Author Topic: Rickshaws  (Read 28353 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Rickshaws
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2018, 04:46:29 pm »
An acquaintance of mine who lives in Swords always says Drogheda, declines the "special" rate and changes his mind to Swords before they get to the exit.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2018, 05:41:12 pm »
the point i'm making is that i have zero problem with with 4 euro fares as would any proper driver.
the problem is you get these cunts in the car that presume you do, start making cunty remarks, and start creating a problem where there is'nt one.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2018, 10:45:23 pm »
The Galwayman on Roy's Blog had a problem with short runs (presumably covered by rickshaws before the partial ban) - understandable if that's all you're getting after queuing for 3.75 hours, job after job, day after day, week after week, month after month, quarter after quarter, year after year, decade after decade, century after century.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2018, 12:49:42 pm »
Even the Sinn Fein scum are sticking their noses in to our industry...
Calls for Shane Ross to ‘get his act together’ to regulate rickshaws (via @IrishTimes) https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/calls-for-shane-ross-to-get-his-act-together-to-regulate-rickshaws-1.3528983

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2018, 01:19:32 pm »
Marxists/Commies...Commies love regulations and rules...and as the Russians living here will tell you........the more rules and regs there are the fewer law abiders there are.

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2018, 02:25:22 pm »
Calls for Shane Ross to ‘get his act together’ to regulate rickshaws (via @IrishTimes) https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/calls-for-shane-ross-to-get-his-act-together-to-regulate-rickshaws-1.3528983

SF scum lol
Pack of plastic lefties haven't a clue how to run a raffle never mind a country
They never be in power down here

Offline Belker

« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2018, 04:50:32 am »

I gotta agree with Mrs Munster, Shane "It's not my problem Boss" Ross has been dragging his heels on this fer years.
The NTA are well able to regulate the fook outta us, but seemingly they cant regulate rickshaws ??

« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2018, 06:21:26 am »
Regulation isn't the same as a ban.I guarantee ya if they're regulated there will be more career rickshaw pilots
instead of taxi drivers ...eventually they'll start eating into the taxi work during the day shift with their own app or on one of the exsisting  ones.

Up in Dublin when the Metro and all the express bus corridors are completed we'll be regretting ever allowing them to take our shitty small jobs.The truth is you can already get around town faster on a bicycle and we'd be fukked if they got their act together.

Ross says he's waiting on legal advice.I'm sure Rickshaws are at the bottom of the govwrnment priority list.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2018, 05:31:34 pm »
I gotta agree with Mrs Munster, Shane "It's not my problem Boss" Ross has been dragging his heels on this fer years.
The NTA are well able to regulate the fook outta us, but seemingly they cant regulate rickshaws ??

I think the concern is that, despite regulation, there are still thousands of men with serious criminal records driving taxis and thousands more whose criminal records cannot be ascertained and that, despite regulation, there are still thousands of taximen dealing drugs up above in Dublin. Hence regulation of the taxi trade is proof positive that effective regulation isn't possible within the current regulatory framework.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2018, 02:57:51 am »
surely they should be also concerned that ll these Brazilian drug dealers are here illegaly ?

Most Brazilians hold Portugese Passports .
And yokes, sniff and gear are legit to abuse in Portugal.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2018, 03:09:33 am »
100% WARs anyone ?

The Disability Act. (Gov. issued licence ignoring disabled rights to ride in rickshaws .....)

The Taxi Regulation Act . Plying for hire without a sealed taxi meter or anywhere other than at a taxi stand is illegal.

"The Louth TD said rickshaws are regulated in cities such as Vietnam, Copenhagen, Paris, Berlin, Frankfurt, Hanover, Hamburg, Budapest, Krakow, Milan, Rome, St Petersburg, Barcelona, Valencia and London." . Spot the odd city out.

Offline Belker

« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2018, 06:26:23 am »
Well spotted Bubba !

Offline Belker

« Reply #117 on: June 15, 2018, 06:35:56 am »

I think the concern is that, despite regulation, there are still thousands of men with serious criminal records driving taxis and thousands more whose criminal records cannot be ascertained and that, despite regulation, there are still thousands of taximen dealing drugs up above in Dublin. Hence regulation of the taxi trade is proof positive that effective regulation isn't possible within the current regulatory framework.

I agree with what you say Stephen, but as a licenced taxi driver I know that if I do any wrong to any customer of mine then all they need is my Roofie number, Reg number or Dash ID number to make a complaint to the NTA, Gardai or MyTaxi.

If a rickshaw driver does any wrong to his customers then there is no traceability at all.

Offline Belker

« Reply #118 on: June 15, 2018, 06:47:24 am »
Regulation isn't the same as a ban.I guarantee ya if they're regulated there will be more career rickshaw pilots
instead of taxi drivers ......
If they ban them, then there will be more career Taxi drivers joining the fleet with ready cash to pay fer
Mini wheelies and insurance from the rickshaw trade.

MyTaxi will educate them how to pass the Taxi test and our government will give them a grant fer their
Wheelie. They might even pay their insurance fer them.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 06:53:31 am by Belker »

« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2018, 08:51:23 am »
Think 5 years down the road.Even the most complicated shiny new Rickshaw will cost less to buy than a new entrant's taxi costs to insure.They have even lower running costs than an electric taxi.Which means they'll be able to charge less than us.They'll also have access to all the cycle paths in areas vehicles are forbidden from which most likey will be larger in the future.

In some respects they make a better taxi than actual taxis.All we need is some app like Uber or Deliveroo to see their potential.

Taxi drivers calling for regulation isn't very smart.

Show Unread Posts