Author Topic: Taxi driver accused of sexually assaulting Limerick student gets passport back  (Read 14884 times)

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/314482/taxi-driver-accused-of-sexually-assaulting-limerick-student-gets-his-passport-back.html

A TAXI driver who is accused of sexually assaulting a student has been given permission to return home to Nigeria to visit his sick mother.

The 33-year-old, who has an address in the city, is charged in relation to an offence which is alleged to have happened in the Castletroy area on September 1, 2016.

Opposing the man’s application for the return of his passport, Detective Garda David Godfrey said it will be alleged the teenager flagged down the taxi after leaving a pub at around 1.30am.

He told John O’Sullivan BL, prosecuting,  it is the State case the man inappropriately touched the woman in the taxi shortly after he picked her up.

He said it will also be alleged that he “took out his penis”, despite resistance from the woman.

Judge Tom O’Donnell was told the defendant was previously granted bail subject to a number of conditions including that he surrender his passport to gardai.

When asked by barrister Liam Carroll, Detective Garda Godfrey confirmed he has complied with all of the bail conditions to date.

Moving the application on behalf of his client, Mr Carroll said the married man, who has a number of children, intends travelling to Nigeria for a number of weeks at the end of June.

He said his client’s elderly mother is unwell and that the visit could be the last time he will see her alive.

The detective noted Ireland does not have an extradition treaty with Nigeria and he expressed concern the defendant will not return to stand trial.

Having considered the matter, Judge O’Donnell noted the accused man has complied with the conditions of his bail to date.

He directed that his passport be returned to him by gardai ahead of his scheduled departure date.

All other bail conditions are to be suspended for the duration of his visit to Nigeria.

The man was ordered to give copies of his travel documents to gardai.

Offline Tony

The state took his passport for sexuality assaulting a woman but not his psv?
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

sexual assaults are kicking off bigtime in limerick.
its not called stab city for nothing.  ::fuck

john m

charged in relation to an offence which is ALLEGED  to have happened in the Castletroy area on September 1, 2016.I wonder if he was White how many of you would be complaining if his PSV was removed for an ALLEGED offence .

Offline Tony

charged in relation to an offence which is ALLEGED  to have happened in the Castletroy area on September 1, 2016.I wonder if he was White how many of you would be complaining if his PSV was removed for an ALLEGED offence .

I would
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline SClass

I would

Racist cunt

Offline Tony

I would

Racist cunt

I'm not a rassist eclass, I hate everybody with equal contemp
Mr. T-bag to you

john m

I would

Racist cunt

Thats what I like about you Anthony ,your integrity .

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

I would

Racist cunt

+1

Howya sclass  ;)
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Octavia1

Nawful lot of murder and sex  crime against women nowadays....
That case in enniskerry is fukin shockin....
The girl in clonee, an yur man who had his mot in the wardrobe in ranelagh....
It's gone worser..... Wat the fuk is goin on?
Ireland certainly is goin to shite...

john m

How many of the assailents were not Irish

Offline Tony

How many of the assailents were not Irish

Ya rassist, ya want the nns to do all the rape and murdering ffs
Mr. T-bag to you

john m

The word doing the rounds locally is that young girl that was killed in Lucan was killed by one of the young fellas .Still dont understand if that is true why the parents wouldnt turn him in and try get him help or is he a right sick little bastard who hasent told his folks what really happened ?

Offline Octavia1

Yur man that killed the girl other day is a honky from the brack...... No surprises there..... I don't fukin take anyone to that kip...... Ide take me chances in darndale any day than that incest party

Offline Octavia1

An the girl he killed was a nn

Show Unread Posts