expense is the potential costs involved with passing the car out via the NCT and insurance.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2020, 04:22:12 pm »
Like I posted already Daly there's nothing stopping you or I taking 5/6k off the gubberment for our saloon plate then going out and buying a wheelchair taxi.This is a problem.

john m

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2020, 04:26:09 pm »
There are not enough jobs around to make a living .No gigs No Sports ,No Hotels No Tourists No office workers .YOU CANT POLISH A SHITE .

Show Unread Posts