Author Topic: It's Over, OVER !  (Read 14563 times)

john m

Re: It's Over, OVER !
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2021, 01:44:14 pm »
Like Stormin Norman Schwarzkopf of the taxi wurld!!

How fitting Hal to put both names in Context  Desert Storm and Deserted Streets .I can see it now a fully stickered Taxi not a Sherman tank with the Confederate Flag that once flew at an All Ireland Camogie Quarter Final (ie first round )being held aloft by the strong grip of the Douglas Devil as he scouts for victims round the mean Streets of Cork City and Bandon and Ovens and Mallow ,Mitchelstown with the Dying Rebel blasting out on the car stereo at twenty to two in the morning and a small tear running down his cheek .God I have a lump in me throat as I type this .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2021, 03:40:04 pm »
A lump in yer throat in the boxroom....hmmm!!

Offline Belker

« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2021, 04:26:16 am »
But your an Ambassadore with loads of medals anall .
I am at the moment on Gold status/ambassador/on priority and I just did a very boring Sat night shift from 8pm to 2am with 8 FN jobs and 1 street job. I got no job fer 45 minutes at 1.15am and bogged off home and again tonight my phone has not rang even once.

I will lose Gold status at midnight on Sunday because I could not complete the 36 FN jobs this week, not that it matters much anymore because there just is not enough work out there at the moment with a lot of drivers back out working and diluting what little work there is.

Offline watty

« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2021, 05:21:13 pm »
@ Belker - are you working at the wrong times?

In their recent newsletter, the NTA published the results of a telephone survey they did with passengers.  I can't remember the exact details because I've no intention working while we're in this 3rd wave of disease.  But my vague memory is that the morning and night business is dead dead dead.  And the busy time was something like 2pm-10pm.  Like I said, can't remember exactly.  Think FN did similar with their data and their results were almost the same as the NTA? 

Might be worthwhile changing your working hours or get a hobby & stop working  :P

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/spsv-industry-update-issue-50/

« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 05:27:40 pm by watty »

Offline Belker

« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2021, 10:28:06 pm »
The problem at the moment is that the schools are closed and all the school run drivers are now day time street workers, also the airport is as good as dead and they are all back on the street aswell.

I did 3 hours tonight (Sun) 6pm to 9pm and got 1 job to make 13 notes, got bored and went home.

john m

« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2021, 10:31:28 pm »
Ken while you were flashing your bollox (medals) we here in DUUBBBLLLINNN tried to tell yo the game was fucked .Its been like that up here for months .Even the Nasal Nourishers are delivering to your gaff no need to go out to score .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2021, 10:36:31 pm »
How the fuck would you know what it's like up above in Dublin or anywhere else, erm? At least Watty looks at the stats while he's lounging around saving the world.

Offline Belker

« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2021, 10:43:49 pm »
Ken while you were flashing your bollox (medals) we here in DUUBBBLLLINNN tried to tell yo the game was fucked .Its been like that up here for months .Even the Nasal Nourishers are delivering to your gaff no need to go out to score .
Only since lockdown 5 in October did the game fall apart down here.

john m

« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2021, 11:05:25 pm »
I have Taxi insurance since July I knock on the App nothing doing in D22 or Lucan .I only see prebooks from where Shrek Lives Far Far Away .If Im out and a hand shoots out I take it but im activly seeking work to guarentee me covid Coin .Raises the question How do drivers with no insurance qualify for PUP as they are not Activly seeking work ?

Offline Tony

« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2021, 11:40:39 pm »
Ah sure not to worry, there's only 3 more lockdowns till Christmas
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2021, 09:36:09 am »
I have Taxi insurance since July I knock on the App nothing doing in D22 or Lucan .I only see prebooks from where Shrek Lives Far Far Away .If Im out and a hand shoots out I take it but im activly seeking work to guarentee me covid Coin .Raises the question How do drivers with no insurance qualify for PUP as they are not Activly seeking work ?

They are looking for different work not associated with their taxi.. ::fuck

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2021, 11:32:07 am »
.If Im out and a hand shoots out I take it

Whether to work or not is quite a difficult decision. Have you given it much thought erm or do you just need coin because that Mehaul cunt cut your puppy dole. I've never criticised any man for working during the pandemic - in fact I have applauded those that continued to provide service both virtually and in the real world - and I'm not going to start now. I'm genuinely interested in how you have assessed the risks given that the health service is under more pressure now than at any time since the pandemic was recognised. In particular, have you considered how much of a danger you are to yourself and your passengers and what, if any, weight do you currently attach to medical professionals advising us to stay at home unless absolutely necessary?

Bring back Dr. Leo. Dr. Leo was great so he was...

Online Punter

« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2021, 11:59:48 am »
I have worked most of the time as I believed I was entitled to ,in my understanding of the Minister speech in the Spring ,if I didn't I would go off my rocker and be a bigger Alcoholic than I already am and with the bad weather don't walk where I did twice a day in Spring/ Summer---have been very fussy of jobs I do which are basically retail staff and a few Hospital Staff-NO PARTY HOUSES, of which there are still a few --I have a purpose built screen which seals the entire rear of the car bar a small payment hatch so I feel safe enough but always wear a mask--
Allowing all annual costs you would be hard pressed to net 600/800 per month and that's for 4 hours a day 7 days a week effort--if nothing happens I just jack have had days where I never got one job--worse week I grossed 260 yoyos, but  at least I tried so justified myself to have more beer for another few days--the joys of living alone but trying helps fend off the darkness that some on here have also suffered !
So if your lucky enough to be in a half decent relationship and getting a few quid on PUP ,relax enjoy yourself you're missing F /ALL, and Joe Public doesn't give a fiddlers about you !

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2021, 04:08:24 pm »
I tend to agree, Punter. A service is required but there definitely seems to be too many taximen / taxi drivers working now thanks to the unions calling for subsidies to get men back to work because there's no work to go back to! However, I must admit to being tempted to do enough to cover expenses and make up the money that Mehaul cunt took off my puppy dole.

Bring back Dr. Leo. Dr. Leo was great so he was...

Show Unread Posts