Author Topic: Meter reset .  (Read 6585 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Meter reset .
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 09:12:11 pm »
So will it mean a meter recalibration should Rosheen's idea bear fruit.....Feargal Quinn was trying to change that for years but never seemed to gain traction.

Offline Horse

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 09:17:12 pm »
Is the daylight saving not getting scrapped next year anyway? They're just bringing it forward a year is all, i think.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2020, 09:22:10 pm »
Is the daylight saving not getting scrapped next year anyway? They're just bringing it forward a year is all, i think.

There was talk alright but it probably would have coincided with the fare increase we were due but FN massaged Annes feet until she orgasmed and she agreed to put the fare increase back until FN stuck their commission up first!!

Offline Jonno

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2020, 09:22:20 pm »
Yes. Our European masters are organising it. We can't unilaterally change afaik. And there's the Brexit farce and business stuff to consider. Her majesty won't be coming on board with the daylight saving yoke. I can be at the border and into a different time zone in less than ten minutes when this goes ahead. Mad shite.

Sent from my T770H using Tapatalk

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2020, 09:23:55 pm »
I'd prefer to be in Lanzarote....in the same time zone!!

Offline Jonno

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2020, 09:25:51 pm »
I'd prefer to be in Lanzarote....in the same time zone!!
Same

Sent from my T770H using Tapatalk

john m

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2020, 10:20:52 am »
They didnt bother fucking with the Clock in 1968 .I remember going to school in the morning in the dark .They gave out luminous armbands in school to keep children safe in the dark .The original idea of moving the clock was to give farmers an extra hour of daylight in winter mornings to get the milking done .

Offline Horse

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2020, 10:30:20 am »
Clocks in the German Empire, and its ally Austria, were turned ahead by one hour on April 30, 1916—2 years into World War I. The rationale was to minimize the use of artificial lighting to save fuel for the war effort. Within a few weeks, the idea was followed by the United Kingdom, France, and many other countries.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2020, 09:43:35 pm »
Last Year on the morning that Daylight Savings Time ended I stopped in to visit my aging friend.

He was busy covering his penis with black shoe polish.

I said to him, "You better get your hearing checked - You're supposed to turn your clock back".

Hope he remembers that this year!!
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Belker

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2020, 05:45:38 am »
That won't ever happen, I remember me Da telling me that they tried that in London back in the Sixties (and as John M said) there was uproar from the parents who had to bring the childer to school in the dark.

Offline Horse

john m

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2020, 01:00:12 pm »
Did you know we are to become more European in the Budget there was an allocation of coin to recruit more Spanish Teachers .Its hidden in the Finance bill which is still not published .The idea is if more of us speak Spanish we can import more Spanish Students who come here to drink and sit on the walls in Clondalkin Village during the summer and spend their Daddys coin .

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2020, 01:02:29 pm »
Did you know we are to become more European in the Budget there was an allocation of coin to recruit more Spanish Teachers .Its hidden in the Finance bill which is still not published .The idea is if more of us speak Spanish we can import more Spanish Students who come here to drink and sit on the walls in Clondalkin Village during the summer and spend their Daddys coin .

Spanish was taught in the 70s in drimnagh castle john

Offline Horse

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2020, 01:06:49 pm »
And the 80's TD. Can't remember my teacher's name but he had a pair of glasses that automatically tinted when the sun hit them. We thought they were quite cool at the time.  Never forget that pox brother O'Grady, Arnold was his nickname, used to give a right hard punch to the chest if he caught you messing. Some dig he had for a pensioner.

john m

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2020, 01:11:14 pm »
German in Ballyfermot Tech .I know how to say the egg is under the table .Der Spiegeli is under dem tish .

Show Unread Posts