Author Topic: Do some taxi drivers not know how extras work?  (Read 1746 times)

Offline taxi1990

Do some taxi drivers not know how extras work?
« on: June 16, 2022, 11:54:47 am »
I know taxi drivers who still charge for luggage and have been in taxis where they charge for 1 toddler and charge 2 extra for 2 passengers, charge 1 euro extra for carrying a dog etc. Do they not know the extra charges or are they so desperate for 1 euro extra?

Offline Belker

Re: Do some taxi drivers not know how extras work?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 01:34:04 pm »
Could you just imagine the embarrasement if a customer caught you charging a Euro extra ?

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 01:43:52 pm »
I know taxi drivers who still charge for luggage and have been in taxis where they charge for 1 toddler and charge 2 extra for 2 passengers, charge 1 euro extra for carrying a dog etc. Do they not know the extra charges or are they so desperate for 1 euro extra?
A guy in Dublin charged for a briefcase and a plastic bag with two cans of cider in, a euro each. I was told by a mate who paid at the end. 40545 John O'Connor, lives on Larkhill Road, never forgot the cunt. My pal paid him and just said "I know you're robbing me of €2 and you're just a petty opportunist but you obviously need it ya rat".

Let's hope he's unwell. 8)

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2022, 02:29:34 pm »
Myself and a Friend of mine got into a 5axi one night in Dublin, he put 2 euro extra on. I said what is the 2 for? He said oh sorry that should be 1 and changed it. The fare was around 11:40, I gave him 12 but would have given him 15 if he didn't add the euro he wasn't supposed to.

Someone told me in some countries they charge you for opening the door for them.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2022, 02:31:40 pm »
i've often stuck two extra on by accident pickin yokes up off the street on account of doing so many freenow pickups.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2022, 02:38:11 pm »
i've often stuck two extra on by accident pickin yokes up off the street on account of doing so many freenow pickups.
+1

I've often undercharged by a euro thinking there's only two in the back, when in fact there's three and one was just very quiet, or small.

Offline Belker

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2022, 02:52:29 pm »
Done that myself a few times but I always say it to the customer that I was a bit over enthusuastic with the extras button and it should be whatever and that is all they will be charged.

Offline watty

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2022, 03:07:46 pm »
@ taxi1990 - you should hang around with a better class of people... like drug dealers or promising footballers  O:-)

Offline vandriver

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2022, 03:16:21 pm »
I know you can charge €1 per 2 kids,but does anyone actually charge it?

Offline Belker

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2022, 03:37:05 pm »
I know you can charge €1 per 2 kids,but does anyone actually charge it?
I used not to back in the cash days, but most customers are on card these days and don't give a Fiddlers what the fare is (within reason) so I always put on all the legal extras on account jobs.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2022, 04:21:25 pm »
About 15 years ago got a cab from Ballsbridge home, and he added some extras. When he pulled up at my place he obviously saw the cab, and when I paid him, telling him that he would have got a decent tip if he hadn't overcharged me, he stuttered and said that he was compensating, as he hadn't got his meter reprogrammed yet for the recent fare increase. There had been a fare increase, but he still didn't get the tip.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Mytaxi007

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2022, 04:43:46 pm »
I never charge for kids..

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2022, 09:15:07 pm »

If you have a crash with a woman and her 2 kids as your passengers there will be 3 claims against your insurance or whoever caused it,charge your extras,you're entitled to it FFS.  ::fds ::fds

Offline Mytaxi007

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2022, 09:57:58 pm »

If you have a crash with a woman and her 2 kids as your passengers there will be 3 claims against your insurance or whoever caused it,charge your extras,you're entitled to it FFS.  ::fds ::fds

Sorry pal but a crash and a claim has noting to do with my preference for not charging for kids...a poxy euro...would ya get fucked

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2022, 09:58:56 pm »

Sorry pal but a crash and a claim has noting to do with my preference for not charging for kids...a poxy euro...would ya get fucked

You can't fix stupid...

Show Unread Posts