Author Topic: Hospitality Pick up charge  (Read 8672 times)

john m

Hospitality Pick up charge
« on: September 09, 2017, 09:42:25 am »
Got this from another location but it is something I never considered before
 You do a Pick up at a Hospitality venue and add the two Euro to the fare  Eg Fare 8.00 + PUC 2.00 Total 10.00
Now the Question .......Do you pay commission on the whole 10.00 ie 1.20 when your Liability @12% on your share of the fare should only be 96 cent .Or for those of you who like the simple version ....are drivers paying 24 cent of their money on top of the two euro they are collecting for the kickback to the hotels .

Online mercenary for hire

Re: Hospitality Pick up charge
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 09:51:00 am »
I think they said the 2 quid wouldn't be charged 12% but I haven't opened a statement in months to check.

john m

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 09:58:02 am »
I think they said the 2 quid wouldn't be charged 12% but I haven't opened a statement in months to check.

The ultimate insult to drivers if they expect us to pay a commission on money we dont get .I think I might have to Visit the Dungeon meself some time .If they thought Huricane Irma is bad  rofl rofl rofl

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 10:30:17 am »
Don't sweat the small stuff.

john m

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 10:53:31 am »
Don't sweat the small stuff.

Not really correct ,the farmer frets over the seed he cant do much about the crop the important part is the seed .The small stuff usually sets the seed for the big stuff .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 10:54:45 am »
Worrying about the condom before you have the 4 by 3 at your disposal is futile.

john m

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 10:56:42 am »
Worrying about the condom before you have the 4 by 3 at your disposal is futile.

Your so old fashioned its not all about the 4by3 in this Rainbow Nation

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 11:45:24 am »
It's appeared both ways on Statements in my experience.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 12:07:37 pm »
I'm sure that it was also resolved on the other location.

My taxi take the €2 from you. You pay 100% commission on the Hospitality charge which mytaxi give to the hotel which came from the person  who the taxi was ordered for

john m

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 12:12:44 pm »

My taxi take the €2 from you. You pay 100% commission on the Hospitality charge which mytaxi give to the hotel which came from the person  who the taxi was ordered for

So you pay commission on money that was never intended by the App provider to be yours ?I wonder do hotels actually show a figure in their audited returns for such gratuities ?

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 12:15:59 pm »

So you pay commission on money that was never intended by the App provider to be yours ?I wonder do hotels actually show a figure in their audited returns for such gratuities ?
Last time I asked a hotel that I was summoned to the dungeons

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 12:24:15 pm »
I had one on my statement this week....they charge the commission on the entire fare (€8+€2=€10)then they refund you the commission on the hospitality part of the fare,this is shown on the Invoice PDF that you receive weekly.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 12:29:39 pm »
I had one on my statement this week....they charge the commission on the entire fare (€8+€2=€10)then they refund you the commission on the hospitality part of the fare,this is shown on the Invoice PDF that you receive weekly.

You'd swear with their tech savvy idiots in there that they would be able to create an algorithm that does away with all that rigmarole of taking commission, and then refunding the commission. The system knows you got a hospitality job as it says it on the screen.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2017, 12:33:44 pm »
Indeed Vikkiz,
I'm just glad i don't have to provide all these statements to my accountant....i just record what lands in my bank account and pay tax on said amount.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2017, 12:38:13 pm »
A horse built by committee... Hail0 developers were kept on for a defined period to get their requirements integrated by the existing mytaxi team. TBH, I reckon Hail0's team woulda realised from minute one of day one that they both teams were being asked to develop sh!te. If they had any professional commitment to doing the job properly they woulda made it clear that a new major release was required, written from scratch.

Show Unread Posts