Author Topic: Speed limits extended  (Read 13737 times)

john m

Re: Speed limits extended
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2018, 08:51:19 pm »
Got it tested yesterday 1.3 so would pass just .First reading was 3.2 Talking to the Rodent today and I said I didnt fancy another Diesel due to emissions test but he pointed out Petrol cars fail on emissions as well .

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2018, 10:02:46 pm »
I speed all the time. Fuck all enforcement and when there is one of the many WhatsApp or groups will notify me where I will slow down

Oh and I’ve no points btw

Well done vivi
https://youtu.be/OgtQj8O92eI
Stroke of luck there are no trees to slow you down!! 8)
Trees never slowed me down.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2018, 04:19:53 am »
Me octavia nearly failed at a year old....
Ya don't need diazapin or petrol.....
I used to bring up the M50 in 3Rd at 100 kph...from the cream cracker reservation ( n32) out to finglas......... Lovely job... Big mushrooms of smoke all over the northside....
No more that shite wit the prius thanks be to fuk
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2018, 10:53:01 am »
Never failed on emissions with Trigger's Brush or my current MKII Octy. Maybe yisser aren't maintaining them properly.

Your best result seems to be from the cleaning fluid, Watty. Do you remember what it was called? Might be useful to others going forward.

Offline watty

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2018, 06:14:44 pm »
No, I can't remember the name.  But I'd imagine these diesel engine cleaners are all pretty much the same.

Edit: It was called Novafuel Cleaner and it was €18
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 06:34:18 pm by watty »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2018, 06:37:36 pm »
One for the notebooks... along with that Malahidian Brief.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2018, 08:41:08 pm »
I was in portran for the day..... Yur allowed smoke....
They asked me if I wanted to stay a few months ...... I told them to f...k off....

Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline silverbullet

• You don't want to do it like that
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2018, 12:31:41 am »
I was in portran for the day..... Yur allowed smoke....
They asked me if I wanted to stay a few months ...... I told them to f...k off....
Ye'd be Mad not to stay. 8)

Offline Belker

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2018, 09:41:59 pm »
Satins Wheelbarrow is in gor the NCT next Friday .......

Did it pass ?

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2018, 11:40:56 am »
Got it tested yesterday 1.3 so would pass just .First reading was 3.2 Talking to the Rodent today and I said I didnt fancy another Diesel due to emissions test but he pointed out Petrol cars fail on emissions as well .

Petrol bar is lower than diesel but not for long. Derv cars are for the drop, man...wake the fuck up. Hybrid or brand new petrol cars are the future...well. for the next 6 or 8 yrs anyway.

Offline watty

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2018, 06:00:33 pm »

Petrol bar is lower than diesel but not for long. Derv cars are for the drop, man...wake the fuck up. Hybrid or brand new petrol cars are the future...well. for the next 6 or 8 yrs anyway.
If diesel car prices are droppng through the floor, might make economical sense to buy a few cheap 7yr old diesels (in succession) rather than buy a new taxi at approx €25-30k? 
Say you bought a 7yr old taxi for €5k and spent €1k/yr on maintenance.  €500 to kit it out with meter etc.  That's €8.5k over 3 yrs or €17k for two taxis over a 6 yr period. 
Almost €10k cheaper than buying new.  Might be worth a gamble?

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2018, 06:03:20 pm »

If diesel car prices are droppng through the floor, might make economical sense to buy a few cheap 7yr old diesels (in succession) rather than buy a new taxi at approx €25-30k? 
Say you bought a 7yr old taxi for €5k and spent €1k/yr on maintenance.  €500 to kit it out with meter etc.  That's €8.5k over 3 yrs or €17k for two taxis over a 6 yr period. 
Perfect analogy. Buy cheap and abuse for 3 years. I think my next yoke will only be a 12 or 13

Offline silverbullet

• You don't want to do it like that
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2018, 07:13:49 pm »
Never failed on emissions with Trigger's Brush or my current MKII Octy. Maybe yisser aren't maintaining them properly.

Your best result seems to be from the cleaning fluid, Watty. Do you remember what it was called? Might be useful to others going forward.
Will you be having your brakes tested...going forward?

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2018, 08:20:24 am »

Perfect analogy. Buy cheap and abuse for 3 years. I think my next yoke will only be a 12 or 13

If anyone knew what they were going to do next, but no-one does. Some say the rideshare model is the future but others dismiss it. With the extension of this 30km limit to beyond the city limits.........there's nothing they might do that would surprise me anyway. People out there who believe Air B n B is all about getting people used to sharing their houses........? Who knows what Angela, Jean-Claude and co have in mind.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2018, 05:32:32 pm »

Will you be having your brakes tested...going forward?

Yes... all part of the National Car Test.

Show Unread Posts