Author Topic: Must polish me Crystal ball  (Read 13268 times)

john m

Re: Must polish me Crystal ball
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2018, 02:09:22 pm »
Wont be Long Rodent before CIE privatise the rolling stock while maintaining the infrastructure The ESB will go the same way Dublin Bus LUAS ,DART will all be privatised then Schools and Hospitals .The only thing the Government will run is Revenue and the Dail Bar .A lot of people dont know Veradkar volunteered to work on American Elections for the Tea Party who are the Ultra Right in American Politics .Have a Good Look at European Politics with the Exception of Great Britain who have a real Right /Left  political system every other European Country and the USA ,Canada ,Japan even China and Russia are Right wing Political entities where its all about the Policy and fuck the people ..The World is in as dangerous a place as it was in the 1930s .The Kaiser in Germany has just gotten a mandate now watch her try to crush the Brits and watch the Gay Foreigner cheering from the sidelines ..Did you do the Sums on the 2040 proposals Rodent ?There was one figure missing in the calculations the 2% of GDP we agreed to spend on European Defense 2% of GDP put into house building would eradicate homelessness for ever by 2040.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2018, 03:15:20 pm »
The problem with privatisation is that it severely limits employment options for thick lads. Semi States were ideal for providing employment to those who would be unlikely to be employed in similar roles within organisations with a commercial focus. You're probably old enough to remember the privatisation of Telecom Eireann, the new CEO spent about three minutes in the office before he got home sick. However, I guess increasing defence expenditure opens up the army a little.

john m

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2018, 05:42:58 pm »
Might be time to take FDS lead  its only a part time gig .German economy grew nothing in the last quarter of 2017 and all the migrants are all on the Brew .If the German Economy slows then Europe and the Euro is Donald Ducked and if the real Donald starts a trade war Germany will suffer more than most .The Gay Foreigner and Paggo will come under pressure from the Kaiser and Kermit for tax harmonization .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2018, 12:05:40 pm »
I took FDSs advice years ago, I've been part-time since Celtic Tiger MKI died.

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2018, 12:15:42 pm »
Anything over 10 hours a week is more than part time to me
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2018, 12:29:58 pm »
I aim for 20-30 on working weeks, probably average a little under 20. Full-time to me would be 35+ hours. In a '9-5' job you would have to do that on top of commuting.

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2018, 12:59:57 pm »
I aim for 20-30 on working weeks, probably average a little under 20. Full-time to me would be 35+ hours. In a '9-5' job you would have to do that on top of commuting.

Fair play if you can work less than 20 hours a week.
No way in Cork or any other county would you get away with that.
One would barely cover overheads working less than 20 hours.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2018, 01:10:16 pm »
I have pretty low overheads and I'm not the bread winner in my household. Judging by Ken's success in chasing mytaxi bonuses back when mytaxi paid bonuses I reckon I'd get away with 8.5 hours down in the real capital! To earn a full-time wage commensurate with skill required (probably a bit below what a delivery man would earn) I'd probably need to work 40+ hours in the suburbs of Dublin.

john m

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2018, 12:08:25 pm »
Try this on for size .The Dereg said anybody with a spsv drivers licence is entitled to apply and get a vehicle licence .The taxi thingey decided that it must be a WAT  they put a Moratorium on Saloon licences .Now what if Mytaxi  decided to use their influence on the TAC to get more drivers licences then you have a problem just like or similar to dereg there are lots of licenced drivers but not enough licenced vehicles .A possible solution Daimler/Volvo/Toyota all offer to make electric vehicles available FOR these drivers to operate .Environmentally clean .So we are back to the Slimming World Conundrum first somebody promotes fat food for fat people then Slimming World step in with the Solution .Dont be surprised to see the Moritorium on Saloon Plates removed in the next two years or as soon as they have the required number of WATs in the fleet .Remember this is a deregulated industry and the only barrier to entry is the type of vehicle .As the range on EVs is short expect them to mainly operate in urban taxi areas like Dublin ,Cork ,

So ask yourself Why would the NTA be promoting the training of 1500 more drivers unless they are going to make vehicles available for them .Why would they invite people into an industry that has no vehicles for them ?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2018, 12:17:34 pm »
Fleet operators will provide the jobs. It's unlikely that drivers' representatives on TAC would allow lifting the current temporary moratorium on the issue of saloon plates.

john m

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2018, 12:18:39 pm »
Give this a listen starting @2.25 Then he says Volvo.UBER .and Daimler Mytaxi are partners .If this rent a car from the manufacturers catches on then Volvo/Daimler can partner up with their prefered taxi dispatchers Uber and Mytaxi .They rent the cars off the manufacturer and put drivers into them who rent them off them .I remember posting on Roys beware they are after what you have    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2018-03-06/volvo-cars-ceo-says-tariffs-would-be-a-problem-for-all-of-us-video

john m

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2018, 12:19:38 pm »
Fleet operators will provide the jobs. It's unlikely that drivers' representatives on TAC would allow lifting the current temporary moratorium on the issue of saloon plates.
Drivers reps would be in a minority of one .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2018, 12:22:06 pm »
Ermy we already know this.Just sit tight and wait for them to buy us out.They have to.It's gonna be great...

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2018, 12:24:27 pm »
I doubt it given that there's more than one on TAC. For a bloke who professes to know about politics you obviously know nothing about lobbying. How much do you think Daimler/mytaxi has spent on vouchers/bonuses to date and how much do you think they'd need to put in brown envelopes to get drivers' reps on side? Do you think Heron went to the media to report 20,000 drivers leaving the trade because they got better jobs because he thinks that is true? Cop on, man!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2018, 12:25:10 pm »
Ermy we already know this.Just sit tight and wait for them to buy us out.They have to.It's gonna be great...

Our licences are non-transferable.

Show Unread Posts