Author Topic: mytaxi Hospitality Guidelines  (Read 12201 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
mytaxi Hospitality Guidelines
« on: March 21, 2018, 06:21:10 pm »
Email received today:

Hi Stephen,

mytaxi are now the number one taxi provider for hotels, restaurants and bars in Dublin.

We want to say a big thank you for working hard to make this happen.

We're now in 350 locations, sending over 1,000 jobs a day to mytaxi drivers. Hospitality jobs are on average 24% higher than regular mytaxi jobs, as they are predominately airport and pre-booked trips.

To continue providing you with more jobs and maintain these accounts, it is hugely important that we all offer a great service and try to follow the hospitality guidelines outlined below.

NB If you have any issue with meeting the guidelines then please cancel the job when accepted by choosing ‘Send Another Driver’.

General Hospitality Guidelines:

Always go to hotel reception for passengers - This is the biggest requests from Hotels. Pay attention for this or any other message on your app screen.

If there is a note not to phone the hotel – please do not do so unless completely necessary (eg. if severely delayed).

Always ask for the customer name or room number if available. Alternatively there may be a reference number.

Ensure you maintain a professional manner with staff and guests (if there is an issue please contact mytaxi - dublin@mytaxi.com).

Hotels request drivers maintain a neat dress code. As per NTA guidelines jeans & collared t-shirts are fine but tracksuits & jerseys are not.

Some guests like to pay by card. If you are marked as accepting card payment please accept all requests to pay by card. If you require a sumup card reader please call in to the office*.

If you need to cancel a job & the customer has not requested it – make sure to choose ‘Send Another Driver’. This will mean that the system will automatically hail another car & not leave the passenger stranded. By choosing 'Kill Job' it means that another car will not be sent. This is very important.

You can only add one booking fee to the fare. Do not add a second booking fee - it should be 2 euro only.

*Sumup machines are only 39e and are 0% commission until May 2018. They can be used on any job. Never leave a fare behind again!

If you have any questions about mytaxi | Hospitality please call in to the Driver Office or email dublin@mytaxi.com. If you know of any hotels, guesthouses, bars or restaurants that might like to work with mytaxi please let us know.

Thank you,

The mytaxi Team

Offline watty

Re: mytaxi Hospitality Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 06:38:16 pm »
And so it begins...  How long before 'the team' requires you to wear MyTaxi-branded workwear?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 06:41:05 pm »
The Ambassadors get free tracksuits I think. I suspect they're intended to be worn for recreation but I have seen one or two scruffy fuckers wearing them while driving their cabs, presumably working.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 07:30:24 pm »
Sufferin Jaysus,never seen such total tossology from a Company that own no cars and have no hold over the drivers.. ::fuck ::fuck  ,once I see any instruction on any of their jobs  = instant reject button.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 07:47:57 pm »
I don't know why drivers accept hospitality jobs... but they do. Better fares me bollix, garbage collection more like.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 10:13:42 pm »
I don't know why drivers accept hospitality jobs... but they do. Better fares me bollix, garbage collection more like.

"Please come into Bar" for the Jobstown Inn  rofl

Offline Tony

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 10:43:45 pm »
Hotels request drivers maintain a neat dress code. As per NTA guidelines jeans & collared t-shirts are fine but tracksuits & jerseys are not.

I agree with them 100%
Some drivers out there are scruffy looking cunts, ya wouldn't stop for them on a quite night if they were to hail you.

They are a disgrace to our profession
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 10:53:35 pm »

I agree with them 100%
Some drivers out there are scruffy looking cunts, ya wouldn't stop for them on a quite night if they were to hail you.

They are a disgrace to our profession

Yuuup
Baseball caps
Smoking in the car
Plenty of scummy taxi drivers out there.
No respect for themselves never mind the paying public.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 10:40:26 am »
Profession? The unions defend their members' "rights" to push drugs and steal from clients.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 12:05:02 pm »
Dunno how yis see what other drivers are wearing...since the smartphone hit the ranks lads seem happy to sit in the car on the ranks.We're like a load of balding teenagers behind the wheel trying to block out the world.

I'd say drivers weren't bothering their bollix getting out of the car to go into reception.I cancel any jobs with extra instructions on them meself.If I wanted hotel work I'd join a traditional taxi company.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 04:24:27 pm »
I'd say drivers weren't bothering their bollix getting out of the car to go into reception.I cancel any jobs with extra instructions on them meself.If I wanted hotel work I'd join a traditional taxi company.

Imagine going to the trouble of parking up and going looking for the job,then pay the poxy hotel your 2 blips P/U fee for the privilege and then moivateur 12% on top of that  ::fuck ::fuck

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2018, 04:54:32 pm »
Funny really, I wouldn't even contemplate getting out of the car to find a mytaxi client - to be honest, it annoys me if I have to open the boot - yet when I worked for C2k and Blue Cabs before that it was just part of the job... but then C2k and Blue Cabs clients didn't have their hands out begging for €2 of my hard earned!

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2018, 07:51:35 pm »
I reject all hospitality jobs. Asked them to block me from them as Hailo did... "not possible".
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Belker

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2018, 07:40:19 am »
I reject all hospitality jobs. Asked them to block me from them as Hailo did... "not possible".

Do One, then go to 'Job history' and 'Block customer'.

Offline Keith

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2018, 07:56:48 am »

the members on this forum and roys forum before it fought hard to get the booking fee reinstated.
today I wouldnt insult their years of hard work by doing myaxi hospitality discount work at all.

if mytaxi want hospitality charges then they should be the one picking up the fucking tab...

Show Unread Posts