Author Topic: Summoned to the Depot  (Read 74684 times)

Offline Belker

Re: Summoned to the Depot
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2017, 07:10:08 pm »
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I have spoken with both Tim (our GM) and Fiona (Operations Manager) on your issues and they have suggested that you call into here in Mount Street to discuss the points you raise above.

Can you let me know some times/dates that would suit so I can put a time in the diary for you?

Regards,

Be sure ur 'Packing' when you go in and sit with your back to the wall !

It might also be a good idea to bring a Minder with you.
El Tonio from BallyFookinFermot would be my choice,
he dosen't strike me as the 'Take prisoners' type !
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 07:15:40 pm by Belker »

Offline Frank d sociopath

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2017, 10:00:45 am »
Fukkin kumplient dizkouintin skum nall

Frankie ::fds
Ifn i don knowz ya den fuk ya

john m

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2017, 11:45:00 am »
Rodent if they are continuing on from Hailo ask about my 40 notes .

Inform them about diminishing impact through time wasting eg .At peak time the allocation of free 5 minutes waiting time is an encumbrance to profit  and job completions .If a driver covers two Peak time jobs per hour he can lose up to 10 minutes in free waiting time this represents a 1/6 inefficiency rate multiply that out over the amount of drivers stupid enough to drive through peak time traffic for a free PUC it represents thousands in lost commission per day .

Tell them to Reintroduce the PUC and reduce waiting time to 3 minutes at Peak time. ,with the waiting time reduction to apply at all times .By reintroducing the PUC at Peak demand they are going to get more drivers to cover the work and promote their brand  setting the train in motion for the total reintroduction of the PUC in future as passengers refamiliarize  them selves with the fare card .

This change should encourage drivers and My taxi should see an uptake in job acceptance by drivers at peak times .Its simple Market economics  Free waiting time and no PUC is preventing drivers from making money for Mytaxi /Hailo .

Their No PUC Free waiting time is impacting on their bottom line ...simple as .

P.S. If you want somebody to come with you tell them I will and I will weigh my fee as long as they Pre pay me my 40 yoyo bonus .
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 11:52:59 am by john m »

Online Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2017, 12:26:03 pm »
The firm's stated objectives are to cover 25% of it's taxi fares with autonomous vehicles within 9.37 years and to introduce a variable commission rate with human drivers paying higher rates during "off peak" periods.

The move to autonomous vehicles is a strategic objective. Daimler needs to secure it's place in the future of the motor trade. From our perspective as taxi drivers it's choosing to leave Hail0 executives in charge of mytaxi is a good thing as it reduces it's chances of achieving any goals it's set. Hail0 has a global track record of failure, Dublin being the exception that financed the rest. At executive level it lacks the kind of young, enthusiastic, energetic, (social) media aware, technically literate leadership one would expect to find in a new economy tech firm. The fact that the CEO considers his most valuable resource to be the data his development team freely shares with his main competitors via Google APIs pretty much sums up it's chances of success in the long term. Firms like Google and Apple are being generous to mytaxi et al in providing access to powerful software free of charge and not pursuing commission on income generated by applications distributed by their toy shops. Those firms aren't noted for their generosity, they're thinking well beyond the next fiver.

Introducing variable rates of commission is a tactical objective. In fact, at corporate level it's more a motivational tool than anything else, aimed at focussing middle management on gaining sufficient control of the markets it operates in. In Dublin, for example, drivers have relinquished control of 30-40% of their customers to mytaxi. Getting that figure past 50% is probably key to introducing variable commission with rates of up to 30%. To do that the firm seems to have concluded that it needs more taxis offering discounts of up to 36%.

I very much doubt that the firm will want to discuss it's strategies and tactics with a customer/taxi driver. It's not something I'd introduce to any discussion. As MfH and Ken allude to, they may well just be calling me in to sack me. I'll not be leaving in tears, in any event!

john m

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2017, 12:40:16 pm »
If they are sacking ya .Ask about me 40 notes Ill even spend it with ya on burgers and Porter .When are you going in Ill meet up with ya for pints might even organize a sub committee meeting of the now defunct Elbow Benders .

Online Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2017, 12:49:16 pm »
I'm not sure that it'd be appropriate for me to discuss specific dealings with another customer. General dealings that "divide and conquer" are fair game, I guess. I believe some drivers get double fare for covering peak jobs, for example.

john m

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2017, 12:52:18 pm »
Is it true they are commission free for WATs.

Online Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2017, 12:57:45 pm »
There's an option on the job help screen to reclaim commission on WAV jobs. I don't know if that only applies to wheelchair jobs or all jobs covered by WAVs. One has to question why they need all these cumbersome manual inputs to an automated system.

Another relevant example is the development team spending it's time redesigning the fare input screen to facilitate tolls. There aren't many tolls in Ireland, why didn't they just geofence them and automate their addition to fares like Uber?

john m

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2017, 01:03:00 pm »
The Tec team are still trying to master Snake and Tetrix I hear an unconfirmed rumor the top tec lad there still fills the kettle through the spout he hasent worked out yet that you can lift the lid .

Online Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2017, 01:04:40 pm »
He certainly hasn't spent any time driving a motor car. I guess he's focussed on the introduction of autonomous vehicles.

john m

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2017, 01:11:59 pm »
Are we going on the piss the day you go in ? A mighty warrior like yourself should be able to come out of there with two scores in your hand and declare Peace In Our Time I got the Erms BoBo .You might even be able to get some of that nice Yellow stickey tape for your car off of them .

Online Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2017, 01:19:11 pm »
I guess it's a while since we've had an earlybird Steak and Chips up above in Dublin and word on the street is that you need to gain a few stone.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2017, 01:48:54 pm »
It's a real chicken and egg situation regarding who is most important to this crowd,no customers = no dosh for them,no drivers = no dosh for them,but the carrot stuff is all diverted towards the customer and the driver gets the stick up his jocksy.

If they sack you sue them for unfair dismissal Rat...

Online Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2017, 03:28:04 pm »
It's strategic plan is to sack us all. Fortunately, I'm not dependent on the firm for work so should it decide to terminate our contract I won't lose any sleep.

Online Taxi driver42

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2017, 04:43:21 am »
If they are calling into office all the way from balbriggan at least put 2euro on its too far to mount st with no puc

Show Unread Posts