Author Topic: When is enough not enough (get a gun )  (Read 1625 times)

Offline John m

When is enough not enough (get a gun )
« on: July 08, 2022, 09:52:26 am »
One of the country’s biggest “cuckoo fund” landlords is planning to demand double-digit rent increases on its properties despite a growing squeeze on incomes.

US real estate group Greystar, which has bought more than 600 units in Dublin since 2019 and is on the hunt for more, already charges prices as high as €5,220 per month for three-bed apartments and is now looking for even more money.

The company has just raised a €1.55bn fund to snap up new homes in its core European markets, including Ireland, to take advantage of surging rents and protect its returns from record inflation.

But tenants will get no such protection, as the corporate landlord intends to jack up prices to match runaway increases in consumer prices, which are expected to top 10pc this month.

Greystar senior managing director for Europe Mark Allnut told the Financial Times that even a slowing economy would not stop the company from putting up rents in line with inflation, because of “chronic undersupply”.

That means the cost of renting could continue to climb by double digits, even as house price increases are slowing.

It will spark fears that other “cuckoo fund” landlords will follow suit, as they have investors to satisfy.

Recently it was estimated that cuckoo funds own more than 15,000 homes in Ireland, making them a huge player in our residential property market.

Mr Allnut said residential property was seen as an inflation hedge for the investors backing his fund, which attracted far more interest than its original €1bn target amount amid huge post-pandemic appetite to buy into European housing. The company said the fund would focus on the acquisition and development of rental apartments, student housing and co-living developments “where a growing cohort of renters face... a significant undersupply of quality
housing”.

Greystar has already committed nearly €1bn of the fund and has another €550m to spend across its core markets in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Austria and France.

The South Carolina-based firm acquired the 342-unit Griffith Wood development from Cairn Homes last year and has owned Dublin Landings, a 268-unit apartment complex on North Wall Quay, since 2019.

It has €8bn in assets under management across Europe and has the financial firepower to make major impacts in local markets by buying large amounts of stock. The new fund has already bought 11,000 homes in six countries.

Its Dublin rental units are among the most expensive in the capital, with prices ranging from €2,140 for a one-bed apartment in Griffith Wood, Drumcondra, to €5,220 for a three-bed duplex in the luxury Quayside Quarter
development.

The company was also revealed on RTÉ’s Liveline to be charging an extra €75 per month in pet rent – above its already market-leading prices – on a per-animal basis.

AND NOBODY PROTESTS THE GOVERNMENT ALLOW THIS .Big Dommos sister had Rats in her flat and sued the Council .If you had rats in these Gaffs you need to pay rent for them .GET A GUN .

All of Greystar’s properties are located in rent pressure zones, meaning current tenants theoretically face maximum increases of 2pc.

However, the rules allow landlords to roll up multiple backdated rent hikes in one go if the rent has stayed the same for several years.

Rents on new units are unaffected by any rent caps and owners are free to set the price according to the market.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 09:59:37 am by John m »
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline John m

Re: When is enough not enough (get a gun )
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 11:21:15 am »
The most dangerous Group (Mr Allnut said residential property was seen as an inflation hedge for the investors backing his fund, which attracted far more interest than its original €1bn target amount amid huge post-pandemic appetite to buy into European housing. The company said the fund would focus on the acquisition and development of rental apartments, Student Housing and co-living developments “where a growing cohort of renters face... a significant undersupply of quality
housing”.

The fire Pyramid Farmers told they need to Cut emissions and shoot cattle .Students with college places and no where to pitch their tent .Back to school new books uniforms Voluntary school contributions .If Farmers or Truckers or Students protest on their own nobody gives either of their Fucks BUT most students looking for accomodation in Dublin will be from Rural backgrounds daddy probably a farmer .If Farmers and Students decide to protest we are in for exciting times .Vote of Confidence in Government next week should pass TDs dont want to be out electioneering during their Two months Paid Holidays but Paggo and Young Mick from Cork might struggle to get the budget passed .Nobody can afford these rents .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 11:34:32 am »
Joe Public has not got a shirt on his back (got a loan of one)  and soon his boxer shorts will be eaten away by the Vultures.The Government are trowing  pigeon food to the hungry Vultures to make them stronger.   Is this a dream? ::)
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline John m

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 11:53:20 am »
Joe Public has not got a shirt on his back (got a loan of one)  and soon his boxer shorts will be eaten away by the Vultures.The Government are trowing  pigeon food to the hungry Vultures to make them stronger.   Is this a dream? ::)

No Coola FG in power for 14 years have left the Cupboard Old Mother Hubbard .A few FFers see the writing on the wall SF is the Party they wanted to be or once were .NAMA moved Irish investors out and overseas ones in .My prediction of British Soldiers on the Streets of Britain Shooting British Subjects is a serious one especially if somebody with a non Protestant's Name becomes Prime Minister .Now I would add Garda Public order units /Riot Squad will be called upon in September  .Young Students are disappointed getting offered 11 Euro an hour in Amazon or Peppa Pig Pizza Parlour on non fixed contracts and they all have worthless business degrees .Talking to an Indian Lad last week doing a Masters in Business running a Spar Shop where he is Staff so dosent get paid for overtime and has to cover shifts if somebody does not turn in unwaged .He shares a room with 4 others .He was complaining that he had to take a taxi as his bike was stolen and he would be late if he walked .Coola the promise that was made to kids to get a Degree and a Good Job is all a bottle of Smoke .They feel cheated 4 years in Trinners part time job and emptied mammy and daddys savings for what ?None of the lads around my way driving Beamers have a degree ?Seen Big Dommos mate Nollie walking up Cork Street the other day stopped to drop him home .I asked were you in Lidil he said Dont go there anymore since they doubled the price of the Cheap Lidil Cider .Nobody has gone unscarred by Paggo and the Green agenda .And the match to ignite the lot mortgage interest rates increasing twice in 3 months and a Promise of another increase in December .
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 12:07:35 pm by John m »

Offline John m

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2022, 12:29:16 pm »
Give this a listen .Its worth your time .

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2022, 02:16:45 pm »
Griffith Wood is in Marino...located right beside the Marino Institute Of Education but sold as Drumcondra, because culchies know Drumcondra.

As for the flats in the docks? I foresee a situation where - just as PCP on cars - the flats are rented for the first three to five years while the owner makes back his investment plus 30% and sells them to gulls and to the government for social housing.

I wish I had enough money to launder! 8)

Online Bob Shillin

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2022, 04:48:06 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S0CpfPQAoM
Wonderful to have such a fit mind at 98.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline John m

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2022, 10:03:13 am »

The Bit I liked was when he said Standard of living has gone up over 600% in the last 100 years but stood still for hundreds of years before that and now we work on Envy The Rolex and BMW generation never appreciating what we have but striving for what we want not what we need .I would add to his list of wastefullness along with the useless Rolex that tells the exact same time as a Casio .University Degrees are worn like a Nike or Le Coste brand and equally as worthless .Kids and Parents being fooled into thinking a third level Degree is a gateway to a bright future .If you had a Desmond in English and Business you are qualified to take orders and make change in the Roundy Q or Mickey Ds.I love listening to Paggo or young Mick from Cork when he says we have a well educated workforce he means waitresses and barmen with third level education .I picked up a young lad last night out of College done Journalism and Photography for 3 years .I asked was he a Member of the National Union of Journalists he said he never heard of them .What are they teaching these kids in college ?Most Editors will not accept submissions or pieces from non members .Its a bit like having a driving licence to drive .You think about what he was saying Robbie The Stockmarket is febrile not for the weakhearted 9% a year profit is astronomical over a lifetime .The image we have of Success is Big Dommos Grankids all driving big motors wearing branded toggs flashing the cash while waiting on the flash of a Gun Barrell .That risk seems to be acceptable now amongst the young .There are areas I work where I ask Myself are we becoming a Narco State ?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 10:13:00 am by John m »

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2022, 02:48:19 pm »

The Bit I liked was when he said Standard of living has gone up over 600% in the last 100 years but stood still for hundreds of years before that and now we work on Envy The Rolex and BMW generation never appreciating what we have but striving for what we want not what we need .I would add to his list of wastefullness along with the useless Rolex that tells the exact same time as a Casio .University Degrees are worn like a Nike or Le Coste brand and equally as worthless .Kids and Parents being fooled into thinking a third level Degree is a gateway to a bright future .If you had a Desmond in English and Business you are qualified to take orders and make change in the Roundy Q or Mickey Ds.I love listening to Paggo or young Mick from Cork when he says we have a well educated workforce he means waitresses and barmen with third level education .I picked up a young lad last night out of College done Journalism and Photography for 3 years .I asked was he a Member of the National Union of Journalists he said he never heard of them .What are they teaching these kids in college ?Most Editors will not accept submissions or pieces from non members .Its a bit like having a driving licence to drive .You think about what he was saying Robbie The Stockmarket is febrile not for the weakhearted 9% a year profit is astronomical over a lifetime .The image we have of Success is Big Dommos Grankids all driving big motors wearing branded toggs flashing the cash while waiting on the flash of a Gun Barrell .That risk seems to be acceptable now amongst the young .There are areas I work where I ask Myself are we becoming a Narco State ?

“Governments don't want a population capable of critical thinking, they want obedient workers, people just smart enough to run the machines and just dumb enough to passively accept their situation.”

― George Carlin

Online Bob Shillin

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2022, 04:27:39 pm »
"The Stockmarket is febrile not for the weakhearted 9% a year profit is astronomical over a lifetime"
Buffet and Munger have been doing 20% pa since Methuselah was a boy.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2022, 10:16:04 pm »
"The Stockmarket is febrile not for the weakhearted 9% a year profit is astronomical over a lifetime"
buffet lost a packet on irish banks ....ther not infallible.....he's a mean  owld scrooge according to his daughter he wouldn't spend Christmas...
Probly a form of mental illness ....
That other owlfellas is the same ide say ...
Ther anti crypto ....they know they won't be around to see it ...
Poor cnuts  oops
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Malone

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2022, 11:26:22 pm »
buffet lost a packet on irish banks ....ther not infallible.....he's a mean  owld scrooge according to his daughter he wouldn't spend Christmas...
Poor cnuts  oops

There's a few on here that won't be round long enuf as well.

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2022, 02:21:22 am »
A hear!!! Leavith outh!
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Online Bob Shillin

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2022, 05:48:25 am »
Poor cnuts  oops
Funny that, she's the one given the responsibility for giving his money away in her philanthropic foundation funded by the $1billion dollars in shares which he gave her, having once refused her a home improvement loan to encourage  his children to be financially independent. You might have meant his son Peter's adopted daughter Nicole whom he disowned following her participation in a documentary "The One Percent".

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2022, 07:52:33 am »
Poor cnuts  oops
Funny that, she's the one given the responsibility for giving his money away in her philanthropic foundation funded by the $1billion dollars in shares which he gave her, having once refused her a home improvement loan to encourage  his children to be financially independent. You might have meant his son Peter's adopted daughter Nicole whom he disowned following her participation in a documentary "The One Percent".

I seen a documentary  or sumtin yers ago ....he was after havin a row wit her ...an she was callin him a mean owl cnut .......
 ya can read between the lines .......
 he disowned and disinherited his  adopted granddaughter cause of sumtin she said ....not very nice ..
Ide say thr rest them know to keep ther mouths shut  or the bank account be blocked .....he was driving a 20 yer old banger an livin in an ex council house or somethin ....if it wer me ide be livin in graceland if I was  one the richest men on the planet ...its all weird ...probly collects coupons aswell
Anyway I've seen the 2 them owlfwllas on YouTube an I just
Don't like them ....they giv me the shivers ... at 90 yu shud just retire an buy a mansion wit a pool an shut up tellin the world how great yu are
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 07:55:14 am by Octavia1 »
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Show Unread Posts