Author Topic: Business Planning  (Read 6537 times)

john m

Business Planning
« on: November 18, 2020, 10:45:18 pm »
So call it what do you think will happen on 1st of December .What will or wont open .Looking at Tweedle dee and Tweedle Dum .I dont think the Government or Neff will want to make the call.I think we will get Local lockdowns with different levels for different Counties .Especially if you have a Government supporting Independent TD.So Donegal,Cavan,Monaghan will stay in lockdown level 5. Dublin will be a bastardised level Three and 3/8ths .They cant go level 3 and allow drinking in the rain so food pubs will be allowed open but restricted hours noon till nine and lockdown and empty by 10 and Wet pubs open like aeroplanes sitting down only .Outside Dublin level two carry on but dont act the bollox .We might get a a weird type of Christmas in Dublin with Shopping Centers all open 24 hours and some of the bigger City center shops staying open all night but you will need to book on line or something to shop after normal trading hours .So there should be a bit of work available but dont think its going to be great .Drivers outside Dublin might do OK.

I was talking to my mate from Templebar and he says Guinness dont have the Stock of Barrells available to restock all the Pubs .He recons that there might be a bit of lobbying by brewers not to reopen pubs unless they are certain to remain open  as they do not want to be put in a position of telling some Publicans they dont have the stock to supply them and dont want to ramp up production only to be left with perishable product that nobody wants .

Whats your best guess what are you planning for ?

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

Re: Business Planning
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 10:54:37 pm »
IT'S ALL A LOADA BOLLOCKS.

john m

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 11:00:46 pm »
IT'S ALL A LOADA BOLLOCKS.

I dont dissagree Doc but I need to get an earner to pay car loan and insurance for January .Im ok until January .If things dont improve then its park up cancel the insurance and dont pay the car loan and hope with thousands of others defaulting on car loan they wont repossess it before we get a vaccine .Thats the bones of my business plan .

dalymount

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 11:07:22 pm »
Sure they have a vaccine,its a question of when we get it

john m

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 11:13:02 pm »
Sure they have a vaccine,its a question of when we get it

We wont be getting it before December .

dalymount

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 11:18:56 pm »
With my 5 underlying conditions,I reckon I'll be up first

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 11:33:02 pm »
I'm not taking and vaccines

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2020, 11:35:12 pm »
December will see limited reopening
Mid jan another lockdown

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2020, 09:58:48 am »
OK so assuming the vaccine lands, whats the story.

Do you have to pay for it ?

What criteria will be used to dish it Out ?
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2020, 10:20:00 am »
I hear it's around 15 sterling to buy

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2020, 11:00:23 am »
Maybe FN can represent their employee drivers and get them the vaccine first.....they need their drivers ready when it all kicks off!!

john m

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2020, 11:01:31 am »
Bit severe Occi most Taxi drivers are grafters if you dont go out you dont earn .Why they wont sell off the industry or let Uber or Free Now get their mits on it is simple .It can only truly work if it is chaotic and reactionary .If it was regularized the turn over of staff would be huge .You can see it here lads that were working sixty or seventy hours a week now complaining they cant get coin while others are sofa surfing and surviving .This industry only works because of the diversity of workers ,we are reactionary All Ireland Day every driver is at his steering wheel big Gig we are there late night Discotechs and Sheebeens throwing out time the Brothers of the wheel are there and its all paid for out of our own pockers no subsidies like CIE.or Dublin Bus we the taxi drivers pay to play .A lot of the pain we are going through now was caused by ourselves .Thick ignorant no good wasters parading as some sort of industry reps fucked it up for the few who were getting a living by asking for nothing out of nothing .Let us go back to work for nothing  The Minister said fire away earn a ton and twenty a week if you can and keep your Covid Coin .Result is drivers competing with drivers for non existing work .

Like I said we are a reactionary force fire fighters ,Transport Storm Troopers our role is to respond to demand UB40 playing Malahide we will be there Lester Piggott at Leopardstown we will be there Madonna at the O2 we will be there .Our reps dont understand that they think there should be less of us so we can make more money and thats the way they present their case and the Government always ignore them because what the Government want is what they have A reactionary force of Storm Troopers who will react to demand From Full time Sixty hour lads to double jobbers dosent matter to the NTA who does the job as long as it gets done .Reps should of been looking for more money for drivers to keep us off the road not no money to get us back on the Road .If I had of been asked I would of said Ask the Government for a few grand per driver to help maintain our vehicles and keep them Insured during this Pandemic so we will be available to Storm Troop or React should we be needed in the event that some of the other Nationally available transport providers were impacted by an out break of Covid among their staff and had to withdraw their service .The NTA have designed the Taxi Industry to be reactionary so ask them to pay for it . We put more drivers back on the road for nothing only the opportunity to try to earn a ton and twenty .Its only when taxi drivers realize we are only seasonal workers who can only make money off of other peoples events like concerts ,Sports events ,Porter Shops ,Theater work or other Medical shows .Most of our work is reactionary we react to demand created by others we as an industry create no demand have little or no power to create demand .The stupidity of offering half price fares to people who need a taxi anyway dosent create demand it just reduced wages .

Until The Lads from the Flats are back going to raves .Brona and Helen are back in Coppers all the Gay lads are going to see Kylie in the Point Seamus and Sean are going to Croker Old tommy is on the lash in the local .Its their party and we can cry if we want to cry if we want to but until everybody else returns to normal there is just not enough work to go round and Priority, stars ,golden boy status,discounts, stickers on bonnetts wont make a bit of difference .Time for lads to Paint Pictures ,Write Stories get to know your kids and yourself or try get a different job because this industry will be one of the last to recover because we only react to other peoples events .

dalymount

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2020, 11:17:26 am »
I dont rhink the reps want less of us as you say John,sure as rat pointed out mqny times the reps keep telling the Government drivers have left in their droves,inviting them to replenish the stock.that hardly seems like they want less of us

john m

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2020, 11:45:42 am »
I dont rhink the reps want less of us as you say John,sure as rat pointed out mqny times the reps keep telling the Government drivers have left in their droves,inviting them to replenish the stock.that hardly seems like they want less of us

They want more drivers Dollyer not more vehicles .They are thinking back to the Cozy days thinking they might  put another driver on their Nan Van or wanked out saloon and probably do the drivers books and look after the insurance .Or older lads who dont want to live in the car can find a cosy .You will notice they always refer to the reduction in the number of Drivers not Vehicles .

john m

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2020, 04:23:38 am »
Holohan already sounding like December 1st wont be the end of lockdown.....Packed car parks, busy office canteens and people turning up for work with Covid-19 symptoms are among signs of how the nation has let standards slip in recent weeks and stalled progress in driving down the virus, it emerged last night.

Chief medical officer Dr Tony Holohan said after a major reduction of cases in the first phase of lockdown, we are now “stuck” at more than 400 new cases per day and a week of the lockdown has been” lost” as a result.

Show Unread Posts