Author Topic: gobdaw clown  (Read 7909 times)

Offline U Wha

Re: gobdaw clown
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 01:45:37 pm »
See that 5 seater requirement....does it have to be a wheely too? Looks like they'll accept one or the other the way it's written. Prius plus is a 6 seater on some models. Might be handy to know.

Wheelie and carrier

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 02:10:28 pm »
Ah ok...I'll just keep robbing what I can when I'm out there until they see sense. That kesh is empty a lot lately.I've started dropping off at T1 arrivals sometimes to stay out of the traffic on the departures ramp.What a mess.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 02:18:53 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline U Wha

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 02:58:47 pm »
See that 5 seater requirement....does it have to be a wheely too? Looks like they'll accept one or the other the way it's written. Prius plus is a 6 seater on some models. Might be handy to know.

Wheelie and carrier.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 08:38:47 pm by U Wha »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 06:10:49 pm »
Ah ok...I'll just keep robbing what I can when I'm out there until they see sense. That kesh is empty a lot lately.I've started dropping off at T1 arrivals sometimes to stay out of the traffic on the departures ramp.What a mess.

There's a little reserved area just before the multi storey, handy snatch patch.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2018, 10:17:01 pm »
Where the airport police park?

Offline Belker

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2018, 04:49:31 am »
Copy of email reply from DAA....

2. Vehicle type is Multi Seater/5 upwards / wheelchair accessible

It states 5 seats NOT 5 passengers.

Offline U Wha

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2018, 03:10:13 pm »
Copy of email reply from DAA....

2. Vehicle type is Multi Seater/5 upwards / wheelchair accessible

It states 5 seats NOT 5 passengers.

I had a peugeot partner  5 seats or 4 passengers and applied but refused as not acceptable. I have a 8 seater wheelie now but in no hurry to get a permit as i get plenty from the apps waiting at the garage. As advised to do so by contributors on this forum.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 03:14:08 pm by U Wha »

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2018, 04:47:26 pm »
is failo/mybollix not blocked up in the airport?

dalymount

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2018, 06:28:09 pm »
I see a long letter in this mornings Irish times complaining about the lack of WATS

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2018, 06:56:17 pm »
w?

Offline Belker

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2018, 04:38:31 am »
I see a long letter in this mornings Irish times complaining about the lack of WATS

Sir, – I use a wheelchair and live in Galway city. I regularly use wheelchair-accessible taxis to assist me in living as independent a life as possible. I frequently experience frustration when calling for one as I am told that there are none available. The irony of an accessible vehicle that cannot be accessed!

Sometimes I can be fortunate to get a wheelchair-accessible taxi, but more often than not, I need to call a few companies before one becomes available. It is particularly very difficult to get one on a Sunday. It is as if the drivers clock off at the same time, and if there is a match on, forget it.

On May 27th, a Sunday, I travelled by taxi to meet friends, and had a lovely time with them. However, when it came to time to go home that afternoon, I rang four Galway city taxi companies to book my return journey, only to be told that there was none available! This is such a disgrace. Fortunately my friends observed for themselves how much trouble I was having and agreed to push me to the nearest bus stop so that I was able to get home and was not left stranded. I was very thankful that there was a bus stop within a relatively short distance. I felt like my independence was undermined.

The unavailability of wheelchair-accessible taxis is very unfair. Those of us with disabilities have a right to go out like everyone else; we are citizens and as such we should be treated the same, and our rights should not be denied.

There is currently a generous grant scheme of up to €7,500 available for the purchase of a wheelchair-accessible vehicle. So why is it so difficult to get a wheelchair-accessible taxi ? I am aware that subsidised wheelchair-accessible taxis are regularly used for other purposes than for which they were primarily designed. I believe that if anyone applies for a licence to carry wheelchair users and then refuses wheelchair work, that licence should be revoked, in the interests of equality, justice and fairness. Who is monitoring this issue?
I believe that some wheelchair taxis do HSE work and airport runs. I am not saying that that doesn’t need to be done, because I am sure it does, but those of us with disabilities are not always attached to hospitals or the airport. Transport for those with disabilities is a necessity rather than a luxury as there are important deadlines and appointments to meet and attend to. That is my personal experience but I am not writing just for me. I am writing for those who are in a similar situation, the younger generation, and for those with disabilities visiting our beautiful city and for those who may not be vocal or confident enough to speak up for themselves. – Yours, etc,

Offline silverbullet

• You don't want to do it like that
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2018, 09:19:48 pm »
is failo/mybollix not blocked up in the airport?
Not at all. Plenty of work, particularly around midnight.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2018, 01:14:02 am »
it used to be though no?

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2018, 07:53:47 am »

Written to further the agenda..every taxi will be a WAT come the changeover in the future...just that you won't be driving them.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/30/16720776/gm-cruise-self-driving-taxi-launch-2019

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/12/17450282/uber-lite-app-emerging-market-india
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 08:07:05 am by The Liffey Lip »

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2018, 08:23:37 am »

Written to further the agenda..every taxi will be a WAT come the changeover in the future...just that you won't be driving them.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/30/16720776/gm-cruise-self-driving-taxi-launch-2019

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/12/17450282/uber-lite-app-emerging-market-india

Possibly, like the gay marriage and abortion referendum thingies..there'll be a of denial and scoffing. 10/15 yrs ago aulfellas on high stools were snidely laughing at effeminate men and dungaree-clad bulldogs.....now who's laughing? Uber has been shot down but as Johnny keeps reminding us the concept of rideshare etc hasn't been buried yet. Rickshaws won't be banned because taximen object to them either...it's all about what the public want.

A spokeswoman for the National Transport Authority (NTA) said in 2015, "it was only legal to offer carpooling or ridesharing services when there was no money changing hands." Now being a bollocks..did he/she preclude it on a cash only basis here or what?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 08:27:15 am by The Liffey Lip »

Show Unread Posts