Author Topic: Google Backs Flag  (Read 9913 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Google Backs Flag
« on: February 19, 2018, 12:58:34 pm »
http://flagtaxis.com/blog/post/-google-recognises-flags-high-potential

Flag paid a visit to Google HQ today after being recognised for its potential in the taxi industry. Google has been following Flag's journey ever since the test phase during the Christmas period. The support from Google means Flag will be able to catapult version 2 of the app into the market and grow rapidly The timing to start preparing how world are going to become familiar with Flag is perfect as the next version is on the brink of being unlocked.

Richie Commins, Founder & CEO said, "It's absolutely brilliant to start working with the experts in Google's marketing department, we spend so much time focusing on upgrades to the app after the test phase so it's great to get help making sure the public are aware of Flag. It's really exciting and we can't wait to see all the trips taking place.

To prepare for the amount of trips that will be taking place The Flag office is also open on weekends throughout the rest of February. Drivers have been calling in to Dave and Ted on the driver team all week. Drivers can call between 12 and 6 this Saturday and Sunday also, no appointment necessary.

Alternatively drivers can download the Android App here and for iOS click here or by search for 'Flag Driver - The Taxi App' on both stores. For assistance or queries call 01 - 541 4789 or 085 156 8757.

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Google Backs Flag
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 01:01:34 pm »
Dave?....the same Dave that someone referred to as driving the poofmobile for Hailo?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 01:08:47 pm »
It is. One of the three double jobbers who abused/threatened/sacked drivers at will once they thought drivers need them more than they needed drivers. Not a great addition to the team in my opinion but I still wish the firm well. Richie's done great work getting the product to market with a Unique Selling Point and support from various organisations of significance. We need competition in the PPJ market, I would suggest that Flag looks most likely to provide that.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 01:14:31 pm »
What was Flag's policy on PUC, commission and waiting time?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 01:17:24 pm »
He has a face for punchin alright....never had any dealings with him...maybe he's learned the hard way that the app company need drivers more than the company needed him!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 01:21:57 pm »
What was Flag's policy on PUC, commission and waiting time?
Full fare, commission 6-10%, 2.5 mins waiting time. Should attract drivers save those that have been alienated by Dave when he worked for Hail0. The only concern I'd have is Dave. Given his history with Hail0 I wouldn't like to see Flag become the dominant force that mytaxi now is. Eggs and baskets...

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 01:28:30 pm »
Maybe they should employ Buffalo Bill aswell to rip stickers off roofsigns,the complete package!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 01:33:23 pm »
He has a face for punchin alright....never had any dealings with him...maybe he's learned the hard way that the app company need drivers more than the company needed him!!

Never had any dealings with him myself but he was part of the team of double jobbers that was frankly quite nasty to drivers. I received my threats and abuse from another member of the team - Dermot (loadsamoney) - but, in my case, he was pissing against the wrong tree, water off a duck's back. TD42 reported that he witnessed Bill (the third member of the team) reduce a driver to tears in the office yet I've always found Bill to be a gentleman. Maybe they rotated good cop, bad cop routines. The last I heard of Dave was that he was setting up a restaurant in Malahide so I'm not sure what his prime skillset is. As I've always said, drivers working in a base is a recipe for disaster.

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 01:37:26 pm »
Dave was more reasonable in my experience.He's able to talk to(me) drivers without boiling their piss.He knew exactly what I wanted to hear back when I was signing up to Hailo. Most drivers I spoke to had bad dealings with Bill especially yer man on the Facebook video ..funny.. ..Never really bothered me but he can be abrupt.Shoud be in the zoo or something feeding the giraffes..the bleeding giant.... Dermot was trawling the forum threatening bans etc.. He's just old fashioned because he's old.

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 01:39:55 pm »
Yis know Bill has two bothers driving cabs.That Ted name rings a bell.Any surnames?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 01:43:22 pm »
So where is Dermot now?

Bill reducing a driver to tears?....he obviously had the measure of the driver concerned and knew what he could get away with....i'd say he had second thoughts with plenty of other drivers over his safety regardless of his height!!

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 01:45:22 pm »
He's on the road working in that wanked out blue Mondeo..

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 01:46:29 pm »
Dave was more reasonable in my experience.He's able to talk to(me) drivers without boiling their piss.He knew exactly what I wanted to hear back when I was signing up to Hailo. Most drivers I spoke to had bad dealings with Bill especially yer man on the Facebook video ..funny.. ..Never really bothered me but he can be abrupt.Shoud be in the zoo or something feeding the giraffes..the bleeding giant.... Dermot was trawling the forum threatening bans etc.. He's just old fashioned because he's old.

They all told us what we wanted to hear when they were recruiting drivers... their tune changed dramatically when they thought drivers depended on them to make a living. The real lesson is that a monopoly is not in drivers' interests.

john m

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 01:57:01 pm »

WHATS HAPPENING Me and Merc in agreement .I spoke with him outside the Dungeon found him to be very polite .I just registered and will give them the same consideration I gave Hailo until they started acting the bollox .Lets hope they can hold out and drive down the Mytaxi commission.If they start a pricewar that takes coin out of drivers pockets then fuckthem .

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2018, 01:57:44 pm »
Yes agreed.Hopefully the new lads coming through won't make the same mistakes I made by signing up to one app exclusively.

Show Unread Posts