Author Topic: Whistle  (Read 91041 times)

Offline Belker

Re: Whistle
« Reply #210 on: February 20, 2018, 08:20:50 am »
Let's hope the knobs on Mount Street don't try to copy him.

Whom exactly is in Mount street these days ?

I thought MyTaxi 'Merged' with Hailo and took over the Mount street premises.

Now it seems Flag (to include Dave from Hailo are in the gaff).

Offline Belker

« Reply #211 on: February 20, 2018, 08:25:00 am »
The latest ramblings from JB

Union, eh? "Co-op" seems to have been deleted from his vocabulary.

His vocabulary seems very limited or as limited as it should be when your
selling a shite product to customers who probably don't even want it.

Offline Belker

« Reply #212 on: February 20, 2018, 08:41:55 am »
Remember the lads in Hailo said that drivers agreed/voted to drop the PUC.I wonder if they're the same lads who offered to drop the PUC in Whistle.They won't get enough drivers onboard if they come across as dirty discounters IMO.

To be fair to old Hailo (or new Dave on Flag) they weren't the best at telling
the truth, actually if'n Hailo had ever told us the truth, then most likely the
ground would have opened up and swallowed them !

Ye Dooblin drivers are gonna be 'Pinky-Ponky' in the eyes if'n ye are trying to
operate about 5 app's at the same time whilst also trying to drive the cab.
Ye have MyTaxi, Lyft, Uber and Whistle and Flag about to start up.

Most thankfully we have just the one app down here in Cork,
MyTaxi, and it does just fine.

john m

« Reply #213 on: February 20, 2018, 08:48:18 am »
Just regretting not having 'eircab' ready sooner, got caught out, but still watching and learning in case it goes tits up.

Still, drivers for drivers, so I don't want to muddle the picture if 'Whistle' has a chance, the current MD may be delusional, but I would say the drivers that have signed up want it to work.

If they really got 2k drivers signed up and are as shambolic as they seem, hope for all!

Only problem with that is drivers and public will have had a negative experience and may be reluctant to try again.

Don't want to be entirely negative, they seem to be on a sharp learning curve and hopefully learning along the way.

At least some one has copped the share anomaly bullshit (at the start) and is trying to sort it.

So if it is genuinely a driver owned app then drivers can replace management at some future point (AGM or EGM), if the current crowd don't learn and adapt.

U Wha I met with people from Amazon about two years ago I posted it on Roys .They said the problem with a taxi app was taxi drivers .Look at the feedback on Hailo /Mytaxi/UBER/Whistle/Vinny /Citycabs and just wait till Flag gets up and running .Taxi drivers like football supporters like their own team and see everyone else as the enemy .I just do not understand why you think that a stand alone taxi hailing app could be profitable .Look at the evidence none of the big players turn a profit from taxi hailing they are all diversifying into food or parcel delivery and the big players all have the backing of BILLIONS of dollars of investor debt to sustain them .

Go to a website called owler and get all the latest info on all the major taxi apps .
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:06:59 am by john m »

Online mercenary for hire

« Reply #214 on: February 20, 2018, 08:49:34 am »
I was referring to Mytaxi but any sort of price war will not be welcomed.As a group we have  no need to give discounts.The  work will come anyway.Competition is great except when we're being asked to work for less than meter by some knob in a tie who doesn't drive a taxi.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 08:59:11 am by mercenary for hire »

john m

« Reply #215 on: February 20, 2018, 08:58:22 am »
I posted on here I am NOT in favour of competition amongst APP companies as the metered fare is the only discount tool and that comes straight out of drivers pockets A lot of drivers want more competition but that competition will be at your expense .If an app wants support they need to keep it simple limit waiting time full fares and nearest car gets the fare .That is all drivers want a level playing field no ambassador or priority shit just reward for effort .The app that looks after the driver as its priority gets the drivers the app with the drivers gets the customers its so simple but so hard for app promoters to understand .Give a kid a marketing degree or a business degree and they will market the good out of the business .No substitute for common sense ever appeared on a College Conferment .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #216 on: February 20, 2018, 09:12:44 am »
I'm not sure if shares carry voting rights, UW. All we've been told about the shares is that they can't be sold.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:16:09 am by Rat Catcher »

Offline Korky

« Reply #217 on: February 20, 2018, 09:34:34 am »
Also as John m previously pointed out, if punters have 3 or 4 hailing apps on their phone, at busy times they will use them all simultaneously and jump into the first car that arrives, leaving the others with no contacts....
It’s difficult enough to drive safely with one app, it would be hazardous to have two or three running when on the move

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #218 on: February 20, 2018, 09:45:42 am »
I'd be reluctant to run more than two on one device. Regardless of how good your phone or internet is they all draw on resources and slow each other down to some extent. At the moment Uber and mytaxi are the only ones paying no contact fees.

john m

« Reply #219 on: February 20, 2018, 09:49:15 am »
LATEST FROM WHISTLE WHAT A FUCKING MUPPETT ..Hi Lads,
I made a mistake by offering the 2 euro offr.
It is for the next 3 weeks. But I think we will have to cancel it. Drivers just don't want it. I made a big mistake by not consulting drivers more.
There were some radio adverts letting people know about the promo. I put in a request in now to change the advert to the Christams adverts.
Please accept my apology. I was just trying to help. I thought getting more customers would help us in this project. Now I see that it is just the wrong message to send to the public. Am I forgiven?
John
Whistle Taxi APP © 2018

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #220 on: February 20, 2018, 09:55:40 am »
Well, is he forgiven John?

Online mercenary for hire

« Reply #221 on: February 20, 2018, 09:56:20 am »
You have to give him credit for admitting he fukked up.Hailo/Mytaxi messed up but kept the mistake going for years until drivers switched off the app.He should have a camera crew following him around for the laugh.I'd feel sorry for him if he didn't own a rake of plates.Maybe.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #222 on: February 20, 2018, 10:00:26 am »
I'd feel sorry for him if he wasn't on 2 grand a week plus expenses. Easy for him to make the drivers who pay his wages discount their services.

john m

« Reply #223 on: February 20, 2018, 10:03:56 am »
Well, is he forgiven John?

He must be twins ,no 1 man could be that dumb .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #224 on: February 20, 2018, 11:06:14 am »
Still not sure whether I want to buy a share or not so I sent an email seeking some clarification:

Hi,

Thank your for offering me the opportunity to buy a share in Whistle.

I would be obliged if you could clarify the following:

How many, if any, shares are held by external investors - including shares of all classes?

How many shareholders, if any, hold more than one share - including shares of all classes?

Are shares offered to drivers classed as ordinary shares or something else?

Do shares offered to drivers carry normal voting rights, particularly the right to vote on resolutions re(appointing) the board of directors and other officials in AGM/EGM?

If I buy a share and subsequently get banned from the app, what happens to my share?

Regards,

Stephen.

Show Unread Posts