Author Topic: The thin blue line..  (Read 8356 times)

Offline Mr Molloy

• Valued Contributor
The thin blue line..
« on: October 02, 2017, 09:05:30 am »
Just wondering if anyone else has lost the blue line navigation assistance on the mytaxi app map. It stopped working on my phone on Saturday, I deleted and redownloaded the app, but no joy, is it just my phone or has anyone else noticed it gone from theirs?

john m

Re: The thin blue line..
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 09:18:19 am »
No it dissapears just hit the Navigate Lozeng on the screen and it will default to Google Maps takes a few seconds .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 10:38:26 am »
It's not always acurate though....dropped off at Newlands cross on Saturday then on the way back got a pick up in Louis Fitz hotel Naas road.not having worked around there in years I stupidly followed the blue line and it brought be about half a mile past the little entrance to the hotel then down a laneway that led to a no entry sign.I couldn't get back.No proper number to phone the passenger so had to cancel the job.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 11:25:55 am »
The blue line comes and goes. When it goes it seems to go for several jobs at a time which suggests that Google's flood limits are being hit. The mytaxi app passes latitude and longitude to the Google Navigation app when you press the ridiculously oversized Navigate button. For the most part this works well but sometimes the coordinates are at the back of a premises so you may be directed to a road/lane behind the address you want. Passing the eircode or text address, where available, would solve that.

Both of these issues featured on a feedback list I discussed with mytaxi. I was told they are working on pretty much everything on that list, obviously with varying degrees of priority. I posted the list here: https://intaxi.org/forum/index.php?topic=7995.msg51483#msg51483

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 11:29:41 am »
Very annoying the way the map just zooms back to the driver location....i know where the fuk i am....i need to see exactly where the customer is if a proper address isn't shown...and even then they're not actually at that address....most times i have to hit the navigate icon to see where they are.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 11:37:36 am »
I've never had that problem. Sometimes it zooms in too much, leaving the pick up flag off screen, as I drive to a job but it's rare enough. What view options do you have checked in settings?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 12:23:39 pm »
I've never had that problem. Sometimes it zooms in too much, leaving the pick up flag off screen, as I drive to a job but it's rare enough. What view options do you have checked in settings?

Any options that are available....navigation,3D.

Offline Tony

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 12:51:20 pm »
Sorry but I you need a sat nav to find the Louie Fitzgerald hotel from newlands cross then it's not mytaxi that has an issu.....just saying isall...
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 01:06:20 pm »
Do you know where the entrance is Tony?It's actually a narrow laneway to the left if the petrol station but being on a one way system if you've gone by it's too late.Hotel is easy to spot because it's a fukkin hotel.

Offline SClass

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 01:29:37 pm »
Sorry but I you need a sat nav to find the Louie Fitzgerald hotel from newlands cross then it's not mytaxi that has an issu.....just saying isall...

Thanks again Tony for your help coming to the rescue.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 01:33:26 pm »
Try unchecking 3D, Hal.

Offline Tony

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 01:44:13 pm »

No problem Eclass, I'm always here to help a fellow worker
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Tony

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2017, 01:46:33 pm »
Do you know where the entrance is Tony?It's actually a narrow laneway to the left if the petrol station but being on a one way system if you've gone by it's too late.Hotel is easy to spot because it's a fukkin hotel.

The entrance is between Joel's and the (think is an esso ) petrol station

It's not that hard to find, but I suppose if yer racing to get there it's easy to pass by
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2017, 01:47:36 pm »

He hasn't been the same since he dropped "exotic dancer" from his handle!!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 01:48:39 pm »
Try unchecking 3D, Hal.

Cheers...i'll try it later....or tomorrow!!

Show Unread Posts