Author Topic: Just got sent this .  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Just got sent this .
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2021, 04:02:18 pm »
I'd love to be  able to say it wouldn't be like Bobby to get the erm end of the stick but, even so, he didn't just dream it up. Interestingly, the address is spelt correctly like there was someone spelling it out to him.

Current NCT expires 31 March 2021, taxi plate licence expires 6 April 2021. NCT today says my NCT expiry is extended to 31/July 2021. So am I correct in thinking that I can continue on with my taxi plate licence until 6 August 2021, if I so choose, and that the cops are aware of all this?

You will have to renew your SPSV (Vehicle) licence to continue trading beyond April 6. Your NCTS certificate must be issued within 90 days of any LRA.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2021, 04:09:04 pm »
Thanks for the clarification RC, I only half read a lot of NTA related posts unless they apply to me in the moment. I thought the extended NCT might also apply to the LRA, but clearly not.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2021, 04:15:36 pm »
Definitely not. If Bobby's solution isn't holding true I'd suggest getting the test as close to your licence renewal date as possible. Doing it on your suggested date of Feb 24 would create a gap of over a month to bridge next year. It may be worth considering a bit of gaffer tape on an indicator lens - make it look like its holding it on - to induce a free retest. Obviously you can then do the retest a few weeks later and get the later date on the cert... albeit with less comfort time for the LRA.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 04:19:06 pm by Rat Catcher »

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2021, 04:27:36 pm »
Definitely not Bob......all vehicles have had their NCT expiry dates extended by four month...even us mere mortals..but the NTA aren't in it together...nor for turning as the late Maggie Thatcher once pronounced,
You have to do a voluntary test and pick a date close to your current expiry,of course doing that doesn't give you the 90 days you're entitled to so leave a little wiggle room in case you need a retest.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2021, 04:32:18 pm »
I guess it's noteworthy that LRAs are currently conducted free of charge i.e. both the inspection and the licence are free. There are no late renewal fees either but a retest fee (I think it's only €30) applies to retests.

Show Unread Posts