Author Topic: Free Stuff  (Read 5589 times)

john m

Re: Free Stuff
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2021, 08:15:45 pm »
Simplest way to make a few notes is to lay every odds on Favourite in Ireland .But its Disiplin when your a few notes up you lose interest and start looking for your kicks forgeting that what you are trying to do is run a business for profit .DISIPLIN is the secret and 99% of punters dont have it .

john m

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2021, 08:17:02 pm »
You Day trading Merch?

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2021, 08:23:38 pm »
Kinda John..sometimes I keep something for minutes.More like swing trading. I'm determined not to lose my winnings.Need it to buy a car!

Occasionally I've made more from buying thousands of volatile penny stocks than from the likes of Tesla/apple etc..I'm losing me bottle lately so might wait to see if things get cheaper.Been lucky so far.

john m

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2021, 08:29:24 pm »
IF you knew how to time it the Techs will crash like a new Boeing 737 Max if Trump repeals section 230 and makes the likes of Face book .Twitter .all responsible for what they post .Europe and Austrailia are looking at legislation the Democrats are anti free speech so might egg trump on to land a Bollock Kick to Social media .Unfortunatly he will probably do it after the markets close .If he takes them on the whole market will crash .Like you say its probably time to pocket your coin

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2021, 08:38:09 pm »
Yes without access to after hours and premarket in the US I'm at a disadvantage.Everything has gone up so much since March that a huge 30% correction would still only bring us back pre-pandemicic prices.See how tomorrow goes.

john m

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2021, 08:58:57 pm »
He goes for one of them sheets of paper with his big signiture and Presidential orders Social media the bubble could burst and 30% correction might be a blessing .If I was shorting Two they would be Tesla 800 billion for a company that has the Market for EV almost all to itself but still cant make a profit .Its a Ponzy like Enron you have to be in it although you know its going to implode .As soon a Mercedes and Ford and GM get their EVs developed they dont have the same tooling costs as Tesla as they have the Production facilities and more importantly STAFF .Elon is depending on China for to many of his parts .

The other is IBM still valued as if it is still the world leader but has long been overtaken by Google and Apple .

Look at some of the big Ponzys Enron .Maydoff Sanford or the biggest fuck up The Bunker Hunts trying to corner the Silver Market in the 80s .If trump wants to make billions all he needs to do is short the market get all his mates to play then he attacks it .You can make money if the markets go up or down just depends on what side you are on .

P.S.Trump has made most of his coin by failing and failing to pay .His art of the deal is based on failure so why not make the stock market fail ?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 09:02:49 pm by john m »

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2021, 09:06:12 pm »
Simplest way to make a few notes is to lay every odds on Favourite in Ireland .But its Disiplin when your a few notes up you lose interest and start looking for your kicks forgeting that what you are trying to do is run a business for profit .DISIPLIN is the secret and 99% of punters dont have it .
Johnny....if that wer true ..
..thered be thousands millionaires in  track suits all over the country .....I've bein in bookies wer most them just back favourites .......
Nobody gets away from the bookies alive ......that's why paddy power hires the brightest to run his shops from
Clonskeagh an the like ....hes more blokes working behind closed doors watchin everything an the only way to beat the bookies at horse racin.....
.is to be a trainer wit an intravenous needle  up his sleeve that he  use to inject the horse up the arse wer it's less detectable
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

john m

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2021, 09:17:04 pm »
Occi I worked for most of Irelands Best bookies .You cannot underestimate Loyalty .Passion .and Stupidity but the biggest earner for the bookie is Loyalty You price horses trained by the best trainers and owners shorter than others because people will back them anyway .I had a touch one time for fun just to prove a point .Kildare were 2/5 to win the all Ireland Galway were 3/1 in Dublin bookies .I had 200 on Galway @3/1 then bought a Kildare jersey on O Neills on the Longmile and we went to Galway for the weekend .Went into a pub got slagged for me Kildare Jersey told lads my great grandfather on me mothers side won an all Ireland with Kildare and had a load of 20 pound bets with the locals that Kildare would win .Galway won the Game I lose about 240 on the day to the Galway Men paid up they bought me drink for 3 days .I then came home and collected my 800 from the bookies all I did was cover my stake and used Loyalty to get the best odds .Thats what the Bookies Do Aiden O Briens first Two year old runner will be odds on It usually loses .

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2021, 09:30:19 pm »
Occi I worked for most of Irelands Best bookies .You cannot underestimate Loyalty .Passion .and Stupidity but the biggest earner for the bookie is Loyalty You price horses trained by the best trainers and owners shorter than others because people will back them anyway .I had a touch one time for fun just to prove a point .Kildare were 2/5 to win the all Ireland Galway were 3/1 in Dublin bookies .I had 200 on Galway @3/1 then bought a Kildare jersey on O Neills on the Longmile and we went to Galway for the weekend .Went into a pub got slagged for me Kildare Jersey told lads my great grandfather on me mothers side won an all Ireland with Kildare and had a load of 20 pound bets with the locals that Kildare would win .Galway won the Game I lose about 240 on the day to the Galway Men paid up they bought me drink for 3 days .I then came home and collected my 800 from the bookies all I did was cover my stake and used Loyalty to get the best odds .Thats what the Bookies Do Aiden O Briens first Two year old runner will be odds on It usually loses .
Do yu know wats up wit us johnny ?
Wer lazy cnuts .....
I sold a paintin today for 500 euro .....
I could get up in the morning and paint from 9 in the morning
Till 6 at night an ide start making a wage ....ide start treating it like a job an I cud stop worrying bout the car parked outside full of cobwebs costing me money .....but I'm just too lazy
The only difference between me an van goch is .....he was a obsessive hard working nut job .....an I'm a lazy cnut nut job ...talent has sweet fuk all to do wit it ....its hard work ....in his case drivin by mental illness ....but you as a fellow taxi drivers mensa member scientific mind sort of person tingy know that energy cannot be destroyed nor created .....
If you put yur time into any pursuit you'll get results .....
If merco studies them stocks and shares obsessively .....he can make a very good living at it ......
But thinkin yull make money out o horses is for the birds
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

john m

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2021, 09:42:36 pm »
Occi its Procrastination Syndrome Two main causes We never competed in any sport as a kid so never learned to win or we are under the impression that we are smarter than the average Joe .Most successfull people are fairly mediocre .You look at most musicians none of them would get a second seat in an Orchestra but they are driven same with most successfull business people wouldnt answer a few general knowledge questions on University Challenge but know or invented their own business .Its not laziness its something deeper than that .

Online Punter

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2021, 09:56:18 pm »
Tesla--This is NOT a punt on EVs as some on here think--its a punt on Musk and his brain --how many know that he has a factory producing cars that's carbon neutral and totally self sufficient virtual costs nothing to run, bar staff --the cars are heaps, spoke to a wide mush last week a 5/6 y/o Tesla is worth zero no self respecting dealer would take it in /sell it ! 

Now I have been a Punter for over 50 years lost and won fortunes, had 15k on a loser in the Park in 80s and left meeting winning 2k,and I can tell you its no claim to fame but I could still have a couple on grand on one I fancy but seldom do --long-term you don't win  ,maybe monetary you survive but the effect on your mindset leads to major disruption in relationships and your ability to connect with others !
Been on both sides of the counter regarding Bookmaking --there is a saying --"how to make a million being a Bookie --start with two !"
Check with Ken --Cashman's biggest cash Joes in Cork for years and now like me he is driving a Joe and works to keep his head half right--no millions there either but great stories ,regrettably they are not cashable   !

One of my kids got paid off a few quid early last year and he gave it to me to manage --I bought Applegreen @2.08,Aryzta @34 and ICL @3.10 ,made him sell ILC @level after 8 MThs, sold the bakery @72 and rebought @51--now 68 and Applegreen taken out @5.75 ,coped about 9k for year for 5 k investment !
I couldn't but a share for myself  as twice I did it for big dough and lost 6 figures so never tried since !

I have seen certainties beaten and I have learned that the taxi industry when it was flying was the best time of my life to make cash--time is gone regrettably so I am retraining @65 y/o to join my Son in his business of Training others as there are  a lot of Punters out there who business is fucked and to keep their PUP /Welfare they will have to retrain !

I have two shares in my mind for this year but havent bought them yet--will post with reasoning when I do !

Now for all who think I am Bananas, I don't really care  I only post here if I think I can be of assistance so here is my last piece of information, buy FT on a Sat --4 Euro and you get the fairest most concise reporting across the world and its not all financial--The Sundays lift a lot with the Red Tops rehashing it on Mon Tues  --I got 4 hours out of it yesterday ! 

john m

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2021, 10:31:32 pm »
80s beaten in the Park .Was it Babba Karam ?I left the park that day crying Asmussen was muck .

I bought BOI and AIB a few years back trebled me money and cashed out .I wouldnt invest a cent in the stock Market until Trump is dead .Seriously I think he will knock the USA back into the 1950 where men were men and women did what they were told and Blacks knew their place .Think most Americans have woken up to the fact they will never use their nukes if they do the Chinaman or Russia will take them out So now they have to look at their second rate multi losing Army and they realize they have never won a war unless you count the Spanish American War when they won California or the Civil war when half the country lost to the other half .So thats what Donny T wants to refight the Spanish/Mexican wars and the Civil war so Bubba and Cletus can chaw tobacca and drink burbon on the veranda while Ellie May cooks Grits .Remember America is a Bastard State of ununited States the Attack on the Capitol was reminiscent of the Attack on the Cremlin when Gorbichof was in power .The reason the Attack on the Capitol was ALLOWED go ahead was the establishment did not want TANKS rolling through the streets of Washington like Tieanamin Square .Remember what happened after the attack on the Kremlin the USSR fell appart .I posted up here a long time ago American troops will shoot American Citizens and British Troops will be out on the Streets of Britain to shoot and kill british Citizens just like they did in Belfast which is a British City .

Offline Belker

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2021, 06:27:46 am »
Tesla--This is NOT a punt on EVs as some on here think--its a punt on Musk and his brain --how many know that he has a factory producing cars that's carbon neutral and totally self sufficient virtual costs nothing to run, bar staff --the cars are heaps, spoke to a wide mush last week a 5/6 y/o Tesla is worth zero no self respecting dealer would take it in /sell it ! 

Now I have been a Punter for over 50 years lost and won fortunes, had 15k on a loser in the Park in 80s and left meeting winning 2k,and I can tell you its no claim to fame but I could still have a couple on grand on one I fancy but seldom do --long-term you don't win  ,maybe monetary you survive but the effect on your mindset leads to major disruption in relationships and your ability to connect with others !
Been on both sides of the counter regarding Bookmaking --there is a saying --"how to make a million being a Bookie --start with two !"
Check with Ken --Cashman's biggest cash Joes in Cork for years and now like me he is driving a Joe and works to keep his head half right--no millions there either but great stories ,regrettably they are not cashable   !

One of my kids got paid off a few quid early last year and he gave it to me to manage --I bought Applegreen @2.08,Aryzta @34 and ICL @3.10 ,made him sell ILC @level after 8 MThs, sold the bakery @72 and rebought @51--now 68 and Applegreen taken out @5.75 ,coped about 9k for year for 5 k investment !
I couldn't but a share for myself  as twice I did it for big dough and lost 6 figures so never tried since !

I have seen certainties beaten and I have learned that the taxi industry when it was flying was the best time of my life to make cash--time is gone regrettably so I am retraining @65 y/o to join my Son in his business of Training others as there are  a lot of Punters out there who business is fucked and to keep their PUP /Welfare they will have to retrain !

I have two shares in my mind for this year but havent bought them yet--will post with reasoning when I do !

Now for all who think I am Bananas, I don't really care  I only post here if I think I can be of assistance so here is my last piece of information, buy FT on a Sat --4 Euro and you get the fairest most concise reporting across the world and its not all financial--The Sundays lift a lot with the Red Tops rehashing it on Mon Tues  --I got 4 hours out of it yesterday !
Good post 'Punter', delighted that I got a personal mention !

Offline Belker

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2021, 06:37:17 am »
The three main reason's fer successful gambling are; "Discipline", "Discipline" and "DISCIPLINE" !

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2021, 12:41:13 pm »
I think Bob posted regarding Bitcoin:

Fortune
Most Popular

Trump to leave office with the worst jobs record since Herbert Hoover
Stimulus Check-Waiting Mail
Still waiting for your second stimulus check? How to track down your money
Still waiting on your $300 unemployment benefit to start? What you need to know
Trump supporters flock to MeWe, Gab, and Rumble after Parler goes offline
FINANCE BITCOIN
Bitcoin tumbles 20% in worst crash since March
Bitcoin crashed from its recent all-time high of $42,000 as investors took cover.
BY JEFF JOHN ROBERTS
January 11, 2021 10:01 AM EST

The week is off to a bearish start for cryptocurrency as the price of Bitcoin fell nearly $10,000 from its Friday high of nearly $42,000, temporarily ending an unprecedented rally.

On Monday morning, Bitcoin was trading under $33,000—a more than 20% drop from its recent high—while some other cryptocurrencies fell still further.

The fall in crypto value comes amid a broader retreat on Monday for stocks, and a resurgence in the U.S. dollar.

While Bitcoin’s latest price tumble is dramatic in percentage terms, it is well shy of the wipeout that occurred last spring at the outset of the pandemic. In March, the digital currency fell nearly 60% to a low of around $3,800.

This week’s price collapse is also just the latest in Bitcoin’s long history of crashes, which have defined the currency since it launched in 2009. Other notable setbacks include a fall from $29 to $2 in 2011, and the popping of the 2017 bubble, which saw Bitcoin bottom out near $3,000 after hitting a then-record high of nearly $20,000.

The current price retreat does not appear to be tied to a specific event but seems instead the result of a combination of profit-taking and simple financial gravity. Bitcoin first broke $20,000 in December and has since been on a dizzying run that saw it eclipse $40,000 last week.

All of this led Bank of America to speculate that the current Bitcoin run is “the mother of all bubbles.” Other voices of caution include the U.K. financial regulator, FCA, which issued an unusual warning on crypto investments that noted, “If consumers invest in these types of product, they should be prepared to lose all their money.”

The FCA warning did not appear to be directed at Bitcoin but rather at the broader cryptocurrency environment, which has long been marred by fly-by-night companies and outright scams.

This week’s price collapse also seems to have had a knock-on effect on public companies with exposure to crypto prices. These include Riot Blockchain, which builds software for crypto firms, and security firm MicroStrategy, which has bought hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of Bitcoin for its corporate treasury. Shares of the two firms were down over 20% and 10%, respectively, on Monday.

The news is not all bad for crypto fans. Last week, J.P. Morgan predicted the price of Bitcoin could hit $146,000 as more big firms embrace it as an alternative to gold. Meanwhile, longtime bulls—some of whom have likened Bitcoin to the indestructible honey badger—are likely to regard the current price swoon as an inevitable correction rather than an existential.

Show Unread Posts