Author Topic: Here is the real agenda  (Read 3576 times)

Offline John m

Re: Here is the real agenda
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2022, 06:10:27 pm »
https://www.nationaltransport.ie/taxi/driver-licensing/applying-for-an-spsv-driver-licence/

4. who are confirmed by An Garda Síochána to be suitable persons to hold SPSV driver licences after a vetting process

Its different in cork ?
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Malone

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2022, 06:15:07 pm »
https://www.nationaltransport.ie/taxi/driver-licensing/applying-for-an-spsv-driver-licence/

4. who are confirmed by An Garda Síochána to be suitable persons to hold SPSV driver licences after a vetting process

Its different in cork ?

Is that a question or a statement ? Just curious

Offline John m

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2022, 06:49:22 pm »

Its different in cork ?

Either or Tarmac .Ken says they dont bother garda vetting in Cork and I assume he knows or he wouldnt of posted that .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Malone

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2022, 06:58:22 pm »

Its different in cork ?

Either or Tarmac .Ken says they dont bother garda vetting in Cork and I assume he knows or he wouldnt of posted that .

I would like to think the process for vetting is the same for all entrants or else that could open a can of worms can you imagine there was a more relaxed process in some counties and it came to light there was more murders and rapes due to incompetent vetting procedures.

Offline John m

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2022, 07:09:39 pm »
I was going to do the Driver Instructor with the Rodent took me two months to be Garda Vetted .I think when you renew your Taxi licence they update your Garda vetting .5  years is a long time to get into trouble .If it turned out you had a kiddy fiddling conviction and had your licence renewed the Garda would have questions to answer .

Offline Belker

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2022, 04:26:06 pm »

What Garda vetting means fer ordinary Taxi drivers is they have a look at your file to see if you have any rape or murder convictions. I would call that Certification rather than Vetting.

Did anyone on here (ordinary Taxi driver) ever do this vetting process ?

Garda vetting fer Special needs Taxi work requires a full list of every home that you have ever lived in.
Details of all your siblings and yourself.
FULL details of any Garda involvement or any court appearance.
And the Gardai do check in detail, I left out 1 minor court case by total accident (even though I won the case) and they rang me to ask about it.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2022, 05:41:07 pm »
Belker by your logic you can get a PSV licence if you're a kiddy fiddler but not if you've been convicted of rape or murder.We carry vunerable people all the time from all age groups.How is rape or murder not as serious as what the fiddlers do?

There's just one vetting process AFAIk.You may have been vetted twice but there aren't two levels.

Offline Belker

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2022, 06:06:11 pm »
Belker by your logic you can get a PSV licence if you're a kiddy fiddler but not if you've been convicted of rape or murder.We carry vunerable people all the time from all age groups.How is rape or murder not as serious as what the fiddlers do?

There's just one vetting process AFAIk.You may have been vetted twice but there aren't two levels.
Tell us MFH ?  How were you vetted fer your Taxi licence ?

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2022, 06:14:03 pm »
The cops took my details on a form I filled out.I don't remember exactly what was involved.They do have to do some background checks on everyone as much as they can but they wouldn't be allowing a convicted fiddler drive the public around.

Offline Belker

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2022, 06:33:21 pm »
The cops took my details on a form I filled out.I don't remember exactly what was involved.They do have to do some background checks on everyone as much as they can but they wouldn't be allowing a convicted fiddler drive the public around.
Your picking at straws MFH.

What I am saying is there is no real proper Garda vetting process, they prob have a peep at your file to make sure you have no outstanding or serious previous, but that's about it. Nothing like the serious Garda vetting you get to drive special needs children.

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2022, 06:47:13 pm »
I dunno Belker.. what's so different about driving vulnerable old people and drunk vunerable young people around and special needs around.You haven't been given any extra training from what I can tell.You're babysitting in all scenarios.You're in a position of trust in all situations.

Maybe when you applied for the CIE job they did a final check to check you were still clean since you got your PSV vetting?

Offline watty

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2022, 07:09:49 pm »
Maybe you both got vetted but only as much as the Gardai felt needed doing.  In Dublin, the carriage office does it for hundreds of drivers and it's probably pretty automated.  In rural areas, it might be a bit more personalised and involved and they might even know the applicant.

Maybe most taxi drivers have pretty boring lives - they just grew up in the their parent's house, moved into a bedsit for a few years before they got married and bought a house and had 2.4 children.  There's not much vetting you can do on that!

But if you were lived in a foreign country and got your start in a cash business like betting (colourful characters), maybe there's a bit more digging to be done on that?

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2022, 07:16:36 pm »
I think I had to put previous addresses down on my PSV but nothing about family members.I dunno why that would be relevant anyway.

I suppose the older ye are the more they have to look through.

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2022, 11:10:02 am »
Still dont know,what the REAL agenda is after reading all that ?
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Show Unread Posts