Author Topic: College Green Ban  (Read 10171 times)

Offline Murph2

• Valued Contributor
College Green Ban
« on: March 05, 2018, 10:43:21 pm »
Starting next Monday March 12th from 7-10am only.
Unions meeting Wednesday to decide course of possible protest action.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/taxis-college-green-ban-14372107

Offline Tony

Re: College Green Ban
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 10:48:04 pm »
It won't affect night drivers so only a third of the fleet will give a bollix
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline silverbullet

• You don't want to do it like that
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 10:55:29 pm »
I'm surprised the Dublin chamber of commerce are not up in arms. All the businesses in that area having to make their customers/clients walk.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 11:08:15 pm »
I'm surprised the Dublin chamber of commerce are not up in arms. All the businesses in that area having to make their customers/clients walk.

If they get a bus or Luas they'll be grand....just don't expect to be dropped to the door.

john m

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 12:06:07 am »

Unions me Bollox .They had a chance 8 years ago to try get on to Dublin City Council but they decided to occupy her office they then blocked O Connell Street which resulted in Noel Dempsey signing into law the 9 year rule in the dept of a Fucking Recession .The Unions have done more damage to this business they should fuck off .If its all about Access How can they stand over Licenced Drivers being excluded from Dublin Airport or how can they Stand over Licenced Drivers being extorted for Two Euro to pick up at certain venues .For your information there are only 3 Green Party Members on DCC and they still managed to get the Chair of the Transport Committee .Renta Bike, a meter clearance for Cyclists ,restricted Access .Unions are a bit like Jockies it dosent matter how bad they ride the horse they will keep telling the owner and trainer that they will win sometime even when the horse is being tinned for dogfood they will insist they could of won .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 02:01:40 am »
Minister Dempsey didn't sign in the 9 year rule, regulation of vehicle standards was delegated to the regulator on inception. Ms Doyle ordered TAC to approve the 9 year rule long before the great blockade of O'Connell St. In fact I leaked the letter on Roy's myself using the apt "Stealth" account.

The only possible reason I can see for the unions objecting to the College Green ban is to detract attention from their representatives on TAC colluding with NTA to (try to) recruit more taxi drivers.

Offline king

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 08:18:02 am »

Unions me Bollox .They had a chance 8 years ago to try get on to Dublin City Council but they decided to occupy her office they then blocked O Connell Street which resulted in Noel Dempsey signing into law the 9 year rule in the dept of a Fucking Recession .The Unions have done more damage to this business they should fuck off .If its all about Access How can they stand over Licenced Drivers being excluded from Dublin Airport or how can they Stand over Licenced Drivers being extorted for Two Euro to pick up at certain venues .For your information there are only 3 Green Party Members on DCC and they still managed to get the Chair of the Transport Committee .Renta Bike, a meter clearance for Cyclists ,restricted Access .Unions are a bit like Jockies it dosent matter how bad they ride the horse they will keep telling the owner and trainer that they will win sometime even when the horse is being tinned for dogfood they will insist they could of won .
Well said

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 11:46:50 am »
Eloquent nonsense, makes a change I guess!

john m

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 12:10:27 pm »
Eloquent nonsense, makes a change I guess!

You got one thing right Rodent which is quite unusual for you .Why are the reps so quiet about 1500 new entrants being trained to enter the industry when there are no vehicles available for them ?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 12:15:03 pm »
They sit on TAC i.e. they approved the recruitment drive.

john m

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2018, 12:20:53 pm »
They sit on TAC i.e. they approved the recruitment drive.

Did they approve ?What is that based on just because they didnt protest ?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2018, 12:26:59 pm »
TAC oversees regulation. That's why drivers' reps took seats on it. Sure, Joe Heron even went to the media to report 20,000 drivers leaving the trade because they got better jobs... they didn't merely approve, they promoted the scheme.

john m

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2018, 12:35:42 pm »
TAC oversees regulation. That's why drivers' reps took seats on it. Sure, Joe Heron even went to the media to report 20,000 drivers leaving the trade because they got better jobs... they didn't merely approve, they promoted the scheme.

Its a big Penny Rodent but it still hasent dropped .You got to feel sorry for the Ambassadors they will be the first to be replaced when Daimler/Toyota ,Volvo make all Electric  Cars available for the New Licenced Drivers .Logoritms will be able to avoid heavy traffic and save on battery life as the Ambassadors skurry down Mount Street to pick up a new mother From Temple Street going to Barrow Street .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2018, 02:08:50 pm »
Is Temple St the new maternity hospital?

john m

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2018, 02:42:53 pm »
Is Temple St the new maternity hospital?

No the child fell out of a buggy when the taxi driver refused to get out of his car to help the new mother .Only Ambassadors will be forced to cover crap jobs crossing the city for a 7 euro fare .Or I named the wrong hospital take your choice .

Show Unread Posts