Author Topic: They were the days!  (Read 11906 times)

Offline silverbullet

• You don't want to do it like that
Re: They were the days!
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2018, 05:21:05 pm »
I was in the Olympic stadium in Rome the night Italy beat us and ended our Italia '90 dream.

Fer security reasons we were not immediately allowed out of the stadium, but kept penned in until all the I'ties had left, that didn't worry us, we were all in party mood anyways. First out on to the running track surrounding the pitch and walking up to us was our own Taoiseach Charlie Haughey waving a Tri-colour at us, he got a half-hearted mooted response. The next Two men to walk along the running track toward us were Jack Charlton and Maurice Setters, both carrying Tri-colours, we roared the stadium out (Ole, Ole, Ole !) fer what they had done fer us !

Yeah, I think I recall one of the lads who played for Ireland fanking "Teeshock 'Ockey" for 'is support... another went on to claim the team was 'undred percent ayerish in a thick regional English accent!
Cascarino is a Cavan name AFAIK.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2018, 08:35:24 am »
I was in the Olympic stadium in Rome the night Italy beat us and ended our Italia '90 dream.

Fer security reasons we were not immediately allowed out of the stadium, but kept penned in until all the I'ties had left, that didn't worry us, we were all in party mood anyways. First out on to the running track surrounding the pitch and walking up to us was our own Taoiseach Charlie Haughey waving a Tri-colour at us, he got a half-hearted mooted response. The next Two men to walk along the running track toward us were Jack Charlton and Maurice Setters, both carrying Tri-colours, we roared the stadium out (Ole, Ole, Ole !) fer what they had done fer us !

Yeah, I think I recall one of the lads who played for Ireland fanking "Teeshock 'Ockey" for 'is support... another went on to claim the team was 'undred percent ayerish in a thick regional English accent!

Yes and Hughton had a train station named after him by a dignitary with a hare-lip.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2018, 12:49:29 pm »

Yes and Hughton had a train station named after him by a dignitary with a hare-lip.
Do you remember Sean Haughey as Lord Mayor shouting at the crowd in College Green?
250,000 There, not one understood a fucking word!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2018, 01:04:05 pm »
The team couldn't wait to go home.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2018, 01:08:29 pm »
The team couldn't wait to go home.
Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner rang through the team bus...Ah, Dena was days Jem!! 8)

Show Unread Posts