Author Topic: Wind breaker  (Read 4234 times)

Offline Horse

Wind breaker
« on: August 29, 2021, 01:41:11 pm »
Anyone know where to get one of these things for my back garden? Or even how to make something similar? What materials would one use? Where would you get said materials? What tools would be required for the job? Thanks in advance.

Offline vandriver

Re: Wind breaker
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 05:24:48 pm »
A big van and a forklift.

Offline Horse

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 06:36:45 pm »
It's starting to look that way isn't it vans. 

Offline Horse

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 11:44:44 pm »

Offline silverbullet

Offline Belker

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 10:30:53 pm »
@ Horse, we need a sketch of what you actually need, not that hard to do, write/sketch it, take a photo and post it.

The photo you posted had Guinness symbols on it so most likely Guinness either supplied it or contributed to it and most likely it was not cheap (easily 2 grands worth), but no one cared, Guinness were claiming it back in tax credits and cared little about the cost.

If'n ye tell us exactly what you require Horse, then we can help, "I wanna Windbreaker" is of no use to me.

I and others on here will give you detailed instructions of what to do, but we need to know exactly what it is that you want ?

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 11:15:07 pm »
Stick a plug up your arse , that'll stop the wind
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Horse

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2021, 11:22:53 pm »
@ Horse, we need a sketch of what you actually need, not that hard to do, write/sketch it, take a photo and post it.

The photo you posted had Guinness symbols on it so most likely Guinness either supplied it or contributed to it and most likely it was not cheap (easily 2 grands worth), but no one cared, Guinness were claiming it back in tax credits and cared little about the cost.

If'n ye tell us exactly what you require Horse, then we can help, "I wanna Windbreaker" is of no use to me.

I and others on here will give you detailed instructions of what to do, but we need to know exactly what it is that you want ?

Did ye not look at the link I put up then Ken? It pretty much nails what I want. Thanks anyways for offering to help.

Offline Belker

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2021, 05:10:15 pm »
I did see the link and noticed that the prices START at 950 Euro !

I had another peep at your back garden;

If'n your prepared to pay a few grand then indeed the glass screens option seems to be the best,
but do ya really need it ?

Fer a fraction of that cost you could do a DIY makeshift job fer next to nothing.

Offline Belker

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2021, 05:25:19 pm »

And FFS replace that naff falling apart fencing down the back !

It's not a big deal to do, but requires 2 able bodied men to lift the fencing out and replace (Maybe 3 men if'n all Doobs).
Fencing is usually a standard size, but measure carefully, and you can get new fencing from any DIY shop fer pittance. Call to the DIY store in person and do all your measuring stuff (highly recommended), then order it online to be delivered.

Offline Belker

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2021, 05:47:26 pm »
You could pick up a jigsaw in Woodies fer 30 notes that would cut up the old fencing to be used fer firewood rather than dump it.
https://www.woodies.ie/diy-building-materials/powertools-accessories/saws?saw_type=Jigsaws

But just remember that it is a 30 Euro jigsaw, so do not over exert it.

Offline Horse

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2021, 05:59:02 pm »
I'm gettin a wall built at the back Ken. A dartboard and a canopy with a few heaters and lights and bobs your uncle. But by bit tho. Hopefully by next summer it'll be shaping up a bit more.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2021, 06:21:43 pm »
Saw a sticker for these people on a partition at a local restaurant.
https://awnings.ie/
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Horse

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2021, 06:28:24 pm »
Cheers Bob. I will definitely be in the market for them things. Bit by bit though,  I'm still on the pup for fook sake.

Offline Belker

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2021, 06:41:40 pm »
That all sounds expensive Horse, but if you and yours do intend to use it, then go fer it.

I remember an old mate of mine doing up his house years back, he had a big kitchen and living room and an extension which was supposed to be a gym, after only a few years all the gym equipment had layers of dust on them.
So then he decided to upgrade the kitchen and renovate the extension to a main dining area with a long table + chairs, huge plasma screen and sofa's where all the family could dine.

Firstly he upgraded the kitchen with an island desktop in the middle and high stools + TV in the corner, anytime that I ever called to him he was sat on the high stool at the kitchen island on his laptop or watching TV in the kitchen (his Happy spot), but he still renovated the Gym extension at huge cost to a Dining room and most likely today that has more dust on it than the old Gym.

I'm just saying Horse that if'n your gonna be paying big bobs then make sure that somebody will actually use it.

Show Unread Posts