Author Topic: TIM ARNOLD ON THE MOVE  (Read 19252 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: TIM ARNOLD ON THE MOVE
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2017, 12:26:02 pm »
He's been fukking over Irish taxi drivers for years.The next shitebag will be trying to do the same.We've been asking for the PUC to be returned for YEARS and they only started listening when taxis got too busy to bother working the app.It's complete nonsense for Mytaxi to be patting him on the back when all he did recently was listen to us for the first time.Fuk him and Renault they're dirt anyway.

I suppose he realises now that the 75% pass rate on the taxi test isn't gonna make much difference on the streets considering the rate the economy is growing.Maybe he thought he could make a difference but now realises he's not gonna perform any miracles in the next 5 years.The longer he stays at Mytaxi ruining the brand the more damage he does to his career.Selfish move.Nothing else.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2017, 05:12:07 pm »
I don't see it that way at all, Ken. Obviously, there are areas of conflict between Daimler/mytaxi and taxi drivers. I have never suggested that we ought to support mytaxi to the exclusion of all others or that we should all become mytaxi ambassadors. However, I have suggested that mytaxi is a firm we can work with as our trade evolves. That environment was created by Tim and his team and I'm sure he is proud of all he has achieved during his time with the firm. I've already sent him a message of congratulations and I wish him well as his career progresses. He'll be difficult to replace, having overcome significant challenges to achieve remarkable growth but he will be replaced.

Part of working with mytaxi, or any other multinational, involves accepting that change is inevitable and recognising compromise as a necessity in promoting or safeguarding the future of our trade. Hopefully Tim's successor will appreciate the value of engaging with drivers as well as other stakeholders. Maybe Fiona (Senior Operations Manager) will throw her hat in the ring. For the erm's benefit, Fiona probably knows more about public transport than Tim and all of us put together!

john m

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2017, 05:16:30 pm »
You applying ? They have my CV from years ago .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2017, 05:38:37 pm »
No. It's not a job for a taxi driver.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2017, 09:10:23 am »

More likely is that the long term view is to replace man altogether, and if the forum for wimmin in politics gets off the ground, we have bigger problems than Tim Arnold's scattering from the Titanic.

Had a yap with a polititianess a while back. She was bemoaning the gender imbalance in the Doyle. So I asked her where there women on the ballot papers in every constituency. Yes said she. Well then, why aren`t they elected ,says I. Too many men on the ballots says she. No, says I, the truth is women don`t vote for women because they don`t trust each other . End of yap .

Surprised she didn't report you for being a chauvinist and a sexist...despite the fact you were telling the truth. I poleaxed a UCD "feminist" one day when she yammered on about women being safer drivers..."science proves it", says she..."Hang on Germaine", says I....Up until 1997 72% of wimmin were insured on their husands' policies, thus showing the male principle to be at fault when she reverses car into a trolley at Superquinn. Her accent went Dalkeyesue to Fettercairnesque rapido....
Probably thought better of reporting me because the facts speak for themselves, women on the ballot weren`t elected.

Ah you're taking the wrong angle here...I'm agreeing with you and to prove a point look at who the oppressed people of Rhodesia voted for after their new-found "freedom". Put simply, women hate each other and the Feminazis know that, hence the drive to draw them into concordat by using men as the scapegoat. Think a certain moustachioed little bollix from Austria did the same in targeting a set of tribal folk not so long ago. I'll be long dead, but I'd have an Erm-like-bet on the menopausal ones not votin' for the good-lookers when men are exterminated. :-\

Offline Belker

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2017, 10:36:57 am »
I don't see it that way at all, Ken. Obviously, there are areas of conflict between Daimler/mytaxi and taxi drivers. I have never suggested that we ought to support mytaxi to the exclusion of all others or that we should all become mytaxi ambassadors. However, I have suggested that mytaxi is a firm we can work with as our trade evolves. That environment was created by Tim and his team and I'm sure he is proud of all he has achieved during his time with the firm. I've already sent him a message of congratulations and I wish him well as his career progresses. He'll be difficult to replace, having overcome significant challenges to achieve remarkable growth but he will be replaced.

Part of working with mytaxi, or any other multinational, involves accepting that change is inevitable and recognising compromise as a necessity in promoting or safeguarding the future of our trade. Hopefully Tim's successor will appreciate the value of engaging with drivers as well as other stakeholders. Maybe Fiona (Senior Operations Manager) will throw her hat in the ring. For the erm's benefit, Fiona probably knows more about public transport than Tim and all of us put together!

I think we have 'crossed wires' here Stephen, I agree that Mytaxi offer drivers a good service and also that Tim did a fine job while he was in charge there, what annoys me is that he is leaving that job to work fer our enemy, the people involved in the manufacture of driverless cars.

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2017, 10:45:18 am »
Mercedes are involved in driverless cars too.In fact most car makers have invested in the technology.Toyota have money in Uber AFAIK.Even Bosch who make everything except cars are gonna build one.Don't forget Apple too.Everytime you buy any of their products your digging your own grave.All that profit goes into research and development for the next new fad or tech.

Mytaxi were never our friends.As soon as they started giving Limos our work and giving priority to a few drivers they started to show their intentions.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 01:05:59 pm by mercenary for hire »

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2017, 12:21:32 pm »
Few friends in the jungle with or without technology.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2017, 01:18:52 pm »
Bosch make a lot of the bits that go into German cars, MfH. Cars will get more like mobile phones with little distinction between brands as far as performance goes. They'll have Intel inside (hum the jingle) and Google dominated "open source" software. It seems that all manufacturers are shifting focus to selling utilisation rather than ownership so it seems reasonable to conclude that brand loyalty will erode as riders won't give a monkey's toss what badge is on the machine that takes them from R to Q.

We have to stop thinking of all other forms of public transport as our enemies, Ken. The future will happen. We need to focus on where taxis fit into that future.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2017, 01:21:44 pm »
Agree there...except Bosch make all the ECU's for Toyota and others. From Lawnmowers to Robots........they make it. The German equivalent of Hitachi from the 90's.

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2017, 01:38:16 pm »
Bosch own Seimens too and some of Denso.The Denso parts can be found in any Jap car/bike since the 80s.The main focus will be supplying motors for the leccy cars for Bosch in the short term.

It's worth noting that autonomous braking is now standard on most new Toyota and Lexus models and the other day I saw an ad for a VW polo coming standard now with autonomous braking.This is to get us to trust the tech.Some of these cars can steer themselves too already but we're not ready for that yet.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2017, 01:40:42 pm »
Have a look at Guy Martin vs The Robot Car on ALL4 if you missed it on Sunday.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2017, 01:43:25 pm »
Bosch own Seimens too and some of Denso.The Denso parts can be found in any Jap car/bike since the 80s.The main focus will be supplying motors for the leccy cars for Bosch in the short term.

It's worth noting that autonomous braking is now standard on most new Toyota and Lexus models and the other day I saw an ad for a VW polo coming standard now with autonomous braking.This is to get us to trust the tech.Some of these cars can steer themselves too already but we're not ready for that yet.

Nearly there. Hello Tosh.....got a Toshiba?

john m

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2017, 01:45:14 pm »
Im in me motor a few weeks ago and this bird asks me what will I do when cars go driverless .I say jasus Im not worried Letters went driverless when they invented Email but I still see loads of postmen every day .Loads of birds have Dildoes but I still see loads of men If I was you I would worry more about Robot Dolls than driverless cars .

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2017, 01:47:14 pm »
Thanks will do now I missed it.

I picked up a computer lecturer on Saturday and got chatting he was encouraging me to do some Springboard masters thingy to get another gig.He seemed to think the insurance companies will load the human drivers and make us obselete because we make more mistakes than the robot.Kinda made me think and ruined me weekend.When I realised how much effort I'd need to put in to get a Master's degree in Computers I cheered up a bit and vowed to clear the mortgage in ten years.

Show Unread Posts