Author Topic: Gordon Elliott banned for one year with six months of the sentence suspended  (Read 7282 times)

Offline Punter

I was right in my thinking ,according to todays IT --Elliot is allowed to live and work at the stables---so we will see soon enough if he will look for retribution for lack of support--imagine Giggenstown will decide what goes on !

john m

I was right in my thinking ,according to todays IT --Elliot is allowed to live and work at the stables---so we will see soon enough if he will look for retribution for lack of support--imagine Giggenstown will decide what goes on !

Kennedy didnt show any sort of Support neither did Davy .Jockey bookings will say a lot .Those Two Jockeys both owe a huge debt to Elliott after Mick O Leary gave both their P45 .I wonder if Elliott had not of insisted on using Russell would he of ever won a National .Like I said in another post dont think Mullins trusts Townsend so any chance Townsend goes to Elliotts next year ?Dont think there is much truth in the Jonny Boylan Story .Elliott knows who took that Photo dont think Johnny would be allowed into the yard .

Offline Punter

Could understand Kennedy staying stum as his opinion wouldn't carry much weight but Russell was too much of a cute whore --he wasn't so mouthy when he hit the nag a box a few years ago --
Don't know about Townsend, might prefer Mark Walsh, he seems capable while being trusted by JP--
Saw reports that JP was in close contact with the stable all week from Bahamas base--
It was a well constructed pre-packed solution to a nasty situation --now all can move on --except for the bird no sign /mention of her on RUK over w/e !

john m

I think people are beginning to see this whole thing might of been stage managed a bit ,did somebody suggest to Elliott to pose for the pic.He runs a fairly liberal shop unlike Jim Bolger .Did hear some talk of since lockdown that they had a social club on site and Drink and Powder was the order of the day for ALL .I know jockies are tested but what about stable staff who ride out every day .Think Walsh has an agreement with JP just not traveling to the UK for rides during Covid .Walsh and Baby Jonjoe will be retained by JP .Kennedy gave an interview expressing thanks that he retained the Envoi Allen job never said a word about being sorry for the Girl who looked after him or anybody else .Think this story has legs a lot of people must be looking over their shoulders .I was told mid week a Local Meath based trainer was taking over both Mead and Martins names were mentioned so only half the info was right .I never heard of the Woman taking over but hope she gets a decent earner out of it .She cant attend Cheltenham as she has not been accredited a pass and its to late now to apply .What comes around goes around Harry lost all the Potts horses a few years back now he gets good horses .Puppy Power returned from the UK is he being lined up for the Mullins Job or could he go to Elliots .I could be miles wrong about mullins and Townsend but Willy wasent very complimentary over christmas even though Townsend done nothing wrong .

john m

YOU CAN TALK NOW DAVEY YOU KNOW THE OUTCOME

MON, 08 MAR, 2021 - 09:28
COLM O’CONNOR
Top jockey Davy Russell admits his appearance on RTÉ’s Prime Time last week was ‘probably a mistake in hindsight.’ Russell spoke on the programme in defence of his friend Gordon Elliott after an image of the trainer sitting atop a dead horse was released on social media.

Russell - who rode the Elliott trained Tiger Roll to back to back Grand National wins - said he just ‘couldn’t get the words out’ during his interview with Miriam O'Callaghan.

Russell admitted: “If you didn’t see it, I appeared on Prime Time on RTÉ last Tuesday night which was probably a mistake in hindsight.

“I wasn’t going on there to stand up for the photo, I just wanted to stand up for the man. “There had been so much vitriol and hate flying around on social media that I felt I needed to clarify a few things. The reality was that my head was shot to pieces and I wasn’t in a good place having witnessed heartbreaking scenes in the yard only hours earlier.

“I don’t think I’ve ever been more nervous in all my life and I just couldn’t get the words out.

“It will be hard for many of you to empathise, but I was hurting for a friend,” the wrote in a blog for starsports.bet.

Russell also vowed that he will ‘be there’ for Elliott who is now serving a six month ban for bringing the sport into disrepute.

And he also challenged those who are basing their opinions on the trainer on one photograph.

Russell said: “I am better placed than most to tell you a little bit more about Gordon Elliott the man. He is not the animal-hating demon-like figure that so many are sadly painting him out to be. In fact, he is the exact opposite. Horses are his life. He loves them more than any human. He has also been hugely loyal to me in recent years and been there for me throughout the good times and bad times. I have so much to be grateful to him for and I’m proud to be able to call him a friend.

“So much of the success I have had in the saddle is down to Gordon. I have him to thank for a lot of the happiness and stability in my personal life too. He has promised to vindicate the faith all his close supporters have in him and I will be there for him on that long road ahead.

“If you have never visited Cullentra you won’t be aware of the true love and care shown to every horse in the yard – it’s actually been described as a five-star hotel for horses. The attention to detail, care and support is off the charts. Regular racegoers will be aware of how immaculately every horse from the yard is turned out at the races. That’s a fact that mustn’t be lost in all of this.”

The Cork jockey also described the 'heartbreaking' scenes when a number of the stable’s top stars were removed last week by owners: “You must understand that despite the ban handed out by the IHRB on Friday, nothing will compare to the punishment the yard received that day. I cannot get the image of the tears out of my mind as Envoi Allen, a horse of a lifetime, made his way out the yard. It was heartbreaking to watch and there were some members of staff that literally had to be picked up off the floor. To watch so many people’s hard work and dreams start to unravel in the space of hours is one of the toughest things I have ever had to witness.”

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
I suppose Denise is acting as character referee for Elliott. I hope she doesn't come to regret that, regardless of how much he paid her.

Offline Punter

She will betting 10% of everything won along with a good wedge--has to be worth 150k plus -- !

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
I'd say a lot of the blue blood will think she's sold her soul... although she has good pedigree, no doubt about that.

Offline Punter

I see from RP that both Noel Meade and Henrietta Knight both offered evidence/assistance at the enquiry !
Hen would be one of the well respected faces of the turf in Brittan and not associated with any of the major owners who also stood up for him --she definitely stuck her neck out !

john m

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST .

THE partner of disgraced racehorse trainer Gordon Elliott allegedly had a furious row with one of his riders.

TV presenter Kate Harrington had a slanging match in front of shocked onlookers with British blonde Charlotte Crozier at a makeshift bar on the site of Elliott's stables near Dublin in Ireland.

Crozier is said to have shocked onlookers when she allegedly rowed with Harrington at Elliott's yard

Harrington is alleged to have had a 'verbal altercation' with Crozier

Elliott has since been banned from racing for 12 months, with the final six months suspended

Elliott, 43, hosted the party where the row erupted and in an unrelated incident a horrific photo of him sat on a dead horse was leaked.

The three-time Grand National-winning trainer has apologised 'profoundly' for the image, which was taken in 2019.

The Sun can reveal a row erupted between Kate, 31, and Charlotte, who is in her 20s.

The argument is believed to have taken place on February 21.

The two had a 'verbal altercation' in which drinks were apparently spilled.

A source said: "It was a row, a verbal altercation.

"People were stunned to hear it. It's been the talk of the racing world ever since.

"Everybody is talking about it. It's a big deal.

"Gordon's facing so many problems. This row erupted and then the leaked photo."

On Wednesday, Charlotte changed her Facebook profile picture to her and a horse with the caption: "Team GE. #ImBackingGordon."

Elliott has since been banned for 12 months, with the final six months suspended.

The trainer has passed the licence at his yard over to Denise 'Sneeze' Foster, although Elliott was forced to delete a line in the statement announcing the move following a fan backlash.

When approached by The Sun and the altercation was put to her, Charlotte said: "That's not true."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/horseracing/14260205/gordon-elliott-kate-harrington-row/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunsportfacebook070321&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1615115626

« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 10:17:27 pm by john m »

Offline silverbullet

A crozier is a hooky staff... 8)

john m

What would good looking women ever see in a fat Millionaire like Elliott .

Offline silverbullet

What would good looking women ever see in a fat Millionaire like Elliott .
Exactly.
Ever see the photo of Flavio  Briatore from F1 fame?

8)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 10:58:46 pm by silverbullet »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
'An absence of respect' and 'appalling bad taste': The IHRB's full statement on the Gordon Elliott case

https://www.independent.ie/sport/horse-racing/an-absence-of-respect-and-appalling-bad-taste-the-ihrbs-full-statement-on-the-gordon-elliott-case-40174802.html

What did they expect when they licensed him? I hope Denise doesn't come to regret putting her reputation on the line...

Show Unread Posts