Author Topic: Another screen thread  (Read 4033 times)

Offline Wingnut

Re: Another screen thread
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2021, 05:57:26 pm »
I've the Oscars screen as well, it's a proper job. Just waiting on the second vaccine to get back out to work so I can try it out.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2021, 06:10:59 pm »
https://taxishield.ie/

Why doesn't the lad in the picture with the popular make of craft knife just cut the securing straps... 3.14 seconds and he'd have your throat cut?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2021, 06:30:21 pm »

Why doesn't the lad in the picture with the popular make of craft knife just cut the securing straps... 3.14 seconds and he'd have your throat cut?

Cos the jaysus screen would be all over him....try sitting in the back of your joe with the screen on your lap.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2021, 06:32:52 pm »
Does it go to the floor, difficult to see from the screenshots? I can't see anything below chest height bothering any self-respecting scumbag.

john m

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2021, 06:35:49 pm »
Dangerous badly designed piece of shit .Look how proud of the back seat it is sticking out into the door entrance if somebody caught their hand or hip on that getting into your vehicle you could be homeless paying compo .I would think that that screen is impeding the access to the vehicle .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2021, 06:40:02 pm »
It looks well designed, IMO... although it doesn't say how thick the plastic is?

Given that it's marketed as a security screen as well as a sneeze guard one would assume it's considerably better than the Free Now equivalent, which is paper thin. It is pricey but with up to a grand available for vouched restart expenses that's not such a big deal, I guess.

john m

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2021, 06:42:04 pm »
It clearly impedes the entry and exit from the vehicle .In what way is that good design .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2021, 06:44:10 pm »
Slide the seat forward if that's the case.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2021, 07:09:44 pm »
i've a charlie sheen that i got from hailo. i won't strap a yoke to my face. ye don't cover up a face this gorgeous.
if you want to do some driving in the immediate future you'll need some sorta charlie in place or you'll be driven around the bend by the mask and rubber glove brigade. last october will go down in infamy as the worst period of my taxi driving career.
i had to listen to about 10 years worth of bollocks in the space of around 4 weeks. i never thought i'd find myself praying to pick up druggies and dope dealers instead of these fuckin cabbages.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2021, 07:14:59 pm »
I have one and they're extremely well designed and shaped and curved to match the car seats etc,they don't impede fukall but sure John knows it all.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2021, 10:55:10 pm »

Yea I taut bout that ratti ....hal pointed out that if they are cut the screen still becomes an obstacle to attack ....weras without it yu can just get a knifein the neck without warning ...and its also gives yu time to react if that situation arises ....the thing will definitely be a hindrance loose or fitted....you can if you like fitted metal cable ties as an added security and delay ......
Ther only other option is to try pull it back with bare hands which cud cut the hand off them .....an also a heads up on aggression.....
Anyway but

« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 10:58:30 pm by Octavia1 »
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2021, 11:05:24 pm »
I drilled small holes to use cable ties which would be harder to cut from the rear passenger cabin when they're pulled tight as opposed to the fabric straps supplied.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2021, 11:06:07 pm »
It clearly impedes the entry and exit from the vehicle .In what way is that good design .

I've had no complaints or problems john....and my seat is pretty far back in a prius....the car is clearly too small for me considerin I'm a big tall handsome strappin fit up for it wit the ladies ( owlones) 100 percent celt........as regards freenows......I remember seeing ther video of ther screen they made up out of perspex by sum student workin in mount St.....an I actually did piss myself laughing for a few days .......they really haven't a fukin breeze notion wat they on about in ther.....a checkout girl in thriftys wud know better
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2021, 11:14:12 pm »
You're right Octy....the HSA should have been contacted regarding that "how to" video and used as a "how not to....maim someone" educational video.

Show Unread Posts