Author Topic: Gordon Elliott banned for one year with six months of the sentence suspended  (Read 7274 times)

Offline Punter

15 k FINE TO BOOT !

john m

Not Bad will miss summer racing .Will Tony Martin take the Licence ?

Offline silverbullet

Not Bad will miss summer racing .Will Tony Martin take the Licence ?
He'll be out in three months!

Offline markmiwurdz

It's losing the horses to other yards is the real penalty.

john m

Patrick Mullins turned down a Pro Licence .Will Frankie or Holly Doyle ride in the Bumper?Powers wouldnt give me odds .

Offline Punter

Maybe Tony but he suffers from all the stress--Joanna Morgan is close by (she's not slow) or maybe Frank Berry he used to have a License, anyway I hope he survives --seldom backed any of his horses but he comes across as a hard grafter and I admire that in any profession !
But the amount of two faced fuckers who appeared in last week is astounding--Davy Russell was a real cute whore--Ruby Walsh ,who rode plenty of winners for him --did a Brutus impression--Mick Fitzgerald not any better ,quing you to get quoted  !

john m

He has to move out of his Gaff cannot enter the yard for Six months ,not sure if he can enter a racecourse either .Wouldnt be surprised if he quits Ireland and goes training flat horses for the Arabs .His ban wouldnt apply in Dubai or the Emirates .

Offline Punter

Is he suspended or warned off ?
Former would mean he could continue to work ,with warned off --not allowed in any reg racing establishment !
Reckon he will head Stateside --couldn't see him in a teetotaler regime --he will return and a few will have targets on their back --interesting what happens the female  ---one thing for sure Mammy will be very unhappy --wonder what  RUK will have to say  !
Remember what Sky did to Kay Burley and Co for their party before Christmas !
Some rag is sure to run a background story and she is fucked !

Offline markmiwurdz

Gordon has said that he won't go to a racecourse for 6 months anyhow to avoid any "situations".

I personally think he'll bounce back to somewhere near where he was as a lot of people are coming around to the fact that it was just a moment of madness and he is a very good trainer other than that.

Offline markmiwurdz

https://www.theirishfield.ie/news-denise-foster-tipped-to-replace-elliott-607124/?fbclid=IwAR1jlvohTm5luUSWzHYa3PW_BbU2iycTnX3-4apfDyxm4jCYynLw9ni4FQk

The highly respected trainer is expected to take over the licence at Cullentra House Stables while Gordon Elliott serves his ban

DENISE ‘Sneezy’ Foster is expected to step in as licensed trainer at Cullentra House Stables while Gordon Elliott is suspended.

A statement confirming her appointment is expected after the weekend but The Irish Field understands that Foster has been informing her owners of the news, and a British Horseracing Authority source also revealed that Foster had made enquiries about having runners at Cheltenham.

Based in Enfield, Co Meath, Foster is held in high regard by her professional colleagues. She trains approximately 20 horses and her most recent winner was Swiss Swoo at Dundalk last month. She saddled Lily’s Rainbow to win a listed race at Navan in 2016 and Not For Burning gave her a winner at the Fairyhouse Winter Festival.

A former riding instructor, she worked with show jumpers in Ireland and Belgium earlier in life. She was married to leading eventer David Foster, who competed in three Olympics before suffering a fatal accident while competing in 1998.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Dubai is one of the Emirates, erm. I don't think they'd welcome riff-raff like Elliott into their horsey set. Might be different If he has a lot of money - in their language, not yours - to invest and wants to reinvent himself as a boxing or soccer promoter.

UAE teetotal regulations don't extend to westerners, punter. There's plenty of (Irish) bars in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi, for example.

Offline silverbullet

Dubai is one of the Emirates, erm. I don't think they'd welcome riff-raff like Elliott into their horsey set. Might be different If he has a lot of money - in their language, not yours - to invest and wants to reinvent himself as a boxing or soccer promoter.

UAE teetotal regulations don't extend to westerners, punter. There's plenty of (Irish) bars in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi, for example.
He's a caveman. Dubai wouldn't let him on their soil, if they had any.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
I guess he's bought a degree of respectability in employing Denise... making a mockery of the so-called regulatory system into the bargain. If he's supposed to be banned his yard should be closed down.

Offline Shallowhal

Think of the jobs lost RC....i'm sure it got a mention in the proceedings,ermy probably has the complete transcript!!

Offline silverbullet

Think of the jobs lost RC....i'm sure it got a mention in the proceedings,ermy probably has the complete transcript!!
From the horse's typewriter.

Show Unread Posts