Poll

Is this a Hustle or was it Genuine ?

Hustle.
15 (75%)
Genuine.
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: November 15, 2020, 11:59:26 am

Author Topic: Hustle or Genuine. Call it ?  (Read 17643 times)

Offline Belker

Hustle or Genuine. Call it ?
« on: November 08, 2020, 11:59:26 am »
Call it ?
Hustle or Genuine ?

It's Sunday morning 8am as I'm ranked up alone on Pana in Cork standing out having a ciggie with not a sinner in sight and about to head fer home.
A lone female is making a bee-line toward my cab, a slim pretty lady about 40-45, well dressed, lovely expensive looking purple coat, jeans.
She approaches me on the street saying; "I've been beaten and robbed, I just need to get home to Kildare, I came to Cork to meet a man but he beat me and stole my wallet, I just want to go home and I have asked people fer just 20 Euro for the train but nobody will talk to me, can you please help me ?".

Offline Belker

Re: Hustle or Genuine. Call it ?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 12:01:32 pm »
I ask the lady a few questions about how she wants to get to Kildare and how she is going to pay fer it but she seemed a tad overwhelmed by her situation, so I asked her how much was the train to Kildare ? And she said 20.80.

"OK, Right", I said; "Jump in there, I'll bring you to the train station",
She sez; "But I have no money for the train",
Me; "I'll sort your train fare too, don't worry, I'll get ya home safe".
So along the way she is thanking me and promising to refund the cash when she is next in Cork on next Wednesday and Thursday and then drops; "I'm starving hungry", to which I reply; "I'll sort that too".

Offline Belker

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 12:03:07 pm »
So I dropped her to the train station and asked her fer her mobile number, the reasoning being that if she gave me a number and I rang it and her phone did not ring, then she was getting nothing, but she said that she had also lost her phone, so I parted with 30 Euro in cash and she begged fer my name, address, phone number so as that she could pay me back, I wrote all my details out fer her and handed them to her with the cash. She gave me her name as Emma Txxx and her 089 xxx number which I saved on my phone.

Offline Belker

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 12:04:57 pm »
So she departed with a few "God bless you's" and headed in to the train station in the direction of the ticket office. I got a job offer on my phone from Mayfield to Ballyvolane which I accepted so I didn't get to see if she actually went to the ticket office or not.
As I'm driving to Mayfield, I'm thinking to myself, "HUSTLE, HUSTLE, HUSTLE" !!

As I'm pulling in fer the Mayfield Taxi job my phone rings, it's Emma T saying; "Thank you, Thank you soo much, I found my phone, I will be on to you to pay you back, I have to go, I have very little credit left" ........

That was all just this morning.
So call it ? Hustle or Genuine ?

john m

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 12:05:30 pm »
She came to Cork to meet a Man .That beat me .So why will she be returning during the Week has she got another beating lined up ?

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2020, 12:07:14 pm »
hustle or genuine, she wont pay you back either way in my opinion.

I had a woman stop me on a sunday morning last year, I knew her from dropping her home a couple of times before but she was from a rough family. she hadnt got the 40 euro fare and told me she would pay me that week when she was paid. I had my doubts but she saw me driving through town about a week later and flagged me down and gave me the 40 euro

The woman you met doesnt know you or live in cork, even if she isnt a knacker, I doubt she will pay you back. hopefully she does though.

A large majority of people these days have no manners and are not to be trusted, a man asked me for change of a 50 at the train station once, I said I had none, you just dont know who you are dealing with, he might have been trying to get rid of fake money or something, fcuk him, he looked like a knacker as well.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 12:16:19 pm by taxi1990 »

Offline Tony

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2020, 12:12:35 pm »
Only in cork kens imagination this could happen
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2020, 12:15:41 pm »
I was gettin a horn when he said slim lady...40-45....it all went downhill after that!!

Offline Tony

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 12:17:05 pm »
I was gettin a horn when he said slim lady...40-45....it all went downhill after that!!

Like jo jo did?
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2020, 12:17:15 pm »
What difference does it make if she was slim and pretty or fat and ugly.Ya still didn't get any money off her.Thank fuk for the Covid payment.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2020, 12:18:28 pm »
If she really was robbed and beaten, im sure she would have reported it to the Guards and if so, would they not have helped her get home?

Did she look like she had been beaten up? 

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2020, 12:19:46 pm »
Sure she'll be back down next week Ken...you can finish the beating!!

john m

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2020, 12:30:14 pm »
KEN you know I wouldnt Lie .the exact same thing happened to Emma  Hogan she wasent from the flats or the Gaffs behind the flats she was from Newbridge but she moved into the Flats .She was on a Blind Date in Cork as well its about 20 years ago now she would be in her Fourties or more now   She was a  slim pretty lady   well dressed, She always wore  a lovely expensive looking purple coat, jeans.Anyway she got beat up and always said she would return to Cork some day .............I wonder ............I wonder ..I know the weather in Cork is bad but Lightning striking twice ! .

dalymount

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2020, 12:30:37 pm »
Id offer a view,but Kennys not talking to me.ah fukkit I'll offer it anyway.it might be that she seen you as a soft touch if she got it to you for 30 sovs on the first meeting,she's probably saying to herself ill hit him for a onner next time.now she has your phone number,has a good excuse to meet you again,knows where you can be found,and probably has your name.ask yourself one question .what kind of a woman comes to cork to meet a man and gets vear up and robbed.was it he who done it ?

john m

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2020, 12:36:56 pm »
Dollyer A few years ago there was a scam lads hitch hiking would ask drivers to ring their mother to say they lost their phone and were on the way home and had got a lift .Then they would have the drivers Phone number and ring him later  and say they knew where he worked or lived as they probably asked in conversation and unless you paid them they would ring your bird or Job and say they gave you a blow job for a lift .You could be right she might be a Jobbing Girl looking to drum up custom .

Show Unread Posts