Author Topic: mytaxi College Green Submission  (Read 5627 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
mytaxi College Green Submission
« on: March 23, 2018, 04:04:10 pm »
Email received today:

Hi Stephen,

Over the last few months we’ve received a lot of enquiries from drivers asking us what our stance is on the proposed changes to the College Green area.

Many of you who have been with us since 2015 will remember that we previously submitted a report to the DCC in conjunction with town planners, outlining why the College Green area should remain open for the free flow of taxis.

We believe that the importance of taxis in providing an alternative transport mode must be taken into consideration, and that restricting access to the College Green area will severely impede the efficiency of the local transport infrastructure.

Our submission drew on the anonymous data we have relating to congestion, travel times and distances travelled.

We have now re-submitted our submission to the DCC and will do all we can to ensure that taxi drivers within the industry have their voice heard on this matter.   

Thanks,

Chris and the mytaxi Team

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: mytaxi College Green Submission
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 04:10:53 pm »
They seem to have the support of many of the unions, some of whom sit on TAC so can advise NTA on such matters.

I'm not sure I agree but I don't live up above in Dublin and I rarely work there. DCC ought to decide the best fit, I guess. IMO, the artists impression depicted a beautifully tranquil zone free from traffic congestion and the pollution that comes with it. Hard to imagine why Dubliners wouldn't welcome such an ambiance.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 04:48:09 pm »
I doubt any driver emailed them about their stance.Why would ya?They don't drive taxis.They just take the money.

john m

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 02:40:28 am »
Our submission drew on the anonymous data we have relating to congestion, travel times and distances travelled.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 03:10:30 pm »
You made a submission?

john m

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 03:21:42 pm »
Thats an extract from metaxis excellent infomercial to drivers .How do you become an ambassador .Had one of their beautifully liveried cars pulled up behind me last night and the Ambassador roared move up there ya Cunt you are blocking the way .I pointed out to my customer that he worked for the same App I was picking her up on and apologized on behalf of the brand .I alighted from my vehicle to open the door for my passenger and the Ambassador nearly shit himself as he may of assumed I was going to cave his fucking Turnup head in for shouting at me .I just looked at him and said BOO ..Is anybody getting any Flag jobs yet .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 03:26:39 pm »
I haven't got any Flag offers yet but I've only had it on for two shifts, Tuesday night and last night and mytaxi didn't leave me alone for long on either.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 03:29:28 pm »
^ I know you like a good conspiracy theory, erm. D'ya reckon the mytaxi algorithm offers us more work if the application detects a competitors' application running on our device?

john m

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2018, 03:33:51 pm »
I changed the rear near side shock last week got the meter sealed and changed a tyre if I give it a clean it should make Ambassador status .How do I go about getting anointed .I dont /wont work the app on Monday Tuesday/Wednesday as it never ever offers me anything in Clondalkin/Tallaght /Lucan or Ballyfermot on prebook so Im never motivated to leave the sofa .I was wondering if I upgraded from ordinary SCUM driver who covers the dregs to the Elevated position of Ambassador how much better I might do .Do you need to grovel ad forelock tug to become elevated or is it just a simple email or must you drive a Premier vehicle like a wanked out Cripmobile .

john m

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2018, 03:38:03 pm »
^ I know you like a good conspiracy theory, erm. D'ya reckon the mytaxi algorithm offers us more work if the application detects a competitors' application running on our device?

Beyond my limited intelligence Rodent All I know is I look for something near me gaff from metaxi that is offering Priority for my first job so I bypass all that bolloxology about covering shit jobs left over by the ambassadors in heavy traffic .Then I pick and choose avoiding anything with a bed on screen and cancelling any hospitality jobs I might accept by accident as I refuse to be held to ransom and pay to pick up drunks the pubs want rid of .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2018, 03:56:01 pm »
Got priority last night - lasts 'till 23:59 Monday so I can't earn any more priority tonight or tomorrow. There's some work on it when the virtual base controller is virtually feeding you, got around a ton off it between 01:44 and 03:03 (5 jobs) - earning priority status into the bargain - but it ain't cheap, works out at c.€9/hour freight. An ambassador working 40 hours a week is handing over the guts of €400 at that rate.

john m

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2018, 04:38:32 pm »
Turned it off after one non show followed by a cancellation just as I turned up the customer took a street hail before I went arrived .App froze I couldne go back to change an incorrect fare and had to enter 1 euro fare an another occasion to clear screen .App seems to be working a lot better lately .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2018, 04:47:51 pm »
I changed the rear near side shock last week got the meter sealed and changed a tyre if I give it a clean it should make Ambassador status .How do I go about getting anointed .I dont /wont work the app on Monday Tuesday/Wednesday as it never ever offers me anything in Clondalkin/Tallaght /Lucan or Ballyfermot on prebook so Im never motivated to leave the sofa .I was wondering if I upgraded from ordinary SCUM driver who covers the dregs to the Elevated position of Ambassador how much better I might do .Do you need to grovel ad forelock tug to become elevated or is it just a simple email or must you drive a Premier vehicle like a wanked out Cripmobile .

Did you change the coil spring and strut (top mount) bearing? Always a good idea on the MKII Octy when changing a shock. The springs don't outlast the shocks by long, they tend to break about an inch and a quarter from the top and, interestingly, one side breaking encourages the other side to follow so you don't notice any difference in handling, the car just sits a few cms lower. The strut bearings can break up after a shock fails.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2018, 04:20:24 am »
Got a Flag job tonight (Sat)... fortunately I forgot to put myself busy while on a mytaxi fare and it came through as I was close enough to the destination to accept.

Offline Belker

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2018, 07:23:24 am »
Got priority last night - lasts 'till 23:59 Monday so I can't earn any more priority tonight or tomorrow.

There should be an extended priority (even fer 12 hours) if you accept an urgent pre-book while already on priority.

Show Unread Posts