Author Topic: Whistle  (Read 91042 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Whistle
« Reply #225 on: February 20, 2018, 11:22:17 am »
Also as John m previously pointed out, if punters have 3 or 4 hailing apps on their phone, at busy times they will use them all simultaneously and jump into the first car that arrives, leaving the others with no contacts....
It’s difficult enough to drive safely with one app, it would be hazardous to have two or three running when on the move

When it's busy....most drivers have apps switched off,i think at the moment the main app doesn't show any loyalty to drivers so that favour is returned at busy times,Uber being account only,their customers tend to wait for the car to arrive.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #226 on: February 20, 2018, 11:53:54 am »
Response from Whistle:

Good questions Stephen.

That’s what the meeting is about.

John

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #227 on: February 20, 2018, 12:52:41 pm »
Response from Whistle:

Good questions Stephen.

John

Short and sweet....which is a departure from the usual ramblings!!

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #228 on: February 20, 2018, 12:56:19 pm »
Response from Whistle:

Good questions Stephen.

John

He knows who u are
I heard he looks on here every few hrs
Hes a control freak and hates bad publicity which he gets ob here

Keep ur hands in ur pockets were 50and whistle is concerned

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #229 on: February 20, 2018, 12:58:48 pm »
Wouldn't take a genius to put it together who RC is...or is he??

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #230 on: February 20, 2018, 01:04:25 pm »
Very childish trying to ban srivers from.using other apps
His app has no work so what do we do starve till he tskes off?
Besides who want to start giving puc away again?
He does without our consent
The taxi dictator ye
Its his app not a driver app so time to delete it
Mytaxi hav puc and I dont give the 5 min waiting time so il hang on there for a while till a REAL drivers app appears

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #231 on: February 20, 2018, 01:23:40 pm »
Any driver app will have the same problems. Drivers who support it, travelling for work or looking after passengers at peak hours, deserve to be rewarded in some way. Similarly, there has to be rules and regulations so it's inevitable that some drivers will be excluded. It's reasonable that any driver co-op should aspire to be the dominant platform but, in reality, I don't think that's what drivers want. Having seen how Hail0 abused it's dominant position (e.g. sacking Marto Taximan for contributing to a forum and manipulating/threatening other fora contributors) it's reasonable for drivers to conclude that competition among app providers is better than having all their eggs in one basket.

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #232 on: February 20, 2018, 02:37:49 pm »
Its run by a dope it doomed
A step backwards him expecting us to hand back puc
I know he pulled back but he did try it so shows how he thinks riding us all again
And hes trying to get u to use his app exclusively
Its not a driver app its HIS app

Offline Belker

« Reply #233 on: February 21, 2018, 08:30:43 am »
Still not sure whether I want to buy a share or not so I sent an email seeking some clarification:

Hi,
Thank your for offering me the opportunity to buy a share in Whistle.
I would be obliged if you could clarify the following:
How many, if any, shares are held by external investors - including shares of all classes?
How many shareholders, if any, hold more than one share - including shares of all classes?
Are shares offered to drivers classed as ordinary shares or something else?
Do shares offered to drivers carry normal voting rights, particularly the right to vote on resolutions re(appointing) the board of directors and other officials in AGM/EGM?
If I buy a share and subsequently get banned from the app, what happens to my share?

Regards, Stephen.

Good questions Stephen and a pathetic response from Whistle, if they really are a drivers app fer drivers or a Union as Mr Boyle likes to claim, then surely this information should be made public to all drivers.

Offline Belker

« Reply #234 on: February 21, 2018, 08:47:56 am »
LATEST FROM WHISTLE WHAT A FUCKING MUPPETT ..Hi Lads,
I made a mistake by offering the 2 euro offr.
It is for the next 3 weeks. But I think we will have to cancel it. Drivers just don't want it. I made a big mistake by not consulting drivers more.
There were some radio adverts letting people know about the promo. I put in a request in now to change the advert to the Christams adverts.
Please accept my apology. I was just trying to help. I thought getting more customers would help us in this project. Now I see that it is just the wrong message to send to the public. Am I forgiven?
John
Whistle Taxi APP © 2018

Was that a real message sent out John M ?
It seems hard to fathom such a Fook-up and U-turn.

But Fair Dinkum to the man fer holding his hand up, Hailo/MyTaxi never did that.
I don't think Mr Boyle really understands what he is dealing with, on one side he
has the general public, on the other he has Irish Taxi drivers, neither of whom are
a very forgiving lot, the customers want the cheapest fares, the drivers want the
best and most lucrative work.
The simple solution is to just stick by the NTA approved fare card including all extras
and then the drivers just might work with them, no driver in today's game has any
interest in discounted fares.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #235 on: February 21, 2018, 11:19:48 am »
I got the same message so I assume it's real. A welcome one, IMO, as I wouldn't have covered any discounted work - not that I can cover any work as the app only works on WIFI for me.

Good questions Stephen and a pathetic response from Whistle, if they really are a drivers app fer drivers or a Union as Mr Boyle likes to claim, then surely this information should be made public to all drivers.

Full T&Cs should be published on the firm's website in this day and age. The lack of clarity surrounding the corporate structure undoubtedly discourages drivers. However, John is obviously a control freak so I'm guessing the structure aims to secure his position as MD for as long as possible but I may be wrong. I guess John's use of the word Union where Co-op would be a better fit is apt as our unions traditionally hate to share information.

Being the "drivers own app" only holds weight if drivers are empowered to replace directors/officials as they see fit. I did see this as being the firm's USP until I asked Mrs. Catcher to have a shirt ready for me this morning so I could drop over to the West County. Obviously, she asked why I was going all the way over there so I explained the meeting of Whistle colleagues/competitors and she said she had heard their advertisements on the wireless offering the opinion that they are "rubbish"... You should see the emails, says I, you'd wear your red biro out!

john m

« Reply #236 on: February 21, 2018, 11:24:13 am »
Rodent if your South of the River drop in Ill feed you .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #237 on: February 21, 2018, 11:32:18 am »
No border but I'm not gargling, I'm driving... sober - all the way there and back.

john m

« Reply #238 on: February 21, 2018, 11:43:34 am »
Give us a ring after the showdown and ill put the kettle on .

john m

« Reply #239 on: February 21, 2018, 03:54:34 pm »
Anybody around the West County will you let the Rodent know its next week the 28th

Show Unread Posts